Crazy

What is going to be the result?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. What is going to be the result?

• Panathinaikos win
    • Olympiakos win
    • Draw

OSFP starting eleven:

------------------------------------Nikopolidis-----------------------------------------------

-----Patsatzoglou---------Antzas-------------Zevlakov----------------------Domi--------

-------------Torosidis--------------Ledesma--------------------Stoltidis-------------------

----------Galletti---------------------------------------------------------Lua-Lua-----------

-------------------------------------Kovasevic----------------------------------------------

Pao starting eleven:

----------------------------------------Malarz------------------------------------------------

------Leontiou----------Goumas---------------Enakarire-----------Nilson----------------

----Karagounis---------Tziolis-----------------Matos------------------Dimoutsos---------

------------------Mantzios----------------------Papadopoulos------------------------------

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was a poor game!! I'm hoping it's because they're a little rusty and not an indication of what's to come. PAO had the better possession and Oly the better chances. But they're weren't really any clear cut chances or penetrating play. It was just a very scrappy affair.

From Oly's perspective: Galletti was very good and the only player that showed any real quality from the team. You can also tell that Lua Lua would have been great if the service was any good because he always had 3 players on him and he still found a solution. I cannot understand why Kovacevic was picked ahead of Konstantinou, "Lemoni is a m#$%!" is the only decent explanation. Also, what exactly does Ledesma do? He hasn't impressed me at all since he's signed. Nikopolidi pulled off a great save from the Mattos free-kick but wasn't really tested other than that.

Oly played a mediocre team with numerous injuries today and never looked like breaking them down. Just not good enough!

We missed many opportunities to score and win but overall we played a good game. Lua Lua, Ledesma, and Galletti all played great games. Zewlakow was decent on defense and Antzas was also good. Kovacevic is slow as hell and showed his age. What was the point of starting him? LuaLua is super-fast and Kovacevic super-slow. Bad combination. Also, Ne impressed in short time. Nunez was put in when it didn't matter. He should've entered earlier.

We missed many opportunities to score and win but overall we played a good game. Lua Lua, Ledesma, and Galletti all played great games. Zewlakow was decent on defense and Antzas was also good. Kovacevic is slow as hell and showed his age. What was the point of starting him? LuaLua is super-fast and Kovacevic super-slow. Bad combination. Also, Ne impressed in short time. Nunez was put in when it didn't matter. He should've entered earlier.

How can you say we played a good game??? We were terrible!! This is the worst Oly side I've ever seen!

boring game overall. both teams were rusty.

i believe that with all the players, both for osfp and especially pao it would of been different.

i think oly with djordjevic and bravo might have been different.

i know for a fact that with ivan,salpi,eki,morris and ndoye ( from the beginning) pao would of been really dangerous.

what i DID like is the fact that pao's defence looked really good against a player liek lua lua who is fast and technical.

Also i really think Malartz is the real deal. liek i said before. he just seems very good.

What i DIDNT like is what prob is the number one reason why the greek league is so poor.

After the game, Coach Lemon, told ERT, LIVE TO THE WORLD, that he thinks Oly DOMINATED the game and that if they continue to play this way they will advance far in both domestic and european games.

WHAT?

OLY played pao, who was without 7 MAJOR players. MAJOR PLAYERS. not bench players. MAJOR players. starting players. they managed to do what. Get a 2 scoring chances?

what else did they do. PAO had ball control and this with half our starting team on the bench or the infirmery. I am not saying pao played great.

which is why he shouldnt lie to his players and fans and say that they were all over the field.

On that note, i think peseiro played a smart game in a situation where he had alot of his players on the bench and whatnot. i am not HAPPY. dont get me wrong. i thought we played ok at times and bad at times.

NOT AWFUL and not GREAT.

time will tell.

Are you kidding me? That is an insane comment. We weren't terrible. Yes, we should've beaten the weaker team but this is also the FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON.

File if you think that was a good performance then I think you need to watch more foreign football because the quality on display tonight was atrocious! Apart from the post, tell me one clear cut chance Oly had? I don't mean a header from a set piece or Torosidis' 2 yard miss after a cross evaded everyone. I mean actual good football that led to a chance? The was no imagination, no penetration and the passing was poor. With the exception of Galletti, there were no positives!! Lua Lua was good too considering he had 3 players on him every time, but if 3 follow him he should have the option to play it into someone open, that simply didn't happen. The offensive movement was terrible. If that was a game against any decent European team we would have copped 5! Without Rivaldo, Castillo & Okkas this team has no imagination, and without Konstantinou there was no goal threat whatsoever!

