Phantis Forums

Bolton W. - Aris

Irlandos

No need to apologise, it's a Greek forum after all.

If he wanted to go back to Greece, wouldn't he rather chose the 'major' teams like AEK, Panathinaikos or Olympiakos?

I know that Sheffield United are strongly linked to a move in January for him...

He wouldn't get into the Olympiakos team now and doubt he would go to Panathinaikos and ruin his legendary status at Olympiakos. AEK Athens might be a possibility but they haven't expressed any interest. Stelios also ruled out a move to Sheff Utd because he made it clear he would never play in the Championship. That leaves Aris and Reading who have been linked. It depends what he wants from his career. One last hurrah in European competition or to stay in the Premiership. When taking into account his situation, if I was him I'd go to Reading.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was under the impression that Stelios was resisting any move from Reebock. Anyway, I am glad that others agree with me that Giannakopoulos had a good match v. Aris.

MAYBE it's time Wanderers put him in their starting lineup!

No, he's actually threatened to leave in January unless he gets first team football. As for making a strong case for him to be a starter, it's very difficult. Bolton play 4-3-3 with Diouf, Anelka, and Davies. All do a fantastic job for Bolton and Stelios isn't the same player he was 2-3 years ago. He's lost alot of pace and instead of running at defenders he now checks his run and passes backwards, killing the flow of the team. This is the reason he doesn't play for Greece either. I hate to say it, but there's just no room for him in the Bolton line up.

Archived