Phantis Forums

PAO-AEK

cyberfish

wow Seric got a red card????????

I watched online, was skipping off on and did not see Seric get sent off...what did he get sent off for???

i guess we were making chances with 10 men????

ekane faoul apo piso ston Manu kai peire deuteri kitrini karta...

o dellas eprepe na parei kitrini karta kai oxi kokkini... anyway o dellas eixe idi mia kitrini karta, opote i AEK tha epeze me 10 paixtes opos kai na eixe!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dellas pulled down salpi from behind from his shirt in the 6th minute.. if we get stuck on details then dellas would of had two yellows WAY before the red.. officiating isnt great but thats not excuse for how aek played. or maybe was it that PAO played that damn good.

im pretty sure that if mattos werent dead tired after playing 2 full games last sunday and thursday and the first half today, that aek would not of had any space in the 2nd either.. but they are human. still, even with all that, aek had one chance.

What a great win yesterday. I am still in heaven!

Two goals, top of the table, and most importantly, great performance (the first half at least was just perfect).

Peseiro looks like a genious for using Mantzios from the start. When Mantzios plays in the box and shoots as fast as possible he is lethal. Actually, both he and Salpigidis are lethal when they play in the box.

This is one of the biggest changes this year and it has helped us score easily: Our midfielders and occassionally our fullbacks *really* support our forwards so they both get to play in the box. In the last few years both our forwards had to play on the wings and most of the time alternated between the wing and the box.

What's encouraging is that our improvement did not come from just one player. The improvement is in the way the whole team functions. Everyone presses to win the ball, and everyone contributes in the development. In the last few games we have been awesome at holding the ball patiently and pushing it forward with some merit. I was awed with Mantzios, but mostly I was amazed at the way we turned the ball around on offence until we found a way to push it towards goal. If you did not watch the game, you missed as good a performance as we've seen from PAO in years.

AEK is not a bad team. They are just a bit disjointed and rely on individual play to win the advantage on offence or the midfield. Their defense is for the "panigiria" In the first half when PAO pushed on all cylinders and chased the ball like madmen AEK looked like a third division team.

Mantzios was MVP, but once again Mattos was f-a-f-n-t-a-s-t-i-c for the most part. Seric, Karagounis, and Tziolis were also excellent. Same goes for our entire defense. Nilsson, Sariegi, Morris, and Seric did not allow more than two AEK chances the entire game (with lots of help from our midfield). Special mention should go to a 19 year old, first-year superleague player, Dimoutsos who played with skill and heart. He even plugged the hole at LB when Seric was ejected and I thought he was better than Seric! Galinovic was also very sure handed and cleared enough freekick and corner crosses to make us breathe easier since it was evident that this was the only way AEK could push the ball towards our goal.

Mantzios and Salpigidis were perfect. They both scored two nice goals and I did not understand why they were replaced (I assume Peseiro knows more than I do though). Maybe we needed some extra help on high balls on defence during set plays? The goals that N'doye and Papadopoulos missed at the end were so easy, they could had scored with their eyes closed. But even the best players miss easy goals (even the great Vazeha) so no worries, they'll come back.

What else was interesting? Our attitude! Pao took the field to win and showed from the first minute that the winner would be wearing green at the end of the game. After the first 10 minutes there was no doubt about it. We were just waiting to see the final score. If they keep playing like that it's going to be a happy season.

As for the refs. Well, everyone said it before so I agree with everyone. The ref was very inconsistent with the way he called infractions and showed cards. He managed to destroy a perfectly good and exciting game with his decisions. Needless to say, he was not the reason we won. If AEK decides to focus on that, so much the better for us in the long run. The Seric second yellow was justified. He seems a bit careless at times and he did not need to commit this second foul since Morris was closing in (he found himself behind the play, or better he was outran by the opponent). N' Doye is beginning to get on my nerves. Sure he won the ejection (not sure if it was justified since we never really saw what happened), but he does this every game. As soon as someone fouls him he immediately looks for a fracas. It's distracting and annoying.

To summarize for those in a hurry (in order of importance for me):

We played great :nw:

Once again we scored twice :tup:

Top of the table :nw:

Mantzios was simply awesome :artist:

Our defense was solid

Salpigidis scored his sixth goal in seven games :blink:

Mantzios scored for the second game in a row. Two goals in three games!

Next up: week off, @ Larissa, Xanthi, @ Iraklis, @Panionios, Ofi, @ Aris, Kalamaria, and then the whole second round beginning @ Karaiskaki.

Seric will miss the game against Larissa after the ejection. Karagounis has four yellow cards and will chose which of the next three games he will miss.

please read ''enosi'' news paper... LOLOLOL!!! they are funny... they dont know what football is...

AEK is the most kolofardi team in A'Ethniki.

=-----

im drunk...

please read ''enosi'' news paper... LOLOLOL!!! they are funny... they dont know what football is...

AEK is the most kolofardi team in A'Ethniki.

=-----

im drunk...

I hope the whole team of AEK shares the opinion of the newspaper you mentioned.

If they do then we will become Champions this year :tup:

Afterall when somebody doesnt search the reasons of defete on himself he doesnt try to correct em :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

PAO Thriskeia Thyra 13 Prwtathlima kai pali parte to XAMBARI

:nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

It'S really sick how the AEK fans in the various forums shout about the unfairness of the ref against them and the "show" of Ndoi.

Why didnt all those jirks shout when the won games buy ofside goals and goals coming from handplay? This where clear goals what? And where is the fairness when Rivaldo cause of his age falls even when a slight wind comes by and he gets for such actions fouls?

Playing the referee card when they know they were dominated is for internal consumption. The tv clips are terribly unclear as to what happened so it's a mystery how they all (including this AEK guy on Athlitiki Kyriaki) swear that Dellas did not touch N'Doye.

AEK had their behinds handed to them so they need to find an excuse for their sorry performance. They really only had one chance to score the entire game (that began with Rivaldo lifting his boot to Sariegi's face - the ref did not see the foul) and they cry about Dellas' ejection because they know they could not play us unless we were a man down.

The only thing i know is that with the red card to dellas, its not as if they had to play with a man less then us. we were already playing with 10. and after dellas red, we got 3 unbelievable scoring chances.

this guy on arxizei to mats on ALPHA said the only reason pao had 3 chances towards the end is because AEK had to open up and risk.

thats funny though, because all i remember was Zikos or rivaldo just sending the high ball into paos box for about 12 or 15 minutes. nothing concrete. and the few times AEK ALLOWED the ball to be played on the ground... pao had 3 chances from great playmaking and a disastrous miss by pao. WOW

And the whole time they were ''pressing'' they did absolutely nothing.

PAO was by far the better team. if the foul didnt go in at the end of the first half... i am sure it woulda been a 3 or 4-0 game. we were that much better

Another stat that i found fascinating was in the first half ball possesion was 70-30 in favor of pao. and in the second half, with the ball in the air and numerous fouls aek had 56 to 44. and thats because they held the ball in their backfield most of the time, waiting for their players to run towards the pao goal and they would send in crosses. they played a decent 10 minutes at the beginning of the 2nd half, when their momentum was high after the late first half goal. but after that... they did zero

Ah i forgot to say "Ti peremenis apo paixtes pou paizoune stin poio alitikia omada tis Elladas?" AEK should be called Allitikia Enosi Kolopaidon

sostos! :LOL: :LOL: :tup: :tup:

i cant wait till that b-class team gets destroyed by villareal and fiorentina!

what then will they call the EU commision and complain about being humiliated?

then EU will probably respond well u also get heavely beaten by sevilla and where outplayed against both salzburg and elfsborg!

Archived