Phantis Forums

Real Madrid - Olympiakos

dark_horse

Will Olympiakos win another away match?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will Olympiakos win another away match?

• Yes
    • No
    • Draw

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got mixed emotions about this game. From a positive perspective, the players showed pride, a high work rate and played some great football. I'm so proud of them. However, tactically we made many mistakes. They don't really have an aerial threat so when you play Real you have to force them out wide, toward the end of the first half we were giving way too much room centrally. As for the goals. Antzas was a joke tonight and he confirmed that he isn't good enough for this level. Without him we'd have won the game tonight! He cost us the first goal and was partly responsible for the 3rd. The 2nd goal was not Patsa's fault, it was Djole's inability to track his runner. It's difficult to criticise him though because he ran his arse off and was the man of the match imo (along with that little s%$#! Robinho). We were very unlucky not to get at least point and although the referee didn't cost us the game he did contribute to the defeat.

Toro's red was deserved, but again it was Antzas' fault who was caught out of position. The penalty should not have been given and Djole's yellow was a joke. Higuian did exactly the same thing and nothing happened!!!

If 6 is average, my ratings were:

Nikopolidis 8: Pulled off some wonderful saves but still should have saved Robinho's equalizer at the near post.

Torosidis 5: Was a red but if he didn't pull RVN down he would have surely scored. We'll never know whether it was the right decision.

Raul Bravo 6: Worked hard and showed passion but he was caught out of position a few times.

Antzas 4: At fault for the first goal and for Toro's red card. Very poor performance.

Cesar 8: Won everything in the air and RVN didn't get a look in and he got a goal.

Galletti 8: He seemed to tire but was great as ever.

Djole 9: Apart from failing to track Robinho for the 2nd goal and his poor finish toward the end when the game was still 2-2, he was exceptional. Great leader.

Stoltidi: 5: Way too slow, the game passed him by and he gave the ball away way too often.

Ledesma 8: Worked so hard and was provided a great shield.

Patsa 7: Had a decent game and worked hard.

Lua Lua 8: His work rate was amazing and he has become such a quality player for us. His distribution wasn't always great but he was spearheaded the attack brilliantly overall.

Kovacevic 6: Didn't really do anything but nearly got a great goal at the death.

Zewlakow 6: Didn't really have time to make an impact.

Nunez 5: Missed a sitter gamoto!!

Lemonis 7: A little slow to react to the holes in the middle but he was in a difficult position after Toro's red.

We HAVE to beat them at home now. I just pray the atmosphere is hotter than ever!

I've got mixed emotions about this game. From a positive perspective, the players showed pride, a high work rate and played some great football. I'm so proud of them. However, tactically we made many mistakes. They don't really have an aerial threat so when you play Real you have to force them out wide, toward the end of the first half we were giving way too much room centrally. As for the goals. Antzas was a joke tonight and he confirmed that he isn't good enough for this level. Without him we'd have won the game tonight! He cost us the first goal and was partly responsible for the 3rd. The 2nd goal was not Patsa's fault, it was Djole's inability to track his runner. It's difficult to criticise him though because he ran his arse off and was the man of the match imo (along with that little s%$#! Robinho). We were very unlucky not to get at least point and although the referee didn't cost us the game he did contribute to the defeat.

Toro's red was deserved, but again it was Antzas' fault who was caught out of position. The penalty should not have been given and Djole's yellow was a joke. Higuian did exactly the same thing and nothing happened!!!

If 6 is average, my ratings were:

Nikopolidis 8: Pulled off some wonderful saves but still should have saved Robinho's equalizer at the near post.

Torosidis 5: Was a red but if he didn't pull RVN down he would have surely scored. We'll never know whether it was the right decision.

Raul Bravo 6: Worked hard and showed passion but he was caught out of position a few times.

Antzas 4: At fault for the first goal and for Toro's red card. Very poor performance.

Cesar 8: Won everything in the air and RVN didn't get a look in and he got a goal.

Galletti 8: He seemed to tire but was great as ever.

Djole 9: Apart from failing to track Robinho for the 2nd goal and his poor finish toward the end when the game was still 2-2, he was exceptional. Great leader.

Stoltidi: 5: Way too slow, the game passed him by and he gave the ball away way too often.

Ledesma 8: Worked so hard and was provided a great shield.

Patsa 7: Had a decent game and worked hard.

Lua Lua 8: His work rate was amazing and he has become such a quality player for us. His distribution wasn't always great but he was spearheaded the attack brilliantly overall.

Kovacevic 6: Didn't really do anything but nearly got a great goal at the death.

