Phantis Forums

Cluj - Anorthosis

Irlandos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow is the draw. Personally, I hope we don't get an inter-Greek battle!

Is that so we can be guaranteed a Greek side in the groups? Apart from Aris (who would be slight favourites) and obviously PAO. I think Anorthosi would beat any of the Greek sides in UEFA Cup this year.

• 8 months later...

Cluj have spent big this summer and are expected to make an impact in the Romanian league, they also wanted a run in Europe... has it worked? F*** NO!!

Cluj 1 - 3 Anorthosi,

and still playing!

ANO! ANO! ANO! :gr:

well I guess you just werent patient :P

today, CFR Cluj were crowned Romanian Champions! :o

And that means as of today they have clinched a spot in next years UEFA Champions League GROUP STAGE..... :o :o :o

Big Congrats to them, its pretty amazing IMO, 17 years since a non Bucarest club won the title..and going straight to the Champions League is pretty big...Even if they dont do well, to be there is just huge, and Im sure whoever invested in that club is having quite a party tonight!

Its pretty crazy.....the begining of the season these guys are basically minnows... now they are going to be in the CL - and not not the qualifying rounds, but the real thing !!!

Cluj have spent big this summer and are expected to make an impact in the Romanian league, they also wanted a run in Europe... has it worked? F*** NO!!

Cluj 1 - 3 Anorthosi,

and still playing!

ANO! ANO! ANO! :gr:

well I guess you just werent patient :P

today, CFR Cluj were crowned Romanian Champions! :o

And that means as of today they have clinched a spot in next years UEFA Champions League GROUP STAGE..... :o :o :o

Big Congrats to them, its pretty amazing IMO, 17 years since a non Bucarest club won the title..and going straight to the Champions League is pretty big...Even if they dont do well, to be there is just huge, and Im sure whoever invested in that club is having quite a party tonight!

Its pretty crazy.....the begining of the season these guys are basically minnows... now they are going to be in the CL - and not not the qualifying rounds, but the real thing !!!

Yes and that shows how bright Ano's future can be! I really think, if the draw is favourable, this is the best chance we have of having a Cypriot team in the CL. I mean could you imagine a CL group of:

Ano

PAO

Galatasary

Man Utd

:whistle:

lol wouldnt count that, new teams early season are different...that game was in August last year... I think Romanian champions in this form wont be too bothered with Anorthosis anymore. I just thought it was suprising, this team ended up being very good this year, and theyre getting a reward most smaller clubs like that only dream of, from going to competing to clubs like Anorthosis, to clinching a group stage spot in the CL, its a bit of hope for smaller football clubs in europe I feel. Granted I doubt wed see Cluj if it werent for Rapid and Steaua's efforts in europe that raised romania's coefficient...

Also Anorthosis still gotta qualify for CL 3 rounds, they and APOEL are the only teams I like in Cyprus, so I hope they go through....

Ano's best chance was with Rangers, and Rangers are dirty cheats, UEFA owes Anorthosis an apology for that match, and Rangers should never be allowed to play like they do, theyre horrible, they are all filthy players and cheaters, even this year. I cant stand to remember that game, a peice of football and fair play died that day, and a larger peice died when they actually got to an UEFA final.......I hope Zenit humiliate them! Zenit should not have to play for the Cup, Rangers dont deserve to be there, and deserve no opportunity to call themselves champions of anything except foul play ! :angry:

Id prefer if PAO and Anorthosis werent in the same group, as Id like to see all teams progress. Even if OSFP makes it to the Group Stage, I hope they get some points, I want Greece to get its automatic spots back . But dont get me wrong, after the group stage I hope OSFP loses big (unless theyre playing Rangers, if Rangers qualify)

lol wouldnt count that, new teams early season are different...that game was in August last year... I think Romanian champions in this form wont be too bothered with Anorthosis anymore. I just thought it was suprising, this team ended up being very good this year, and theyre getting a reward most smaller clubs like that only dream of, from going to competing to clubs like Anorthosis, to clinching a group stage spot in the CL, its a bit of hope for smaller football clubs in europe I feel.  Granted I doubt wed see Cluj if it werent for Rapid and Steaua's efforts in europe that raised romania's coefficient...

Hey don't take away from Ano's glory! We're world beaters!!! Beating a CL team 1-3 away... I wonder where the next big victim will be based? Munich? Milan? Manchester?... PIREAUS?? :P You'd love that last one wouldn't you? :D

Also Anorthosis still gotta qualify for CL 3 rounds, they and APOEL are the only teams I like in Cyprus, so I hope they go through....

Don't hate on the other Cypriot teams just because of Omonia re trelle.

Ano's best chance was with Rangers, and Rangers are dirty cheats, UEFA owes Anorthosis an apology for that match, and Rangers should never be allowed to play like they do, theyre horrible, they are all filthy players and cheaters, even this year. I cant stand to remember that game, a peice of football and fair play died that day, and a larger peice died when they actually got to an UEFA final.......I hope Zenit humiliate them! Zenit should not have to play for the Cup, Rangers dont deserve to be there, and deserve no opportunity to call themselves champions of anything except foul play ! :angry:

I'm not one of those fans that hate teams that beat Greek teams. After all I want Chelsea to win the CL, I wanted Barca to win the year they beat PAO so heavily, etc. One team has to lose, that's how football is. The point I'm making is that I'm not saying I hate Rangers because they beat Ano, I'm not even saying I hate them because of the way they beat Ano. But they are a dirty team. Their fans are hooligans, and I don't mean the ultra-type hooligans that fight other ultras, these bastards go abroad, get drunk and attack fathers that are walking their children to the match. They're racist, they heavy-drug users, etc. Of course this is a generalisation, but I'm talking about their hard-core fans. And what's worse is that they only start s%$#! against clubs that don't have that sort of ambience, which is why when they go to Athens to play PAO they sit like lambs and keep their mouths shut. Typical cowardly bullies. I really can't stand the F***ers!

