Phantis Forums

Champions League Draw

NikosVazelas

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion, this group (Real, Bremen, Lazio) is easier than the group of last season (Valencia, Roma, Shakhtar). Olympiakos can defeat Lazio and Werder Bremen. Why not? Also, I have the feeling that Real will lose in Greece. We can't complain about this draw. It could have been worse!

File, Weder Bremen get goals for fun, especially at home!! We are going to get arse-raped there. Lazio away is a very difficult place to go, especially for a team that has never won a game away in the CL <_< We may have beaten them at home if we had a packed stadium, but it will be empty. As for beating Real, we haven't beaten any body with this new squad of ours, including Ionikos, how one earth are we going to beat a Real Madrid side that has added to the wealth of talent they have by buying players like Drenthe, Robben, Sneijder, and Heinze over the summer? Compare that to players like Antzas, Ledesma, and Nunez :LOL:

We can take Lazio, I think, home and away. Real, ok, they will have 6 points from us. Werder Bremen is who we have to try and steal that 2nd spot from, and they are better than us.

WOW guys!!!!Let's be realistic!! I am reading some of this posts and i can't believe that some of you think that Oly has a chance against Real, Werder or even Lazio. I can tell you right now the group will be Real,Werder,Lazio and Oly. I hate to say that because Oly is a Greek team and WE need the points but the reality is what i said! But Miracles do happen! ;)

Real Madrid CF are capable of doing "something great" in this season's UEFA Champions League according to sporting director Predrag Mijatović after his side were drawn with Werder Bremen, S.S. Lazio and Olympiacos CFP in Group C.

New challenges for Bremen

However, while group favourites Madrid may have got the better of Lazio when the sides met in 2000/01, the omens are not all bright: the Spanish side have never won in Greece, including three past visits to Olympiacos, and their 2006/07 campaign ended on German soil, where they will face Bremen. The Bundesliga club's coach, Thomas Schaaf, meanwhile was excited about facing Madrid - one of three new opponents for Bremen - yet he will be hoping for a change of luck against the Merengues given Spanish opponents ended their interest in both the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup last season.

Predrag Mijatović, Madrid sporting director

We're very enthusiastic about this edition of the Champions League. We have a young squad and we're eager to do something great this season after not going further than the Round of 16 in the last four years. I think Real Madrid are the favourites in the group but there are no easy opponents and there can always be surprises so we have a lot of respect for all the clubs.

Thomas Schaaf, Bremen coach

These are three clubs we have never played before. The matches against Madrid are, of course, the most interesting ones. There are a lot of interesting stories with German coach Bernd Schuster and fellow German Christoph Metzelder, but also players like [Ruud] Van Nistelrooy, Robinho, Raúl [González] and [Fabio] Cannavaro. We do not forget about the huge tradition of Lazio or Olympiacos, who once again won the Greek league. These are difficult teams to play against.

Claudio Lotito, Lazio president

It's impossible to be satisfied or unsatisfied after a draw as every group is difficult. All the teams in the UEFA Champions League are very strong so I was expecting nothing easier or nothing more difficult than this. Every match is different to each other and small details can make the difference at this level so it's impossible to make predictions now. I just would like to see my players show the same spirit they had in the third qualifying round.

Predrag Djordjević, Olympiacos captain

We have played against Real Madrid several times in Europe. Werder Bremen are a tough, attacking side. Lazio, like every Italian team, are strong and disciplined on the pitch. They play passionately. We have a relatively new side, with many newcomers, and we need time to blend and get to know each other better. I am optimistic about the future.

In my opinion, this group (Real, Bremen, Lazio) is easier than the group of last season (Valencia, Roma, Shakhtar). Olympiakos can defeat Lazio and Werder Bremen. Why not? Also, I have the feeling that Real will lose in Greece. We can't complain about this draw. It could have been worse!

ase mas re. last year you gavri were jumping for joy & look what happened with that draw...

So now you feel better cause you got Real, Bremen & Lazio??? :blink:

you're not as good as last year & these teams seem tougher than last years group

i know the ball is round, but its round for the other team too & its gonna be around your net often ;)

alot of luck needed here just to hope you see the uefa cup, or else you'll be watching on TV

Alright, the drawing in my opinion isn't as bad you guys think. But, every single year we keep saying that Olympiakos will have a "big year", then you know what happens. Lazio might be the "weakest" team in the group, we know Italian clubs are very good. Comparing to other Italian clubs out there, Lazio is a good choice. Werder Bremen is no doubt the toughest one, who knows how to play attacking football. Because Miroslav Klose left Bremen for Bayern does not mean Bremen is a weaker team. They have a great Brazilian player name Diego. Real Madrid are younger but they can be underachievers. Most of the players on Real Madrid left (Beckham, Raul Bravo, Cassano, etc.) for other clubs. We got ourselves an ex-Real player, he knows a thing or 2 about his former club. ;)

Let's hope for the best, Olympiakos are the underdogs, any points they accumilate will be extra special.

