Phantis Forums

pao123

we should have sold mantzios and got a european class tall forward!

with a tall forward to win headers we will be invincible both in europe and greece!

but all in all we travel and win and gain points for us selfs and greece.

something the mighty champs of greece simply would only dream of.

next year they will be in the 5th pot when the drawing takes place for the cl ;)

ohh i forgot their isnt a 5th pot.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First, congrats to our team and to all Greek teams that won yesterday.

Second, I liked that PAO played well in this euro game, even if the opponent was a rather weak team. It doesn't matter. In the last couple of years, we could never do as well, especially being down 1-0 in second half.

We need Eki or someone to be able to cross the ball with accurancy.

Vyntra is absolutely a liability. This guy is not a true footballer. He can run, but the round object infront of him is something unfamiliar :LOL: to him. Wasn't the defender when Artmedia player scored? Look at him, he doesn't know what to do.... [should I jump, no, yes, maybe, what, where, ok, lift a leg, turn, no, yes, whaaaa?]

Dimoutsos, Ninis, etc, show that there are young Greek talents that DESERVE playing time and PAO should always be on the lookout for them. With all the money we've spent in the last 10 years buying expensive crap/hasbeens/tourists/etc from abroad, we should learn from this.

I like very much Matos and N'Doye. Enakarire isn't ready or isn't for us. Listen, we need a leader in the back, someone like Henricksen. I love our captain Goumas, but he's getting old. Although, I'm happy that he's been our most dependable defensman.

I just hope that Peseiro finds a way to make the team perform in the "grind" games where PAO must take the points from the lesser teams--something that OLY has found a way to do all these years. :box:

2-1,,,,,,Ndoye on the play and the header.....glad for the win but still want better... why exactly doesnt Ndoye start when hes easily our best player???

Ok the reasons why N'Doje isnt starting are following:

Due to his illnes he had some weeks ago and the problems with his muscles in his belly, he lost several training sessions.

Also i read he is Moslem and as such he is doing the Ramazan right now which means he cant be fit enouh to be a starter right now.

Finally an enjoyable game from Pao. Dominated the field and could had scored many more goals. Malartz had a pleasant afternoon doing almost nothing.

I liked our attitude and our ball control. Mattos and Tziolis suffocated the ball in midfield and distributed it well.

Nikos gave a good description of the Artmedia goal but I would like to add that Karagounis (not a great game yesterday - kudos to Peseiro for replacing him) was the one that found himself in the LB position after Nilsson and Goumas found themselves up the field during the Artmedia goal. He gave chase like he was wearing diapers, trailed far behind the play and kept gesturing to big joe to come out to help. Unwisely, he did, and the only person who was in CB position was Vintra who was at the right place, but was the wrong person. He panicked and we were one down by half time.

I was very impressed with Dimoutsos and Mattos. Dimoutsos pulled some really smart forward passes and won the penalty, on top of being all over the field. It was also the first time I saw Mattos pushing forward and playing really well outside the opponent's box. Up to now I had noticed that Tziolis had this role and Mattos stayed always back in support of the center backs. This time Mattos assumed the play-maker role and made a huge difference in our game.

Congratulations to our team for another good win away in Europe.

Much better performance of the boys, they kept the ball on thr ground and that makes us more effective. We lack that killer intinct up front,,,,ok pap tries his heart out alla nothing is working for him, whether this system we are playing den tou vgi nobody knows. Dimoutsos is a mixanaki he is very technical, and his movements on the pitch are sound,,,,with more game time this paidi will be valuable. The goal we copped was laughable,,,,karagouni tracking back our left side,,,,,,,where the hell was our leftr back and that mavro enkarire doing?????vyntra came in to trry to clear from rightback but was left gymnos by our 2 center backs. Anyways i like how we looked on the ball ,,,and once ivanshitz and ninis and eki(if he manages to get to 99% of his levels) we will have a very very different looking ball distributiion from the sentra to our forwards.

Ninis apparenlty is bunt out from the u21 euro cup and continual games so we cant kapsi them, In regards to endogie and enkarire there is an article talking about their ramadan( fasting during their religion this time oif yr) which has been affecting them eidika to ntogie,,,who coming from a semi pro team like academica probably has not had this professional preseason at pao,,,,and his got some injury probs due to this ,,,so i expect him to be getting full games just yet.

dont forget morris is also fasting(muslim holy thing)

that means we got 3 players who soon will play while they are hungry and tired?

damn i did not know about ndoye and enakarihe being muslims!

Enaka isnt muslem

Only N'dioje and morris.

