Phantis Forums

Real Madrid - Olympiakos

dark_horse

Will Olympiakos win another away match?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will Olympiakos win another away match?

• Yes
    • No
    • Draw

We might lost this game but i am proud for our team.We proved that even with 10 players for 80 minutes we are here to play anyone and anywhere.Congrats on our boys. :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

Real see you in Greece. ;)

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad ending to an unbelievable effort. thing is... lets not forget real had also missed a penalty. chances were missed at the end... which i think proves that when down or tied oly can be very dangerous.

VERY IMPORTANT for the oly fans to support them at home and not turn on them like they usually if they go down early.

oly has played better on the road then at home in recent years and that is the ONLY thing that makes me weary for the return leg with real.

I NOW BELIEVE THAT ALL GREEK TEAMS HAVE A CHANCE IN THEIR RESPECTIVE MATCHES IN EUROPE. TOGETHER WE CAN TAKE THEM ALL DOWN.

later players

bad luck guys anyways,,uz played very well ,,,,,and with 10 men and having them on the ropes shows to me that real are not the team they used to be. This is not taking anything away from uz ,,,,uz made them look extra ordinary,,,,,uz had the greek flag up today bravo sas,,,now ...ga.mise tous stin athina

I'm very proud of our team...

All players that were on the field should be praised by all of us because they were creating chances played extremely well, scored, and made all of us proud.

We're getting there as a group

DON"T FORGET THAT WE'RE GOING TO HAVE ABOUT 10,000 FANS AT OLYMPICO AND WE'RE GOING TO COME AWAY WITH A WIN

I rarely ever blame the refs but tonight it was 100% the fault of the ref. The red card was undeserved. It was ###### pathetic and UEFA needs to evaluate him and suspended him from refereeing Champions League games. It was that bad.

We also missed our own fair share of chances. Forget Real's chances, because that was a given with us having even 11 men, not 10. We got lucky they missed there's but we did not take advantage of the chances we had. Lua Lua had a weak shot attempt when he was alone, basically passing it to the goalie. Lua Lua again messed up by kicking the ball to much in front on a breakaway and lost any chance at a goal. Lua Lua, for all his talk, did NOTHING today. I know people say he has pace but besides that he did nothing, especially with the stupid decision to play him as a lone striker. He turned the ball over too many times and had some dumb players overall.

Nikopolidis made some great saves but the 3-2 goal by Robinho was definitely able to be saved. Once again, he pulled the classic statue Nikoplidi goalkeeping. Still, good game from him. But, better game from the defense. Defense played them with 10 men but fell asleep in the 2nd half, especially Patsa.

We played them hard and I am proud we remained in the game with 10 men until the very end. We really deserved a point but we managed to screw it up again as always, this time thanks to the ref.

I know people are confident about playing Real in Karaiskaki but what you must realize is that even though they did not play THAT well today(they still missed their share of chances), they are still an awesome team and it will be just as hard to defeat them at home than to defeat them away. Especially if he another s%$#! ref. Whatever, we'll see. Whatever happens from here on out I can say that they tried their best and didn't succeed. I will not be disappointed by this Champions League run.

come on, file. olympiakos played a great match and the ref was very poor but they didnt loose because of the ref. tthe red card was o.k. toro was the last player and should have acted a lot smarter. perhaps some refs wouzld give him a yellow card but a red one isnt unjust there. same goes for the penalty. patsa HAS to be more clever with robinho in the box. this to me proved why giourkas is our ethniki starter on the right side.

lua lua was a lone striker especially after toros red card. when had the ball he was against 2,3-4 real players. considering that he did a good job of holding the ball. he was a bit unlucky in his final attempst though.olympiakos had the chances to snatch at leat a point form real but lets not forget real did too.

as for nikopolidis fault for the 3-2. no way to save that shot in my opinion. he wasnt at fault for any goal and made some great saves. overall he had a good game.

I think all Olympiakos fans and supporters should be proud tonight. The team delivered and made an overall good game in Chamartin.

Even playing for 80 minutes with 10 men only, Olympiakos was up for the challenge and played good football all around. Even after the 3-2, Kovacevic could have and should have equalized!

Given the circumstances, there are plenty of reasons to be optimistic about this year's european performance. If we can beat them at Karaiskaki, we'll probably go through to the playoffs.

It's not going to be easy though, Real Madrid have a great team and they are perfectly able to come to Greece and win. But with the right attitude and a good focused game, Olympiakos can clinch a victory against Real and be ready to go snatch a point or three at Olimpico in Roma afterwards.

Congratulations to the team tonight.

He ruined our chances from the beginning of the game. He was terrible.

antzas ruined your chances with a stupid mistake that led to the 1-0. toro ruined your chances with a stupid foul. its just too easy to blame the ref...

it was stupidity on behalf of torosidis. even greek media dont question the red card and criticise torosidis for it. i am saying olympiakos had a super game and would have deserved a lot more than 0 points BUT you can giove the red card and you can give the penalty. plus no one knows how the game would have went with 11 vs 11.

i would just like to know which ref decision that could have been wrong affected the game outcome? only two come to my mind: the alleged hand ball from salgado which wasnt blatant and the offside against van nistelrooy in the first half..

Look, I think Oly sent a message even in defeat... that Real will suffer in Karaiskaki... AS THEY SHOULD!

I don't think this was a game Oly had to have. This was expected. Winning those games that you're supposed to is the key to success!

Good luck in the next games.

Archived