Phantis Forums

Superleague National Poll

cyberfish

I am not sure how many of us find such research interesting, but with all the sports pages I read daily, I get the feeling this poll was underreported by the media in Greece.

http://www.superleaguegreece.net/downloads...ll_Research.pdf

Anyway, I found some of the charts interesting:

Olympiakos-Pao fan share (as reported in the poll): 28% - 26% (AEK 12%, Paok 9%)

Fans going to the stadium: 24% more than 2x per month, 41% once/month, 35% just watch on tv.

(33% - one in three - of the fans never go to the stadium)

47% of fans don't agree that the stadiums in Greece are good/comfortable

While 47% rely on sports newspapers for their news, only 12% think they offer objective reports.

86% believe that the teams are conduit for political/economic interests

52% said that violence/fanatisism is a problem of Greek football, while 30% think that economic interests/"paragontes" are a problem.

Between Superleague and EPO, it looks like fans trust Superleague more to advance/protect GR football.

Fans think that "paragontes" (how would you say this in english??) affect the league negatively (I think the quiestion about "affecting" on pg. 48 implies "negative").

Also, only 20% of fans agree that "paragontes" are worthy of leading the teams, and 54% don't agree :whistle:

Page 52 is very interesting:

79% agree that players care more about money instead of the team.

38% agree that the league and/or the cup are prearranged :o

48% don't agree that the foreign players are worth their money

27% only agree that Greek football offers a good show

Page 57 questions about organized fans:

Overwhemingly, fans think that organized fans "create" violence in the stadiums (81%), are "kathodhgoumenoi" by "paragontes", are responsible for the condition of football in Greece today, and that they are important for uplifting their team.

Page 67 deals with combating violence:

88% agree with cameras in the stadiums

85% agree with "onomastika" tickets

In regards to what country organizes the best league, 51% said England, and 26% chose Spain.

Archived