Phantis Forums

Bolton W. - Aris

Irlandos

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's playing for his club and he's a professional. Lay off the poor fellow!

Agree 100% here...What do u guys want him to do,not play for his club???Would you like your foreign players to do the same???Still great result for Aris and the uefa next round phase its in their grasp.

He's playing for his club and he's a professional. Lay off the poor fellow!

Agree 100% here...What do u guys want him to do,not play for his club???Would you like your foreign players to do the same???Still great result for Aris and the uefa next round phase its in their grasp.
My remark was said during the heat of the moment just seconds after the goal. I love Stelios man! The guy looked almost guilty after the whistle while hugging Chalkias. This was truely a Greek fotball tragedy :( :( :(

I was dissapointed to find out that the goal was scored at such a late stage of the match when Aris were hanging onto the lead.

To find out it was Giannakopoulos was both dissapointing and a little pleasing as it could have been anyone else. The guy is a professional, he wasn't just going to sabotage his performance becuase he's playing a Greek team. After all he's got no history with Aris.

Anyway, Hopefully Ari will progress! :rolleyes:

its more than just a late goal......

aris was owning bolton, every pass, cross, attempted shot was blocked and suffocated they were brilliant on every possesion michaelBolton had.....except for that ONE pass....

Stelios was not playing great today I dont know why Irlandos thinks that, Bolton was all pretty terrible.....Aris was just great on defense and moved the ball up quickly on the counter attack......of course its his job to play, but ive hated him since he was a dirty gavro anyways...

I think part of the blame definitly goes to Tassos Kirgiakos, who went and shot (from the wing-no percentage for goal) when what he should have done was hold that ball and DELAY - then jaskelainen picked up his lame shot and booted it down the field right then for a bolton chance leading to a goal.....

Aris were almost perfect otherwise....hopefully Bajevic will eat Kirgiako alive in the locker room.......NEVER blow the ball away like that, with so little time you can only screw with there rythm and pass around....not go for 2-0 like that.....because the late goal that was NEVER deserved will happen for bolton.....

Why tragedy? Stelios has been ignored by a team that was doing  :xxx:  !

He's proven himself today - where Anelka and Hadji Diouf failed.  :nw:

Aris are almost a cert to go through!  :)

What Greek tragedy???  :huh:

It was a tragedy because the hurt was done by one in the "family". Its a play with words and history my friend. Not to be taken all that serious ;)

devastating tie!, however, should the tables been turned and Aris was losing into extra time and then tied...Salonika would be burning right now!!!!

Zaragosa eliminated --check

Red Star embarrased--check

Premier club Bolton (away) tie--check

I think part of the blame definitly goes to Tassos Kirgiakos, who went and shot (from the wing-no percentage for goal) when what he should have done was hold that ball and DELAY - then jaskelainen picked up his lame shot and booted it down the field right then for a bolton chance leading to a goal.....

i agree. i had the same thought watching the match. still i really liked the aris performance. no it all comes down to the braga home game. difficult to make a prediction.

Unfortunatly from wat ive read aris diserved to win ;)

but hey, aris has come along way. Last year if u looked at this fixture would u expect aris to even diserve a draw?

Of all people that scored it had to be Gianakopouls :P

No need to apologise, it's a Greek forum after all.

If he wanted to go back to Greece, wouldn't he rather chose the 'major' teams like AEK, Panathinaikos or Olympiakos?

I know that Sheffield United are strongly linked to a move in January for him...

I was under the impression that Stelios was resisting any move from Reebock. Anyway, I am glad that others agree with me that Giannakopoulos had a good match v. Aris.

MAYBE it's time Wanderers put him in their starting lineup!

Archived