Phantis Forums

Larissa vs Zenit

DUDE

Big game for AEL. This is a make or break game following the defeat at the hands of Everton. Zenit are a very good side, and let's be honest, they are much better than Larissa. (They beat AEK 5-1 at home a in 2004) and KO'd AEK the following season after a 0-0 draw in Athens Arshavin got the winner in the 2nd leg in the 89th min. BUT they aren't as good as Blackburn :P having said that Zenit do travel VERY well.

Arshavin is the dangerman, he runs everything for them, and Zyrianov pops up from midfield to get lots of goals for them so they definitely have dangerous players.

However, Larissa have not lost at home in the UEFA Cup... EVER!

I'm going for an optimistic 1-1 draw. :mellow:

Zenit play their final game of the domestic season at the weekend. If they win that game they win the Russian league for the first time in years, and while Dick Advocaat claims that he wants to win both games he made it clear that the league is his priority. Hopefully that means they'll have one eye on the weekend game and AEL can take advantage. :gr: :gr:

AEL are playing very well against a quick russian team. we had two good chances so far to take the lead. we keep this up and it can only be a positive result.

btw, with a win on sunday, Zenit will be crowned champions of the russiaan league.

also for those who dont know, Zenit faced AEK 3 times in the past 4 years. Beating them twice by scores of 5-1 and 0-1 and drawing at home.

you not watching the game CRAZY?

Yes i am,i was just asking in case you needed any updates.I might be at work but i will not miss another greek team euro game ever again. :tup:

Zenit is playing well but Larisa can turn this game and win.The way that both are playing it was a matter of time for someone to score and unfortunately it was the russians.By the way did you check the speed on their number 10 when he did that run? :o

Archived