Zewlakow 6: Didn't really have time to make an impact.

Nunez 5: Missed a sitter gamoto!!

Lemonis 7: A little slow to react to the holes in the middle but he was in a difficult position after Toro's red.

We HAVE to beat them at home now. I just pray the atmosphere is hotter than ever!

How was Toro's red deserved? Did you see the replay? The player literally fell by himself. If you are at least going to warn a player(even if it was a dive), give a yellow. But a red without any other foul occurring so far? Just poor refereeing.

How was Toro's red deserved? Did you see the replay? The player literally fell by himself. If you are at least going to warn a player(even if it was a dive), give a yellow. But a red without any other foul occurring so far? Just poor refereeing.

He was the last man re file, if he didn't tug him it was a certain goal. If it was the other way around wouldn't you have demanded their defender goes?

He was the last man re file, if he didn't tug him it was a certain goal. If it was the other way around wouldn't you have demanded their defender goes?
It was a red card since it was only RVN and Torosidis and the dutch was going for a goal.If it was the other way around,i dont think that this ref would call the same but ,heah,we are the underdogs,we can not expect any better.With teams like Real you have to be focused for the whole game and not make many mistakes.We did a bunch ,BUT.......Osfp players deserve a lot of credit because in a game like that,being down 1-0 in the second minute and a red card at 13 minute they done something that me personally have never seen from our team before.They reacted,they tried harder and chalenged Real straigh up in there own turf.In the 10-11 years that i have watched OSFP CL games and especiallya gainst this team(Real)we have never done that.Turn a game around and have Bernabeou yelling and whistiling at there own players.Creating chances up to the last minutes and scaring the heck out of them.Who,us???Poor little greek team???The 5-0,6-0 & 7-0 "practice" squad.I am extremely proud of our team and more confident that ever that if we keep the same fighting mentality our european adventure will continue in 2008. :tup: :gr: :tup:

PS.In the coming 3 games,2 of them are at home so we might get the points we need there.I START TO BELIEVE BROTHERS,THIS LOOKS LIKE A GREEK YEAR TO ME. :gr: :tup: :box:

This match was determined by the details. Oly is very, very much improved in euro play this season, judging from the last 2 games away.

The details: red card (if he knew he was the last one, he should have known a red card was coming... not a good decision then), and when 3-2 Oly could have equalized.

Nevertheless, this I think sent a message that in Karaiskaki Oly will mean business. And, this is a good thing is that your next CL game is in Karaiskaki against Real! Good luck.

Lets not look at the game through Red Goggles.

The red card was deserved. End of story. RVN was in a prime position for a goal and was pulled down with toro's right hand on RVN right upper arm.

The penalty was also deserved as Robinho dazzled patsa and would of passed him if not for the right leg taking him down.

Lets not forget that whether u are playing Real or Artmedia, the rules are still rules. Sometimes the kit helps in impaired judgement but most of the time, in the cl the refereeing is pretty solid. as it was today.

One thing i fear is about 80 minutes into the game, Ledesma went down right outside the oly box and stayed down.. and real looked like they were pointing to the other oly players to fair play it. and they didnt. and with that.. djole got a great scoring chance. maybe it will come around and bite them in the butt in athens if the roles get reversed.

HOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER..... even with all that, it was an unbelievable performance by oly and a tie would of been a SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER result. football is a game of inches. tonight, oly was a few inches short.

Lets not look at the game through Red Goggles.

The red card was deserved. End of story. RVN was in a prime position for a goal and was pulled down with toro's right hand on RVN right upper arm.

The penalty was also deserved as Robinho dazzled patsa and would of passed him if not for the right leg taking him down.

Lets not forget that whether u are playing Real or Artmedia, the rules are still rules. Sometimes the kit helps in impaired judgement but most of the time, in the cl the refereeing is pretty solid. as it was today.

One thing i fear is about 80 minutes into the game, Ledesma went down right outside the oly box and stayed down.. and real looked like they were pointing to the other oly players to fair play it. and they didnt. and with that.. djole got a great scoring chance. maybe it will come around and bite them in the butt in athens if the roles get reversed.

HOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER..... even with all that, it was an unbelievable performance by oly and a tie would of been a SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER result. football is a game of inches. tonight, oly was a few inches short.

Do we really need you tell us this? You are actually being serious with the assessment that the refereeing in this match was even remotely good?