And i read somewhere that N'Doje talked to some Imam and they found a solution to the problem. Seems if they offer money and food to the poor people they dont have to stop eating and drinking over the day.

Sorry i cant find right now the link where i read it.

Ninis apparenlty is bunt out from the u21 euro cup and continual games

what do you mean apperently is bunt out?? Was been going on with ninis i havnt herd or seen him in a while?? Has he played for Pao at all? I havnt been watching Pao at all so i dont no.

what do you mean apperently is bunt out?? Was been going on with ninis i havnt herd or seen him in a while?? Has he played for Pao at all? I havnt been watching Pao at all so i dont no.

I think he meant burnt out.

Ninis had to many games from last Januar when he started playin by PAO and afterwards some friendlys for charity and afterwards the nationalteam games. The kid is so exhausted from the continual games that he didnt manage to do any right preseason prep and still now he does special training to become fit and to be burnt.

The are very carefull with him so he doesnt become an injury issue.

Enaka isnt muslem

HE IS MUSLIM I WAS IN GREECE FOR 2 MONTHS,, AND PAPERS LIKE DERBY, ATLITIKI IXW,SPORTSDAY, GOALDAY MADE MENTIONED OF THIS WHEN I BOUGHT ALL MY PAPERS WHEN I WAS IN MYKONOS IN AUGUST ,,,,,he is muslim dude,,,dunno where u got ur facts man but theyre deff wrong ,,

Sotiris is 16 yrs old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,he was used last yr in 1st team football by munionz midseason,,trained like a professional player in 1st team football,,,and was basically burnt down to the ground from the day he was used on his debut ok,,,meaning he was starting pretty much all games!!!!!....he did not have an offseason!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whilst his teamates were holidaying in greece,,,,,,,,,k sotiris had u21 comiitments for the u21 euro championships in austria,.,,,,,,greece made it to the final whic hmeant he played all games was the star player of the tournament,,,and from mid august he went sraight to england to play panathinaikos preaseason game against that uk 1st division friendly,,,,,,,by the time pao had the leadup to the derby sotiris complained about shin splints and being exhausted,,,velic told him to have a rest for a few weeks and he hasnt played since,,,thats the go dude

Now if i can use dimitris papadopoulos as an example in 2004 after we won doulble dimitris went straight to the greece euro 2004 team in portugal,,,,training playing games which stretched rite tothe final,,,,once euro finished he went straight to preseason training and basically was flat. Well if a 25 yr cannot anteksi how do u exopect a 16 yr to handle this as well???????

We cannot strart comparing this to players liek gerrard rite cause we are not as professional as them,,,we are greeks and will never be as profesionally in phisycal condition as the more professional teams.

Give the kid a break. I'd rather see him healthy even if he doesn't play as much. Don't forget, his body is developing, he's not an adult yet. Hope they don't burn the kid. Overall he's contributed more than the Biscans, Flavios, etc.... and all for petty cash.

Ninis will play soon and will be a star of our team for many years to come.

Like it was pointed out, last year he came in mid-season and contributed as as starter without having the benefit of a full preseason where all the physical attributes are built. We are lucky he has a stong body and was not injured given the amount of professional play he saw last year.

The under 21 games prevented him from having a full preseason this summer. I think the team wisely protected him by letting him rest and hopefully putting him through a complete training program to ready him for the second part of the season.

We are also lucky that our team now does not have to rely on 16 year old kid to shine (like last year) and that we have a solid midfield featuring a couple of our accademy players (if I am not mistaken Karagounis is also a product of the youth system).

I just noticed that the second game at the Uefa website is for tuesday 10/2/07 while all other Uefa cup games are scheduled for thursday 10/4/07.Is that accurate about tuesday or is it just a typo?

I just noticed that the second game at the Uefa website is for tuesday 10/2/07 while all other Uefa cup games are scheduled for thursday 10/4/07.Is that accurate about tuesday or is it just a typo?

This is totaly correct since on the regular UEFA CUP gameday AEK playes aswell in Athens against Salzburg and there is a rule from UEFA that 2 games cant take place both in the same city in a lesser distance than 40 Km. thats why PAO playes today and not on Thursday

This is totaly correct since on the regular UEFA CUP gameday AEK playes aswell in Athens against Salzburg and there is a rule from UEFA that 2 games cant take place both in the same city in a lesser distance than 40 Km. thats why PAO playes today and not on Thursday

Thank u much for the info.

it is not aek that is playing(there are playing in austria)

it is panionios

Archived