Phantis Forums

IF Elfsborg - AEK

aekmafia21

Lets get this topic of and going, concerns for me that aek need to get of to a thunderous start against the swedish champs non the less, still a tricky trip on to that damn synthetic so called pitch.

Critical and vital we bag maximum points, aek were certaintly out of there element on it i still do beleive that we are superior to them.

60 % chance of full points 35% of a tie 5% loss..............hope im wrong :whistle:

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woooo! Let's not get carried away!

A win in our first match would be very nice but is not vital. We have two home matches to gather maximum points.

I foresee a 1-1 draw here. We ARE better but they will be playing on the rug which we are not used to.

Dont see how we can loss this match i do beleive we are more superior to them , i do beleive they will be some resistance but as the game progresses we will come out on top.

aekmafia21 to be honest my friend i have no idea how strong or not this swedish team is but i hope u guys get a good result to start off the group phase,draw or win.The crusial games will be the ones at home and those are the ones that AEK should get the maximum points from to guarantee her place in the next phase.If you guys want more info about them you can ask darkhorse since he lives there and can give you a better insight on the level of this team.

I honestly dont know ... after seeing how the team reacted in the artificial turf of Salzburg and despite that specific game being a good preparation for that...

In any case, the Swedes are a team we must win of we want to be looking for better things forward in the UEFA cup...

A loss can be handled but a win is expected for me ...

Elfsborg is not in any form at all. Today they lost at home to a bottom team that had not won an away game all season (only one game left after this weekend). Last time they won was seven games ago. On the other hand, they might have given up the fight for a UEFA spot next year, so they'll probably focus all their energy on the group play this year.

I was at the game against AIK in 1999 ( I live around the corner from their stadium. So if i would to have a team in Swe, its them). Mostley remebered in sweden for the police shooting live ammo warning shots at the AIK fans :blink:

Good luck AEK! :gr:

Realistically we need to win this game to give us the best chance of qualifying for the round of 32.

It will be very tough, especially because it is on the artificial turf, but we have an extra days rest after playing last night.

I feel very worried about this game, but i am going to say we will win by 2 - 1 with both goals for Lyb.

Does anyone know how many training sessions we get on the artificial turf before the game??

Elfsborg are not in good form, so it is a perfect opportunity for us to get off to the best start and collect 3 points.

I will be keeping my fingers and toes crossed!!!

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

Considering that AEKs home games are tough then I would argue that a win here is essential. A draw would be ok but a defeat would be disastarous! On a surface like like this it may be a good idea to play players with pace. Maybe Manu should start in place of Ribo. AEK must go for the win here.

Archived