Phantis Forums

Champions League Draw

NikosVazelas

Since nobody started this topic i guess ill go right ahead and do so.

Tomorrow at 7pm greece time, the champions league draw will take place for the group stage.

Osfp is in pot 4 and will no matter what, face at least 2 very very tough teams in the cl this year.

pot 1= man u,chelsea,barcelona,liverpool,arsenal,real madrid,inter milan, ac milan.

pot 2=valencia,lyon,psv eindhoven,roma,porto,werder bremen,benfica.

pot 3=schalke,celtic,stuttgart,cska moscow,steaue bucaresti,marseille, lazio, sporting lisbon

pot 4= olympiakos.

in pot 2, i left out sevilla and/or aek because they will not be drawn against osfp.

i also left out the rest of pot 4, because this is a osfp page and we are here to discuss their potential opponents,

one team from each pot will be drawn along with osfp to be in a group for the cl.

note: no two teams from the same country can be in the same group.

hopefully for them, osfp can draw something like

Inter, Porto and (Marseille or Lazio)

or

Arsenal,Werder, (Marseille or Lazio)

i fear groups like

MAN U

VALENCIA

STUTTGART

OR

BARCELONA

LYON

CSKA MOSCOW

Also, it would be nice if osfp can play their first home match against a team from pot 1 or 2, thus giving them a chance to beat the team from pot 3 at home because as u may or may not know, osfp will play their first game at Karaiskaki with no fans.

if they draw say, Lazio from the third group, and that is their first home game, they will play with no fans, makin it harder. But Lazio in front of 33k crazy osfp fans will surely be easier to beat.

although it would be sad if they draw Barcelona and that is the first game, with no fans, and we miss the chance to see players liek Henry,Ronaldhino,Messi, etc. That woul;d be horrible.

hmm Catch 22

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well dark, as for your best possible draw.

Inter i agree with. i think they would be oly's first pick from the first pot.

but as for psv and celtic.

Psv have been the dutch champions for the last 3 or 4 years and always go deep into the cl.

and celtic has never lost a home game in the champions league. that doesnt sound hopefull for oly who has never won an away game in the cl.

as for your worst, Barcelona and valencia cant be drawn in the same group, only one team per country per group. And MARSEILLE?

Are you serious? Marseille lost their 2 best players in the transfer period and today lost 0-2 at home to Nice. they are a struggling team and would be a dream team for oly to draw.

the chelsea lyon stuttgart would def be a monster battle with prob 2 or 3 points TOPS going to oly.

every year at the end of the group stage i always get depressed cause i always thought, THIS was the year...this year im gonna try to lower my expectations... id be happy if oly made it to uefa cup which they should..

Guys, considering the strengths and weaknesses of Greek clubs, the worst possible draw would be:

Man Utd (in fact any of the English teams would rape us!)

Valencia

Schalke

And a DREAM draw would be:

Inter

PSV

Steaua Bucharest

Having said all this, with this Oly team we could draw 4 teams from pot 4 and still not qualify!!

@ Olympiakara2005, you're right about the 2005 group being relatively easy, but last years was even easier! Of the strong sides, Valencia was a mddle-team, Roma were the worst pot 2 team I remember us drawing (ever!) and Shakhter were there for the taking in both legs, and we still screwed it all up! PLUS, last years team was stronger than this year's Oly team. AND, we have a one match fan ban. I'm fearful that this will be our most embarassing season yet!

does it really matter who they draw???

the results will be the same :blink:

just the scores will change

As if your team Panakolofardiakos has set the world on fire in the last 3-4 years :LOL: :LOL:
They have short memory sundrome as always,maybe next year they can actually be a part of CL again,who knows. :LOL:

On a serious note i prefer to see:

Real Madrit

Porto

Marseille

The worst senario would be:

Barcelona

Lyon

Stuttgart

People, how can you say PSV is a strong team? Have you looked at how many players left the Dutch club? Mika Vayranen (big mistake from Koeman to loan him), Alex (not to be mistaken from Fenerbahce), DeMarcus Beasily, Park, and I can go on and on. So what if PSV won 3 out of 4 Dutch titles, I judge them based on missing big players from the club.

On to Celtic, yes it's true there strong at home, but this Celtic side does not look to be as dangerous as they we're last year. Celtic can have 1 bad game in the Champions League, there an enigma. I would feel it's a safe bet for Olympiakos to pair up with them. And think about this, red vs. green. LOL

sigura tora????? OK CHECK... oi foties svisane?

kali fassi

goustaro

pame ia doubl digit golakia pali... gavro DEN XANO STIN EVROPI ta teleftea 2 xronia... mou ftiaxni ta kefia... pos to lene re pedi muuuu?

FANATIKA LIVERPOOLARA

the only original and only legend...

thrile ton gipedoooooooon... off topic

I don't see us getting out of this group... But you know what... We're the underdogs and we really don't have much to worry about. Any points are really bonuses.

One thing is for sure

BYE BYE LEMONIS

Apart from a draw at home to Lazio (if we have fans) I don't see us getting any points here.

We could not have a better draw,all the teams were really strong if you look at the rest of the groups.I am happy because there is not going to be an easy game for OSFP.We are the weakest link of the group and that is a plus.All the other teams will play hard between them for first-second spot and will consider the games against us an easy matchday.It is up to our team and coach to prove them wrong.No matter what the results will be nobody will have the excuse of we did not know the team or it was supposed to be an easy.OSFP has got to play 6 Final games and get points.Either make or break.......... :box:

In my opinion, this group (Real, Bremen, Lazio) is easier than the group of last season (Valencia, Roma, Shakhtar). Olympiakos can defeat Lazio and Werder Bremen. Why not? Also, I have the feeling that Real will lose in Greece. We can't complain about this draw. It could have been worse!

Olympiakos can defeat Lazio and Werder Bremen. Why not? Also, I have the feeling that Real will lose in Greece.

all i know is that panatha eat 5 from verder..

as for real WE had a draw in athens (no fear)... and 5 in spain..

lets see now what will happen..

Archived