Phantis Forums

Asteras Tripolis - Olympiakos

Crazy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I see it, this is good for Greek football - just as Iraklis' win away to AEK was last week (although to my disappointment). The performance of so-called "second tier" teams such as Aris, Panionios and Larissa in Europe this year tells me that the gap is narrowing within the Greek Super League which has to be good thing. There will be more surprises as this season unfolds.

As a PAO fan, I'm delighted with this result. But, my team has fallen victim to Asteras too. Yes, I agree, it's good to have 7-8 strong teams in the league instead of the usually 3 that capture the top 3 spots all the time.

I think it's about time to attract, keep and empower all sorts of people who can help the sport. All the wrong people have been involved and many teams are still suffering the effects of incompetence, thievery and empty promises. Enough already.

I think good work and competent people can produce great results. It's not the money that rules all the time. I hope many more teams get stronger. The big three won't like it, but it's good for the sport. And, the bigger teams will improve too.

As I see it, this is good for Greek football - just as Iraklis' win away to AEK was last week (although to my disappointment). The performance of so-called "second tier" teams such as Aris, Panionios and Larissa in Europe this year tells me that the gap is narrowing within the Greek Super League which has to be good thing. There will be more surprises as this season unfolds.

Yes but is the gap getting smaller because the smaller teams are improving or because the stronger teams are getting weaker?

I watched the match at the Red Cafe at Karaiskaki with about another 150 Olympiakos fans. I personally wanted to Asteras to win.

Why not throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

Nikopolidis should have been sent off. Blatant foul as the last man and he got a yellow? I can see how some now might have a valid point that Olympiakos get preferential treatment by the referees. This still couldn't help them though, so they deserved to lose.

An interesting point I will make is the following: the amount of booing and negative comments Konstantinou got from those in the bar might be an indication that he might be falling out with the fans....just what I observed.

I agree wiht this.

This is good for soccer. Teams fro mthe eparhia are winning games. Now if hooliganism took a step back, then more fans would go watch again. Then the teams would have enough money to get some good cameras to show the games (man Greek TV has poor quality for soccer)

I watched the match at the Red Cafe at Karaiskaki with about another 150 Olympiakos fans. I personally wanted to Asteras to win.

Why not throw the cat amongst the pigeons.

Nikopolidis should have been sent off. Blatant foul as the last man and he got a yellow? I can see how some now might have a valid point that Olympiakos get preferential treatment by the referees. This still couldn't help them though, so they deserved to lose.

An interesting point I will make is the following: the amount of booing and negative comments Konstantinou got from those in the bar might be an indication that he might be falling out with the fans....just what I observed.

That's because Olympiakos fans are the most ungrateful F***ers in Greece! As fans, they haven't got a clue about football and have no loyalty whatsoever! He was our best player in the CL last year but he's had his injury problems. He still ALWAYS gives everything he's got though! So how can the fans just turn on someone because he isn't playing well? As long as the effort is there you have to support the players gamoto!!! Okkas is another example or a player that bleeds for Olympiakos. It was his boyhood dream and he turned down offers from more prestigous leagues to play for Oly. Personally I rate him, but even if you don't you can't turn on him so viciously because he always played with passion and effort.

When Djole is too old to be effective will the fans turn on him too? How about Stoltidi? The players that deserve stick are the ones that don't care.... Georgatos, Eleutheropoulos, etc. Those types of players are vendettes that put themselves above the team, so if they're going through a bad patch because of a lack of effort I can understand why they'd receive a fans backlash. But to turn on players that give their all... epepe na ntrepontai re. Malakes!!!

KONSTANTINOU OE OE OE!!!!!!!

I agree wiht this.

This is good for soccer. Teams fro mthe eparhia are winning games. Now if hooliganism took a step back, then more fans would go watch again. Then the teams would have enough money to get some good cameras to show the games (man Greek TV has poor quality for soccer)

What hooliganism have you seen at games this year?

Archived