Phantis Forums

Three more teams Home matches on ANT1 Satellite an

Panionos, OFI & Iraklis

Hraklis-Ergotelis Live

OFI-Kalamaria SDD (right after the other match)

Both on Sunday

That makes 5 teams on Ant1 and 5 more on ERT with TV coverage in N America & Australia.

So up to the moment only 6 teams home matches will have no coverage in these areas.

Well,

It looks like subscription numbers at ANT1 must be down, they are bringing in the calvary to help get more subscribers it seems. This channel sucks so they are adding more soccer to get people to subscribe, smooth. B)

Or maybe they are doing this to prevent more people from jumping ship to DirecTV? I wonder how many are interested in the Greek channels only for soccer, I am not. Of course my boys (PAO) are on ERT so I could care less about ANT1 :D

:gr:

I would say soccer is a huge reason for people subscribing to the Greek channels.

I'm not sure when ANT1 Satellite started broadcasting in North America, but I bet 1996 (When they got the whole protathlima) was when alot of Greeks started buying Dishnetwork. And I belive the only way we would see a mass exodus of Greeks from Dish Ntwork would be If a DirectTV Greek channel got exclusivity for Soccer. Of course we are in a sports forum, so most people in here will name soccer as the number one reason for subscriptions.

I think they are running Athlitiki Kyriakh before and after the derby. Sort of like a long pre and post game version.

I believe during the pregame they will be cutting into the Asteras Tripoli match.

Archived