Re, I'm not saying we're good for Europe. I was just impressed with a few players on the pitch, not everyone. Castillo was never properly replaced but stop kidding yourself with Ribo. The guy is 35 and could barely last 45 minutes on the field anymore. If you thought Kovacevic was slow, look at Rivaldo now. And Okkas? LOL. You have to be joking, right? Nobody will miss Okkas and his goal-missing shots. There is a reason why Okkas is in 2nd division Spain. He isn't that good.

The only guy we truly miss is Castillo and that is a huge gap in our offense.

i agree with everythign u said in ur last comment dude except that i , personally, think that Konstantinou is either not as good as he used to be, which was never exceptional, or something is happening inside the locker room.

He was always a good player. He is the kind of player that can get a head on the ball.draw an extra defender. and this coming from a pao fan.

Up Until rivaldo was wearing red he was a god. now he leaves, and he is not good enough?

Rivaldo, honestly is not good enough for europe. but for greece? come on.

i know u are all wearing red glasses and have a hard time to see, but for greece, rivaldo is more then good.

Love makes u blind i guess

Up Until rivaldo was wearing red he was a god. now he leaves, and he is not good enough?

i know u are all wearing red glasses and have a hard time to see, but for greece, rivaldo is more then good.

What are you talking about tool? I am one of the guys that hates Lemonis and criticizes Kokkalis every chance I get. I am not a blind lvoer like you say. I was saying Rivaldo's age was showing from last year.

Exatly!! It makes me laugh to hear that all of a sudden Ribo isn't good enough for Oly. :LOL: Who would keep him out the team? Ledesma or Kovacevic?? The only thing I have to disagree with you about is Konstantinou, I still think he's a handful and had his best season last year for a long time. If he can stay fit he is dangerous.

@ Olympiakara2005: Okkas was never a goalscorer, that wasn't part of his game. He ended up at Celta Vigo by choice. In an interview he made it quite clear he had offers from Red Bull Salzburg, OFI, Larisa, APOEL, Omonia, Anderlecht, and 2 Bundesliga sides. Celta Vigo are favourites to come straight back up and when they do he'll be in the Primera Liga. Does that mean he isn't a good player? Kovacevic came from Sociedad who just about survived last year and one of the so called "BAMS" was Celta's Nene <_< Do you think Nunez is better than Okkas? If so, on what evidence?? Okkas might not be a big goal scorer but he's a big game player. For Cyprus, where he's used correctly, he was man of the match against Germany and France. He had a fantastic 2nd half against the Czechs. For Olympiakos, remember how good he was against AEK? How about against Liverpool at home and Monaco away in the one good season we had in the CL recently. Or against Sochaux in the UEFA Cup? Okkas offered alot to Oly and was never appreciated. He played with passion and was creative and always played well when he was REALLY needed, but most Oly fans prefer to concentrate on his goal tally instead. Ok, fine, we'll see how well this omadara does now. If Ribo isn't good enough and neither is Okkas, and every one else that left has been replaced with better players like you guys say then we should be better than last year... we'll see and talk again soon.

Exatly!! It makes me laugh to hear that all of a sudden Ribo isn't good enough for Oly. :LOL: Who would keep him out the team? Ledesma or Kovacevic?? The only thing I have to disagree with you about is Konstantinou, I still think he's a handful and had his best season last year for a long time. If he can stay fit he is dangerous.

