Phantis Forums

Pao - Paok

slick13

Horrible officiating. This is a big factor in lost credibility.

Today's ref is absolutely horrible. Missed 3 big calls.

Anyway, PAO needs to score another one. And, Dimoutsos' goal was unjustly invalidated by the ref. PAOK is dangerous and can score one too--they've done it often in the last 2 years against us.

xaxaxaxxa Pao scored a second goal but the referi did not count it because the Paok defender and goalie collided with each other but because Dimoutsos was standing there he thought he fouled them...xaxaxaxaxaxa :LOL:

Good win against an opponent of limited ability. PAOK is not what it used to be.

PAO managed another comfortable win without conceding a goal, and without even being seriously threatened. This is a big change from last year. We did not play a particularly good game, but it was enough to win without worries. I think the game ended and PAO had taken 14 SOG against only 3 of PAOK (I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was something like that).

Malartz worries me at times with the way he keeps punching the ball towards the middle of the field. He did have an excellent save on the only real chance PAOK had.

Vintra has reached new lows. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but this is getting serious. There must be someone else we can try at RB.

Nilsson was not bad, and neither was Sariegi, but I don't understand why Goumas lost his position on the team. I have seen nothing to tell me that the other CBs play the position any better than he does.

Mattos and Tziolis were excellent once again, as was Karagounis. Romero had the kind of game that he played all last year, but he won the penalty.

N'Doye was easily dispossessed today, and he seemed very undisciplined on the field. He did have some good moments, but he was rightly replaced by Papadopoulos who did not do anything better.

Salpigidis worked hard up front and scored for the second game in a row.

Dimoutsos has a place in the starting lineup, and I would not be surpised to see him in place of Romero next game.

Officiating was typically horrid, but that's old news for the Superleague. Dissallowing Dimoutsos' goal alone should land these guys in the second division.

Proton, eprepe na eixame emeis penalti.

Deuteron, eprepe na eixate k eseis penalti alla an eixe dothei to penalti mas, alliws tha evgaine to paixnidi

Triton, kakos akirothike to gkol sas meta apo ta prota 2 lathi.

Pisteuw pos o PAOK den aksize ti niki alla an eixame parei to penalti isos na pairname kana bathmo simera.

Proton, eprepe na eixame emeis penalti.

Deuteron, eprepe na eixate k eseis penalti alla an eixe dothei to penalti mas, alliws tha evgaine to paixnidi

Triton, kakos akirothike to gkol sas meta apo ta prota 2 lathi.

Pisteuw pos o PAOK den aksize ti niki alla an eixame parei to penalti isos na pairname kana bathmo simera.

kai ksexases to katharo gkol tou dimoutso paok4

Good win against an opponent of limited ability. PAOK is not what it used to be.

PAO managed another comfortable win without conceding a goal, and without even being seriously threatened. This is a big change from last year. We did not play a particularly good game, but it was enough to win without worries. I think the game ended and PAO had taken 14 SOG against only 3 of PAOK (I don't remember the exact numbers, but it was something like that).

Malartz worries me at times with the way he keeps punching the ball towards the middle of the field. He did have an excellent save on the only real chance PAOK had.

Vintra has reached new lows. I don't want to beat a dead horse, but this is getting serious. There must be someone else we can try at RB.

Nilsson was not bad, and neither was Sariegi, but I don't understand why Goumas lost his position on the team. I have seen nothing to tell me that the other CBs play the position any better than he does.

Mattos and Tziolis were excellent once again, as was Karagounis. Romero had the kind of game that he played all last year, but he won the penalty.

N'Doye was easily dispossessed today, and he seemed very undisciplined on the field. He did have some good moments, but he was rightly replaced by Papadopoulos who did not do anything better.

Salpigidis worked hard up front and scored for the second game in a row.

Dimoutsos has a place in the starting lineup, and I would not be surpised to see him in place of Romero next game.

Officiating was typically horrid, but that's old news for the Superleague. Dissallowing Dimoutsos' goal alone should land these guys in the second division.

Cyber you should read the sportssites more often.

Goumas had over the week great problems with some sickness which partially gave him high fever about almost 40 grades Celcius. He was to week for the most part of the week and Peseiro has shown that he only puts players to play which are 100% ready to do so.

Cyber you should read the sportssites more often.

Goumas had over the week great problems with some sickness which partially gave him high fever about almost 40 grades Celcius. He was to week for the most part of the week and Peseiro has shown that he only puts players to play which are 100% ready to do so.

Thanks Tsoglani,

I was on the road for a couple of weeks and barely had time to check the reports. I stopped at a couple of internet cafes and read these forums, but I missed the Goumas problems (no one reported them here in the "injuries" forum :P . From what I saw neither Enacharire nor Sariegi played any better than Goumas, so I think he will start when he is healthy. I've only seen Sariegi in one game against PAOK, so maybe I should wait a bit longer.

Beyond defensive players, the whole team defends really well. One think we can say for sure after four official games, is that opponents can't find their way anywhere near our goal. Our midfield is doing an excellent job of not leaving exposed defenders (the goal at Artmedia was one exception).

