Phantis Forums

Real Madrid - Olympiakos

dark_horse

Will Olympiakos win another away match?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Will Olympiakos win another away match?

• Yes
    • No
    • Draw

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is some good news but still they have many other superstars on their roster.Never the less, Lemonis will have 2 less headaches to worry about. :tup:

In essence it's a bigger loss than just 2 players because one of them is their left back and the other is their left winger so they have they're left side out. This is something that Gelletti and Torosidi should aim to take advantage of!

In essence it's a bigger loss than just 2 players because one of them is their left back and the other is their left winger so they have they're left side out. This is something that Gelletti and Torosidi should aim to take advantage of!

Yes that is a great point. That is very good news for Oly. Oly is very strong on the right side and they better be able to take advantage of the week Real left side :tup:

Real Madrid fell to their first defeat of the season this season losing 2-1 away to Espanyol. This means that they'll be eager to correct their mistakes by beating us. We have to ensure that any uncertainty is magnified. We've already said they have their left side out, but they also conceded a goal from a corner today which shows that they are stil vulnerable from set pieces. I'd like to see us take a few risks when we get a set piece by getting all our big players up as well as a few on the edge of the box. Before this game, Real Madrid, Fiorentina, Arsenal and Olympiakos were Europe's only clubs to be undefeated so far this season... BUT after today's results Arsenal, Oly and Fiorentina are the only teams to remain undefeated... let's keep it that way!

Real Madrid 1 - 1 Olympiakos.

Real Madrid fell to their first defeat of the season this season losing 2-1 away to Espanyol. This means that they'll be eager to correct their mistakes by beating us. We have to ensure that any uncertainty is magnified. We've already said they have their left side out, but they also conceded a goal from a corner today which shows that they are stil vulnerable from set pieces. I'd like to see us take a few risks when we get a set piece by getting all our big players up as well as a few on the edge of the box. Before this game, Real Madrid, Fiorentina, Arsenal and Olympiakos were Europe's only clubs to be undefeated so far this season... BUT after today's results Arsenal, Oly and Fiorentina are the only teams to remain undefeated... let's keep it that way!

Real Madrid 1 - 1 Olympiakos.

We have to come out fast like we did vs panionios, that way we can capatalize on Madrids slow starts

We wont come out against Real like we did against Panionios because Lemonis will probably play 4-5-1 again. I think if we play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, we will play a much better and more crisp game like we did against Werder in the second half. Our strength is offense. We are not a club that would play defense. We need to take our chances and play the formation that suits us best.

isnt aek undefeated too?

no they lost both theyre games to sevilla.

In the other game i really hope bremen and lazio draw, which is very possible. What do you guys think. What result would benifit Oly the most?

I think the best result would be a loss but a Lazio win wouldn't be too bad either. It would leave Werder with 0 points coming into Karaiskaki and with low morale. Plus, whatever happens, we'd still be second.

If Weder lose then we will have 1 foot in the UEFA Cup but if we want to make the latter stages of the CL then we want them to draw. Personally I think Weder will destroy Lazio in Germany.

I can not wait for this game.it is only Monday and already i am freaking out... :la:

Welcome to my world, I always freak out weeks before a game. I've got uni exams this week but with all those Greek teams in Europe my mind's elsewhere! :rolleyes: I don't know whether I'm deluded by our first ever away win but I can't believe I'm so confident about this game. It's weird though because although I can't imagine us winning, I honestly think we can avoid defeat. We have to be brave and counter attack though. Our midfielders have to have the confidence to run with the ball, break quickly and when we're defensive we have to play narrowly because they like to play through the middle. Similar to how Olympiakos played away to Weder or Greece played away against Turkey. From a defensive standpoint Patsa, Ledesma and Stoltidi will be key and from an offensive standpoint Torosidi, Lua Lua, Galletti and Djole will have to be on top form. We CAN do this, the players will have to approach it like a final though.

Does anyone know how many fans will travel?

Lemonis will play 4-5-1 again. Brilliant.

I dont mind starting like that.Against a team like Real you can not play way to"open",we have try that in the past with not so great results.If we control the midfield and take presure out of our defence,we can and have the players to do the damage and maybe get away with some point/points. I am waiting to see the starting eleven to get a better feel about the plans that Lemonis is preparing.I though i saw somewhere saying today that he has not made up him mind yet.

Does anyone know how many fans will travel?[/b][/color]

There is a rumour that we might have up to 10.000 fans in Spain. :tup: I talked to some of my boys in Greece and they are getting ready to go tommorow.They told me that everyone is going crazy for this game. :tup:

There is a rumour that we might have up to 10.000 fans in Spain. :tup: I talked to some of my boys in Greece and they are getting ready to go tommorow.They told me that everyone is going crazy for this game. :tup:

I am very impressed! Im soooooooo pumped for this one. Ive been pumped since the day after greece beat turkey. We can do anything :gr:

I wrote a while ago that Olympiakos has a more "European feel" to the team with players like Galetti, Bravo and Kovacevic. And now Lua Lua. I hope they play confidently in Madrid and take at least a point off Real. By the way, for Australian Greek football fans the game will be shown live on SBS at 4.30am (Sydney time) on Thursday, 25 October.

Osfp propably starting 11 in a 4-5-1 formation:

----------------------------------Nikopolidis-------------------------------------------------

----Torosidis-------------Antzas----------------Ceazar---------------Bravo--------------

-------Galletti----------Patsatzoglou----Ledesma---------Stoltidis---------Djole---------

-----------------------------------------Lua-Lua---------------------------------------------

Archived