The referi in my opinion was corect about the red card and for a yellow that he gave to Robinho for trying to "get" a penalty before the second one that they had won but at some occasions he played homa advantage a little more than he should.Having said that you got to play the game no matter what,good calls or bad calls are all in the name of the game.The only thing that i disagree with my friend Nikos is that many times we have seen calls going for the "bigest" teams rather than the small ones.Real madrit and Artmedia are miles apart in european recognition.All of our teams,in different occasions have suffered from that one way or another.That is something that does not suprise me anymore,something that is ecpected in some degree.The referi today though can not and should not be used as an excuse.Toro should have acted smarter and Patsa went back instead of holding his ground.Lua-Lua,Djole,Kovasevic,Galletti and Nunez had chances to turn this game in our favor.Little unfortunate mistakes that played a major part on todays result but a really good performance that hopefully will have Real think twice about the game in greece and our boys fired up for payback time.

I dont no wat djole said to the ref but it was rediculus that he got a card there. The player who tackeled him ( i think it was metlzer but im not sure) made no intention of getting the ball. His first challange he did, but then he spun around and used his other leg and clipped djole in the back of his leg. There was no intention for the ball. The ref was very bad to Oly. But the refs have to support the big teams and the teams with the big players ;) If real barca man u and milan all get knocked out, theyll lose tons of money! So its there priority to big teams like Real in. :tdown:

re olympiakara2005, i am not saying that the refereeing was perfect but none is.

dude... seriously... the penalty was a clear penalty. in fact it was identical to the one galetti won this weekend with panionio only that galetti cut to the right and not the left.

the red card was the same type of play that an AEKS defenceman made against a larisa player on saturday difference being on saturday it wasnt called seeing as how aek was down one man already. well Shame on the greek ref that didnt call it.. cuz it was a red card and a penalty and two points less for aek.

However its only the greek league.. so he will get a slap on the wrist and that will be all.

home field advantage is exactly that. playing at home where the fans sometimes make it easier to pull out a red instead of a yellow. and although a yellow would of been the MINIMUM on tha play... the rule states that with him as the last man back, it is a red card.

he did give robihno a yellow for diving which usually never happens.

the reason there were four yellows and a red card against oly is one simple reason.

Individually, the Real players have more football sense and creativity then the oly players. therefor eit makes it easier for them to get by one of them with a quick little move forcing the slower reflexes of the greek player to commit fouls.

its on a team level that Real is and has been struggling over recent years.

i mean if the three biggest plays of this game were the red card, the penalty and the yellow for diving.. from a referee stand point.. and they were called right... how can u say officiating was horrible?

if he was that bad... he would never of given a yellow to robihno for diving or a foul on that phantom foul djole faked halfway through the second half....

i am in no way a oly fan... in fact i cant stand them in greece... but being patriotic is what i feel football brings out in people...

if u still disagree with me.. name me five plays.. where the referee made a bad decision and we can discuss it further.. but dont be offensive and start name calling cuz ill pull out a red card so fast ull be seeing stars...!!!! :P

i am still very shocked at all these goals and efkairies at once. I hope we can redeem ourselves and beat Real in Greece. This game was very hard for me to understand. The ref didnt call anything and he really screw up. to stay in the game for 75 min. was hard for us with 10 players but we made it look easy. Next match i am very scared about because Robber and diarea will be back :LOL: Good luck to our boyz in 2 weeks and hopefully we can play as well as we played in the bernabeu but this time with 11 players

1 man down for 80 min. + Away game + Shi%$ referees + Playing against one of the best club teams in the world = A great performance, and if the first 3 conditions are reversed, I expect to have a good chance at winning the next time we play them.

This is not the same team. I have watched them play for the past few years in Europe and I can honestly say for the first time in a long time, that I feel we have a good chance to make it to the next round.

:o Waw at OSFP.

I feel you guys should have at least drawn this game. I watched it and even as a non OSFP'er got kind of extatic to see OSFP with one man down get in front at Bernabeu.

Too bad, but I believe OSFP will go far this year in the CL, and if not there, in the Uefa Cup.

this for me was a typical gavro loss, regardless of who they play.

Play great for 80 min. & still find a way to lose.10 or 11 men, we've seen this before

Pts vs REAL are a must in the next game for hope of advancing in this group

how is this a typical gavro loss? We played very good agasnt wat i think is the best team in world. You can play great agasnt a team for Real for 89 mins and still lose. There individual skills are so good, they can score anytime when they need to. Very hard team to shut down and oly did it it style with only 10 men and a garbage ref. Honestly NYPAO, wat more can you ask for?

They did manage to lose the game once again in the final minutes but I cannot fault them this time as they played their asses off with 10 men.

true, it is a very gavros loss in that sence. And yes as you said, they are not at fault because of the ten men. That was i was trying to say but i guess i didnt express my self clearly.

Archived