Brace yourself fellas the team NEEDS A REAL COACH this champions league will be a disaster....our defense is horrid and lemoni hasnt prepared this team!! you can tell by the friendlies the teams huge mistakes in defense against lowly teams and the confusing tactics he has enforced on the players....this team needs time to gel and a decent centerback and ofcourse a much more disciplined coach...I think this team has potential for great things but not with Lemoni this guy is a JOKE of coach he should be coaching Veria or some other small 2nd division greek team...he'll be gone after 4-5 champions league matches you'll see......another wasted year with a dud..... :nono: :angry:

Brace yourself fellas the team NEEDS A REAL COACH this champions league will be a disaster....our defense is horrid and lemoni hasnt prepared this team!! you can tell by the friendlies the teams huge mistakes in defense against lowly teams and the confusing tactics he has enforced on the players....this team needs time to gel and a decent centerback and ofcourse a much more disciplined coach...I think this team has potential for great things but not with Lemoni this guy is a JOKE of coach he should be coaching Veria or some other small 2nd division greek team...he'll be gone after 4-5 champions league matches you'll see......another wasted year with a dud..... :nono: :angry:

My man there was nothing wrong w/ Sollied... and the others that have come through (well maybe a couple)

But my point is we change more coaches than players... :tdown: :tdown:

And untill that changes we're NEVER going to change in Europe

Lemonis--If he is THE MAN according to Ivic, then all will be good.

If Ivic doesn't really think he is capable, then hell will break loose.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. In Greece, too many people look at the short term gain (small gain) and not at the long term gain (LARGE GAIN).

You need to develop your players. As youngsters, give them opportunities to learn. When they make mistakes, put them out there again. Then you will see greater gains.

In general, Greek teams in Europe play not to make mistakes. They need to be confident that they can beat anyone. Only then will they succeed.

I like the fact our group is tough. Maybe our team will wake up.

Guys lets be honest here.All of as make predictions and judgements on a team that has not played half an official game yet.65% of our players are new and has not become a TEAM yet and with a coach that builds his own OSFP team for the first time.(The previous time most of them were here because of Bajevic).Having said that i feel that we should not aim high this year.Not because i dont believe or pray for that matter but because previous history has proven that if u have crazy dreams and expectations you get nothing at the end.All i want to see is OSFP trying hard in all 6 games and whatever we can get out off it would be lovely for our team and country points in the Uefa competitions.It is also a plus that we have a Mega power in Real in our group,a tough german team in Werder and a really capable italian in Lazio.If we play well and smart we can suprise them all and maybe get some points.Otherwise i will be cursing and fighting with pittman and the rest of the group all winter long... :P

you havent seen nothing yet...

and in order to open the KGB files (after 2 years) the fights we had (and i appologise if went over the line) WAS BECAUSE..

U WERE NOT WATSIN THE GAMES and (as if something changed) HAD ALWAYS SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THE GAME etc...

together with MTL thrilos.... hope he can watch the games too... is he missing in action?... :LOL:

now i know u wats, u r a mod.... ok no problem....

u can see for yourself NOW...

as for the "others" of the "group"... i have faith in them...

they will eat you and your "team" alive... :P

but then again what is real without roberto carlos...

you havent seen nothing yet...

and in order to open the KGB files (after 2 years) the fights we had (and i appologise if went over the line) WAS BECAUSE..

U WERE NOT WATSIN THE GAMES and (as if something changed) HAD ALWAYS SOMETHING TO SAY ABOUT THE GAME etc...

together with MTL thrilos.... hope he can watch the games too... is he missing in action?... :LOL:

now i know u wats, u r a mod.... ok no problem....

u can see for yourself NOW...

as for the "others" of the "group"... i have faith in them...

they will eat you and your "team" alive... :P

but then again what is real without roberto carlos...

Pittman i used to see things red,you used to see things green,if we agree to see now everything purple or gray i will be cool.For what u accuse me off take a look in the mirror and think.You guys were doing the same thing like we did that is why this year i hope we can all keep a level of conversation.Mods or not have nothing to do with this.I will argue if i see something that makes sence and i expect u to do the same but not fight nobody.Not for sports my friend.We have to be greeks and havesome class before we become vazeloi,gavroi,xanoumia ktl.PEACE :gr: :gr:

PS.What is wrong with me today.My wife put something in my coffe,she must have. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :gr: :gr: :gr:

PS.KGB files?????Russian mou kataskope esu.Pou to pas pou to ferneis sto kokkino gurnas re atimouli..... :D

File, Weder Bremen get goals for fun, especially at home!! We are going to get arse-raped there. Lazio away is a very difficult place to go, especially for a team that has never won a game away in the CL <_<

real has a history of underperforming. but still i dont see a realistic chance for olympiakos as you said!

werder bremen did get goal for fun as you say. but this season they are somewhat weaker (bayern trashed them 4:0 in bremen although it should be enough to beat olympiakos in bremen and perhaps get a result in greece even. remember malesanis pao managed to beat a better bremen sid in athens...

the man to watch is definitely diego. frings is injured and they lost klose. with the time i predict werder to get stronger though. so maybe getting a result in greece against olympiakos in the last game shouldn t be that hard.

lazio doesnt impress me as much though. olympiakos may actually be able to grab some points from the two games there.

still, at best i see uefa cup qualification.

the best thing i can see happining is for oly to get 4 points agasnt lazio...win at home and tie on road..

i no its wishfull thinking..but thats our only way to uefa cup... cause theres no way oly or lazio are gonna take any poinrs away from werder or real... maybe lazio can get a draw with either werder or real at home

OLYMPIAKOS=4 Points

LAZIO = 2 points

but like i said wishfully/hopefull thinking and i doubt its gonna happen... i dont think oly has a roster that can scare anyone in europe

Olympiakos seems ready to play in the cl this year. every year we humiliate ourselves and we have reached group 4 in the qualifying pot. I think this year the boys will play together and play very well. after 2-3 games in the greek superleague and supercup i think the team chemistry will get alot better. Thats just my opinion.

REAL

BREMEN

OLY

LAZIO

At the worst. Always be optimistic. If olympiakos F***s up this year i give up with hoping for an away win or and win in the CL.......

Archived