Four games in, and opponents count their chances in one finger. That's some progress from the last three years. The truth is we haven't played any serious teams yet.

I read some of the online reports today and I can't believe the whining. Everyone seems upset that PAO did not play like Barcelona. What gives? The team has been in shambles for more than three years when we lost key games to lower division teams, and lost titles playing horrible football. Now that we look under control and we are winning comfortably people find things to whine about. Why can't we enjoy our wins? Why can't PAO get the benefit of the doubt for a change?

To pMelachrinosrase John, "give the team a chance" :D

welll cyber. while i agree with you on someparts, i have to say that i think that so far this season we took major steps forwards. and im not only talking about the results. we have played 4 games, and we have given up 4 scoring chances, (including the offside cross to torosidis against oly) and only one goal.we played PAOK,OLY,Ergotelis (away) and Artmedia (away). we also scored seven goals, should of been eight with the disallowed goal that dimoutso scored yesterday and of the 7, only one by penalty.

The big difference is this year, we are in charge on the field. if u take away the first game against oly, where we had 8 regulars out of the lineup, id say we not only won but dominated every game. the trouble with pao last year was the results with the little teams. Losing to IONIKOS at home. same with ergotelis, atromitos and aris. barely scraping away wins in hraklis and ergotelis while barely having any scoring chances. i can name u at least 8 games where we BARELY WON and another 7 that we tied or lost because we played that way. Uninspired, uncontrolling football with no creativity.

This year, for the first time in a long time, it seems that pao has turned a page. For how long and how well, remains to be seen.

Another thing i dont agree on is Sariegi. I know that it is early to make judements and all, but from what i saw, the guy knows his position. its all about body placement. a cb`s job it to not allow the other teams player to hold onto the ball. and u can tell in the air. he always places his body so that if he doesnt get the header neither will his opponent. Like i said its early, but he seems miles ahead of big joe and i think will start for pao for a long time. plus he is 27 and goumas is 32.

welll cyber. while i agree with you on someparts, i have to say that i think that so far this season we took major steps forwards. and im not only talking about the results. we have played 4 games, and we have given up 4 scoring chances, (including the offside cross to torosidis against oly) and only one goal.we played PAOK,OLY,Ergotelis (away) and Artmedia (away). we also scored seven goals, should of been eight with the disallowed goal that dimoutso scored yesterday and of the 7, only one by penalty.

The big difference is this year, we are in charge on the field. if u take away the first game against oly, where we had 8 regulars out of the lineup, id say we not only won but dominated every game. the trouble with pao last year was the results with the little teams. Losing to IONIKOS at home. same with ergotelis, atromitos and aris. barely scraping away wins in hraklis and ergotelis while barely having any scoring chances. i can name u at least 8 games where we BARELY WON and another 7 that we tied or lost because we played that way. Uninspired, uncontrolling football with no creativity.

This year, for the first time in a long time, it seems that pao has turned a page. For how long and how well, remains to be seen.

Another thing i dont agree on is Sariegi. I know that it is early to make judements and all, but from what i saw, the guy knows his position. its all about body placement. a cb`s job it to not allow the other teams player to hold onto the ball. and u can tell in the air. he always places his body so that if he doesnt get the header neither will his opponent. Like i said its early, but he seems miles ahead of big joe and i think will start for pao for a long time. plus he is 27 and goumas is 32.

i agree with you in pretty much every way.. when i was watching the friendlies this summer i could tell we would shape together...i think peseiro is working well with the team...we are very efficient everwhere on the field..i saw ths summer that the players were actuall holding the ball and passing around in the midfield instead of just booting the ball up the pitch...i saw the team develop through the friendlies and it seems the plaers are responding well to peseiro..i also have to point out the depth we have in our bench...ever player of the bench this year has the capabilit to do something good for the team...we also have alot of greek younger talent..tziolis, ninis, dimoutsos, siontis.. karagounis and fyssas, who both established themselves on pao..not to mention leontiou(who was extremely promising during pre season, i hope the kid comes back strong.) we have more then enough solid players..also player like ivansitzch, seric, ninis and eki, who have seen no time at all this season..

i agree about sarriegi as well..i think him and morris can establish our new central defense...i think goumas is a great player and will always be one of our great defenders, but he is getting old and we need a player that will replace him...enika. really doesnt seem like the player we need...now i havent seen either of them too often, but sariegis outing vs paok went much better the enika. 3 other outings...

game aside here, didnt get to watch mroe than the goals

noticed again the stands are empty.......there have been 2 home games this year, both DERBIES and the stadium was not nearly full both times.....

for a team trying to be serious about stepping up the club, this is a total joke, disaster.

I am dead serious when I say I can handle promotions, marketing and stadium related affairs and operations better than the entire team of malakes at PAE Panathinaikos......

also after Karagkounis scored they played "thats the way i like it" (idiotic song) instead of what we always play - THE ANTHEm........

100 years PAO ??????? We need new management that respects Panathinaikos for what it is, and then will spend more than a hundred euros investing in finding ways to market that and make it profitabel..........

Archived