Id prefer if PAO and Anorthosis werent in the same group, as Id like to see all teams progress. Even if OSFP makes it to the Group Stage, I hope they get some points, I want Greece to get its automatic spots back . But dont get me wrong, after the group stage I hope OSFP loses big (unless theyre playing Rangers, if Rangers qualify)

I was kidding of course, I would want Ano to avoid the Greek teams, but what a proud feeling it would be to have a Cypriot team in. We always discuss the Greek teams' games on this forum, could you imagine how great it would be to just to discuss Ano's chances at home to Bayern, or Milan, or Chelsea? Amazing. Of course this is a difficult task as imo Ano are roughly the same level as a team like Larisa or Panionios, and they would REALLY struggle to make the CL group stages. But Cypriot teams have come close 3 times (Ano twice, APOEL once), maybe it will be 3rd time lucky for Ano. You never know, stranger things have happened.

As for Cluj, that's why I love football. The romantic nature of it. Usually it's money that dominates, but every now and again we see beautiful football sagas... Greece's Euro 2004 victory, Porto's CL victory, Barnsley beating both Liverpool and Chelsea in this years FA Cup, Sivaspor coming so close (although in the end way too far away) from causing a huge shock in the Turkish league, Cyprus beating Spain 3-2, Zenit destroying both Leverkusen & Bayern, etc... it really is the beautiful game.

lol wouldnt count that, new teams early season are different...that game was in August last year... I think Romanian champions in this form wont be too bothered with Anorthosis anymore. I just thought it was suprising, this team ended up being very good this year, and theyre getting a reward most smaller clubs like that only dream of, from going to competing to clubs like Anorthosis, to clinching a group stage spot in the CL, its a bit of hope for smaller football clubs in europe I feel.  Granted I doubt wed see Cluj if it werent for Rapid and Steaua's efforts in europe that raised romania's coefficient...

Hey don't take away from Ano's glory! We're world beaters!!! Beating a CL team 1-3 away... I wonder where the next big victim will be based? Munich? Milan? Manchester?... PIREAUS?? :P You'd love that last one wouldn't you? :D

Don't hate on the other Cypriot teams just because of Omonia re trelle.

I'm not one of those fans that hate teams that beat Greek teams. After all I want Chelsea to win the CL, I wanted Barca to win the year they beat PAO so heavily, etc. One team has to lose, that's how football is. The point I'm making is that I'm not saying I hate Rangers because they beat Ano, I'm not even saying I hate them because of the way they beat Ano. But they are a dirty team. Their fans are hooligans, and I don't mean the ultra-type hooligans that fight other ultras, these bastards go abroad, get drunk and attack fathers that are walking their children to the match. They're racist, they heavy-drug users, etc. Of course this is a generalisation, but I'm talking about their hard-core fans. And what's worse is that they only start s%$#! against clubs that don't have that sort of ambience, which is why when they go to Athens to play PAO they sit like lambs and keep their mouths shut. Typical cowardly bullies. I really can't stand the F***ers!

I was kidding of course, I would want Ano to avoid the Greek teams, but what a proud feeling it would be to have a Cypriot team in. We always discuss the Greek teams' games on this forum, could you imagine how great it would be to just to discuss Ano's chances at home to Bayern, or Milan, or Chelsea? Amazing. Of course this is a difficult task as imo Ano are roughly the same level as a team like Larisa or Panionios, and they would REALLY struggle to make the CL group stages. But Cypriot teams have come close 3 times (Ano twice, APOEL once), maybe it will be 3rd time lucky for Ano. You never know, stranger things have happened.

As for Cluj, that's why I love football. The romantic nature of it. Usually it's money that dominates, but every now and again we see beautiful football sagas... Greece's Euro 2004 victory, Porto's CL victory, Barnsley beating both Liverpool and Chelsea in this years FA Cup, Sivaspor coming so close (although in the end way too far away) from causing a huge shock in the Turkish league, Cyprus beating Spain 3-2, Zenit destroying both Leverkusen & Bayern, etc... it really is the beautiful game.

Id love nothing more for Anorthosis to beat Olympiakos, and then 3 hours after the terrible home 4-1 loss at Karaiskaki, a horrible storm comes through, and washes away Karaiskaki stadium and all the Olympiakos fans to sea forever. :)

I hate Omonoia man, I always will. Cypriot clubs outside Ano and APOEL tend not to go anywhere so I really dont have any opinion of them.

And I too, dont hate Rangers for beating Ano, I hate the disgusting attitude, display, cheating and manipulation in addition to not even being that good, vs PAO and vs Ano, is what caused me to not like them. I hadnt been crazy about them to begin with, and this goes back to when they came to Athens for the CL as well. I dont hate them for winning, I hate them for many other reasons.

And dont forget Asteras beating PAO, OSFP and AEK this year was quite special...

Archived