Phantis Forums

Ellas 2018

loup

According to wikipedia ( I know don't always beleive everything I read) Greece is one of the countries thying to host Mondial 2018

I dont think that can be serious - Athens 2004 was beautiful, but this is a different kettle of fish

but here is what is says

The 2018 FIFA World Cup will be the 21st FIFA World Cup, and bidding to host the cup will close in 2010. Countries that have announced their interest include Australia,[1] China,[2] England,[3] Greece,[4] Mexico,[5] Russia,[6] and the United States,[7] while the Benelux countries (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg) have expressed interest in bidding as a single entity.[8] On October 29 2007, FIFA announced that it is ending the rotation policy, with countries from the conferences of two previous host, Africa and South America, being ineligible.[9] Other factors in the selection process include the number of suitable stadia, and their location across candidate countries

Olympic Stadium

Karaskaki - PAO's new one - AEK's new one all big but all in Athens

New one in Larissa 22 000

Toumba 28 000

Pankritiko 26 000

Patra 23 000

volos 22 000

The more I look at this the more I realize there is no chance

I guess we'll just have to enjoy our 2018 title in China

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

According to wikipedia ( I know don't always beleive everything I read) Greece is one of the countries thying to host Mondial 2018

I dont think that can be serious - Athens 2004 was beautiful, but this is a different kettle of fish

but here is what is says

The 2018 FIFA World Cup will be the 21st FIFA World Cup, and bidding to host the cup will close in 2010. Countries that have announced their interest include Australia,[1] China,[2] England,[3] Greece,[4] Mexico,[5] Russia,[6] and the United States,[7] while the Benelux countries (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg) have expressed interest in bidding as a single entity.[8] On October 29 2007, FIFA announced that it is ending the rotation policy, with countries from the conferences of two previous host, Africa and South America, being ineligible.[9] Other factors in the selection process include the number of suitable stadia, and their location across candidate countries

Olympic Stadium

Karaskaki - PAO's new one - AEK's new one all big but all in Athens

New one in Larissa 22 000

Toumba 28 000

Pankritiko 26 000

Patra 23 000

volos 22 000

The more I look at this the more I realize there is no chance

I guess we'll just have to enjoy our 2018 title in China

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

ya right! all those stadiums are way to small for the world stage. A world cup in greece wont come , if it will ever come, for another 50 years

Greece has enough stadiums to satisfy the multiple 30,000-seat stadium requirement and the, at least, one 60,000-seat stadium requirement, with the new stadiums in Piraeus, Volos, Patra, and Crete and the renovated stadiums with Olympiako Stadio and Kaftatzoglio.

However, the big problem with Greece's bid for Euro 2012 was not having, at least, two 50,000 seaters which they will now have for the Euro 2016 bid with the new stadiums for AEK and PAO. In addition, Greece's success with the Olympics and having new facilities, planned transportation routes and improved infrastructure in place already as a result of the Olympics makes them a prime candidate to host Euro 2016.

Archived