Phantis Forums

DIRECTV's Big Fat Greek Launch

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no sections work here either..

1 step at a time I guess. :D :D

If they stick to the plan to make this a "Greek-American" channel, I dont think there will be any real problem with MAD WORLD being on DirecTV too.

I noticed the logo on the website is different. How many logos are they going to try out before they decide on one? :LOL:

It's been a couple days now, and I have to saying that GMTV is surprisingly good. In video mix at least. Great mix of music, unlike pop 24/7 by BLUE. Good mix of new and old music video too.

Also, it looks like GMTV is having the same audio problems that Mega had when it launched. Hope it is fixed soon. And most of all, can't wait for MAD TV and STAR. :D

GMTV is having audio and video problems it will be fixed soon.

I like GMtv better then BLUE, it has great mix of music videos old and new.

DKSat

Thanks for the update. Ive seen that problem.

One thing I noticed the past 2 days or so, is that it seems the video content is on a loop.....

• 2 weeks later...

Just watching Star and they are saying Lakis Lazopoulos show on Alpha this week reached 70% viewers in Greece he has broken the record for the most viewers in Greece :D :gr:

yep. But I dont think its the biggest record. Maybe for that type of show yes, but Im pretty sure Eurovision had more. Ill try to look that up.

Anyway, from http://www.enimerosi24.gr/index.asp?a_id=9

MediaNews | 28/11/2007

Mr. 70%

Here are the averages for the past Eurovision Finals. So I was right. ;) Anyway, these were just averages, and not the highest they hit. I remember hearing on the news that in 2005 with Paparizou, she hit in the 90's%. :o

2007: Average 74,4%

2006: Average 82,6%

2005: Average 82,3%

2004: Average 75,5%

And also:

Euro 2004: Average 80,6%

Eurobasket 2005: Average 60,8%

FIBA Basket Semi-Final 2006: Average 65,4%

FIBA Basket Final 2006: Average 75%

:gr: :gr:

Grk101,

Sorry to say but I think we are done for this year. The holiday season is now upon us and I don't think there will be much going on in the next little while, so more than likely you won't see or hear any news until 2008. Especially in Greece I believe things start to wind down now and people shift into party mode for the holidays, don't expect any business to get done now.

:gr:

Grk101,

Sorry to say but I think we are done for this year. The holiday season is now upon us and I don't think there will be much going on in the next little while, so more than likely you won't see or hear any news until 2008. Especially in Greece I believe things start to wind down now and people shift into party mode for the holidays, don't expect any business to get done now.

Hmm...I wonder what happened with this situation. MAD World had posted a launch month of September, and after that didnt happen, they said in their email that they still plan to launch very soon on DirecTV.

Does have any info on how long we will have to wait for Star International and MAD World?? (I hope not until May. Thats when Alpha Sat. launched)

Especially in Greece I believe things start to wind down now and people shift into party mode for the holidays, don't expect any business to get done now.

You know it! That is why I will be in Greece and in my party mode in exactly 2 weeks. ;)

I do remember reading some things (I believe on satleo) about UBI going international/US and about Vardinogiannis starting an international branch for STAR, but I, too, believe we won't see these until next year.

Then again, Mega Cosmos switched platforms a year ago on Dec 1, so you can never be 100% sure with Greeks. B)

I do wonder what exactly happened though. Star started playing US times, MAD updated their site for the US, it looks like it was about to happen. And then it didnt... :( But MAD still said they plan to launch on DirecTV, and Star is still playing the US times.

Guest Dimitri08

Well its confirmed now this is a channel made in America for Greek Americans and just using music videos from GTV it seems

GMTV = Greek MTV (Greek Music Television), as for Star and MAD they will be coming to directv in the near future.

Well its confirmed now this is a channel made in America for Greek Americans and just using music videos from GTV it seems

GMTV = Greek MTV (Greek Music Television), as for Star and MAD they will be coming to directv in the near future.

GMTV is the satellite version of GTV from Athens. (Galatsi TV)

Not to get confused with MTV Greece.....

Here is their site http://www.gmtv.gr/

And for the channel in Greece http://www.gtv.gr/

Anyway, thanks for the info on Star and Mad. I assume you know something more than the rest of us. :gr:

Now I hope that "near future" is true, and not the "Greek near future". :LOL:

Anyway, thanks for the info on Star and Mad. I assume you know something more than the rest of us. :gr:

Now I hope that "near future" is true, and not the "Greek near future". :LOL:

Dish is in the process of rebuilding its Greek package. People may get either a phone survey or mail (or e-mail) survey about what they watch, and especially about ANTENNA GOLD and BLUE

Anyway, thanks for the info on Star and Mad.  I assume you know something more than the rest of us.  :gr:

Now I hope that "near future" is true, and not the "Greek near future".  :LOL:

Dish is in the process of rebuilding its Greek package. People may get either a phone survey or mail (or e-mail) survey about what they watch, and especially about ANTENNA GOLD and BLUE
Do you mean building up programing for ANTENNA GOLD and BLUE?

If thats the case, there is def. room for improvement....

If you mean add new channels, which others are left to add? Anyway, thanks for the info.

• 2 months later...

Archived