@ Olympiakara2005: Okkas was never a goalscorer, that wasn't part of his game. He ended up at Celta Vigo by choice. In an interview he made it quite clear he had offers from Red Bull Salzburg, OFI, Larisa, APOEL, Omonia, Anderlecht, and 2 Bundesliga sides. Celta Vigo are favourites to come straight back up and when they do he'll be in the Primera Liga. Does that mean he isn't a good player? Kovacevic came from Sociedad who just about survived last year and one of the so called "BAMS" was Celta's Nene <_< Do you think Nunez is better than Okkas? If so, on what evidence?? Okkas might not be a big goal scorer but he's a big game player. For Cyprus, where he's used correctly, he was man of the match against Germany and France. He had a fantastic 2nd half against the Czechs. For Olympiakos, remember how good he was against AEK? How about against Liverpool at home and Monaco away in the one good season we had in the CL recently. Or against Sochaux in the UEFA Cup? Okkas offered alot to Oly and was never appreciated. He played with passion and was creative and always played well when he was REALLY needed, but most Oly fans prefer to concentrate on his goal tally instead. Ok, fine, we'll see how well this omadara does now. If Ribo isn't good enough and neither is Okkas, and every one else that left has been replaced with better players like you guys say then we should be better than last year... we'll see and talk again soon.

My friend, you are severely overrating Okkas. I really can't explain more. do I think Nunez is better? Yes, but that doesn't mean he will be. He's younger and obviously inexperienced. We'll see.

As for Rivaldo, he was a good player for us and I'm not saying he wasn't. In the Greek league, he can still kick ass but in Europe he is simply outclassed by everyone. This just happens with age, it's not his fault or anything. You speak of Rivaldo like when he was here we did anything in Europe. Like it or not, besides the first year when we were "close", the last 2 years have been pathetic Champions League runs. It's not like Rivaldo helped us much. Yes, it was mainly defensive efforts that got us in those predicaments but still.

Pou einai o RIVALDO EEOE POU EINAI O RIVALDO EEOE!!!!!!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Just pushing your guys button. A verry expected result for been the 1st game of the season. Maybe a diffrent result if it was later in the season. Both teams looked ok.

did anyone catch the part where anzas flicked off the pao fans when he was coming off the field? hahahaha he acted like he was scratching his head but it was with is middle finger.....it was pretty obvious

i thought i saw that too

facking guy is rough - this team is much grittier than others that I've seen - I have to say that I was impressed by that part of their game and think that can help them tough-out sojme points in Europe - we all know the old way didn't work

I am actually happy from our performance.I know many people will jump me but considering that we have a NEW team with many new faces and with not many games between them i am pleased.Pao was missing many players granted but OSFP was missing many key players from all this years plus our captain Djole.I was really impressed with Galletti that he can be a major threat for any defence and with him at one side and Djole on the other we can actually go to our classic attacking way from the sides.Also Lua-Lua and Kovasevic were really good with the first one running and creating dangers plus an almost goal,damn goalpost and with kovasevic winning almost every ball in the air or ground after corner kicks or foul kicks plus playing the ball with one touch,really important.Ledasma was good and he looks that he can help Stoltidi a lot in miles and getting the ball from the opposition.My MVP tho was Antzas,i know it was only one game but i witnessed one of the best jobs of CB for our team in the last 4-5 years.Not stupid mistakes,foul when you have and always going strong for the ball.The previous talk about Rivaldo and castillo is pointless since they are no longer with us and yes they are both paixtarades but last year in the same game with the same oponent OSFP had lost 1-0 and have played really poorly while this year at the begging of the season we got a point and we are the ones losing 2 great opportunities to win the game.It was not a great game but i have seen a lot worse.the only 2 things that i did not like was Ndoye-Antzas fight at the end plus Kovasevic acting up on his substitution.Other than that congrats on both teams for a clean and strong game.

PS.The 9 people who said the game will finish in a draw,(the 10 is me)you have bragging rights for the next of the week. :D

i thought i saw that too

facking guy is rough - this team is much grittier than others that I've seen - I have to say that I was impressed by that part of their game and think that can help them tough-out sojme points in Europe - we all know the old way didn't work

o for sure... before today i couldnt stand antzas but he played really good... i didnt mind that scrap at the end..i hope that means that we do have a pretty gritty team... id LOVE if we have a gritty team that plays as one amd also kinda defencivly....I dont no how gritty we are or anything yet i just hope we can bond that way

it reminds me of our euro team. i dont care if its boaring but tahts wat we need to do to sucssed at a high europeen level

The match was intresting and both sides played well, Lua Lua was very unlucky to miss that open goal, Malarz was a brilliant goalkeeper for Pao and done a good job keeping a clean sheet, i think Antzaz was a very solid defender for Olympiakos and had a brilliant game until he got sent off.

Here's some pics from the match.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived