Phantis Forums

Any New Channels?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The following TV and Radio stations are owned by Mr Bardinogianny.

MEGA TV , STAR TV ,

Bardinogiannis owns a part of MEGA, a share that fluctuates from 20% to 25% based on their internal deals. Bobolas, Lamprakis, and Tegopoulos have equal shares. In fact, in the last two years Bobolas has been quite active in interfering in the station's news broadcasts as reported in a variety of media outlets (like Pontiki, medianews.gr etc).

MAD Video Music Awards on ALPHA SAT

30/06/07

9PM Australian Time ( Tape Delay )

Not sure when its on in the US check the Alpha Sat guide for precise times :)

I was checking for that EXACT thing last night on the guide. But couldnt find it even on Greek Alpha. I know its tonight, but when does Alpha in Greece show it? If its the 30th in Australia, it should be the same here. Thanks for the info though. :D

EDIT:

It plays on Alpha in Greece on Thursday June 28. Dont see it on the US schedule though...

Globestar is going to announce Alter's move to Directv sometime after mid-August, with the channel switching toward the end of the summer/August.

Dishnetwork is planning to add "one more greek channel" to their lineup soon, though this being Dish, it might easily be another ANT1 clone, or something similar.

Globestar is going to announce Alter's move to Directv sometime after mid-August, with the channel switching toward the end of the summer/August.

Dishnetwork is planning to add "one more greek channel" to their lineup soon, though this being Dish, it might easily be another ANT1 clone, or something similar.

Hmm...Interesting. I dont know of another Ant1 clone....so could this be possibly Star? Or even a Cypriot channel?

Maybe DKSat knows? :D :whistle:

Alter will be moving to Directv in September

There is going to be a Video Music channel and 2 Radio station going on Directv.

There is rumors that ERT will be going FTA on KU Satellite, and be on Dish Network at the same time.

DKSat

There is rumors that ERT will be going FTA on KU Satellite, and be on Dish Network at the same time.

DKSat

Thanks for the news. At this point I almost wish ERT would also move to Directv, although their 36" dish looks gigantic. Having ERT and ANT1 on Dish and MEGA/ALTER/ALPHA on Directv is a horrible scenario.

There is going to be a Video Music channel and 2 Radio station going on Directv.

DKSat

Video channel. I wonder what that could be? :P :D (MAD WORLD) [YES!]. Radio stations? Im guessing SFERA is one of them.

I too wish that ERT would just switch over now.....

There is rumors that ERT will be going  FTA on KU Satellite, and be on Dish Network at the same time.

DKSat

Thanks for the news. At this point I almost wish ERT would also move to Directv, although their 36" dish looks gigantic. Having ERT and ANT1 on Dish and MEGA/ALTER/ALPHA on Directv is a horrible scenario.
Honestly I think that Dish Network may have shot themselves in the foot, by signing a 10 year exclusive with Ant1. They pushed the Ant1 Packages too hard, and now all the channels exept the Ant1 clones and ERT is on (or going to) Direct.

I think that ERT will be offered on both eventually, but what happens if ERT decides to go JUST with Direct? Then we will have Dish Network ONLY for Ant1 (and its clones). Sort of like it is in Australia. :(

Antenna is still number one in subscriber base and viewing in North America.

How many Phantis members made the switch from Dish Network to Directv for the Greek Channels?

DKSat

Yes but if the senario described goes like that, how will this affect the numbers? I dont know alot of people that have ONLY Ant1.

There is rumors that ERT will be going  FTA on KU Satellite, and be on Dish Network at the same time.

DKSat

I thought Alter was moving in August, I guess things have been pushed back or maybe in Greek time September is actually August?! :LOL:

I think MAD World is the channel coming to DirecTV and as for the radio stations I would like the following to be added- MAD Radio and Alpha Radio

As for ERT World, Un-freakin-believable!!! I have been hoping for this to happen for a very long time. Why do Australians get it Ku FTA and we are stuck with C-Band and a stupid 9' dish?! COME ON ALREADY RE ERT, VALTE BROS KAI KANETE KAI KATI GIA TOUS OMOGENIES KAMIA FORA- p*****THES :tdown:

I am still waiting for the damn localized schedule, I guess that should come along before the next decade roles around. :rolleyes:

That just goes to show that people love watching crap, look at all the reality junk on TV nowdays, find me something of quality to watch, not much out there anymore. It looks like its a global phenomenon.

:gr:

DKSat

I thought Alter was moving in August, I guess things have been pushed back or maybe in Greek time September is actually August?! :LOL:

I think MAD World is the channel coming to DirecTV and as for the radio stations I would like the following to be added- MAD Radio and Alpha Radio

As for ERT World, Un-freakin-believable!!! I have been hoping for this to happen for a very long time. Why do Australians get it Ku FTA and we are stuck with C-Band and a stupid 9' dish?! COME ON ALREADY RE ERT, VALTE BROS KAI KANETE KAI KATI GIA TOUS OMOGENIES KAMIA FORA- p*****THES :tdown:

I am still waiting for the damn localized schedule, I guess that should come along before the next decade roles around. :rolleyes:

That just goes to show that people love watching crap, look at all the reality junk on TV nowdays, find me something of quality to watch, not much out there anymore. It looks like its a global phenomenon.

:gr:

I think he means Sept. 1st. Prob. like Mega went on Dec. 1. And now that you say it, if Mad does come, then I think it will be Mad Radio and Alpha Radio too. Mad Radio I hear is good though.

My parents have DISH only for the greek progamming.They had the big package which had Mega Cosmos,ERT World,Alter and Antenna.They haven't switched to or added DIRECTV and have no intentions of switching or adding DIRECTV in the future.As long as Antenna and ERT World have soccer,there is no reason for DIRECTV.The news is the news.It's the same news on every channel.They discuss the same topics in the same formats.They can fight over Papakostandino and Pasok on all of the channels.The greek variety shows are all the same

From all of the greek people I know,one person has added DIRECTV for Mega.She is a huge of the Wedding Ring program

How many subscribers does DIRECTV have for their greek programming?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My parents have DISH only for the greek progamming.They had the big package which had Mega Cosmos,ERT World,Alter and Antenna.They haven't switched to or added DIRECTV and have no intentions of switching or adding DIRECTV in the future.As long as Antenna and ERT World have soccer,there is no reason for DIRECTV.The news is the news.It's the same news on every channel.They discuss the same topics in the same formats.They can fight over Papakostandino and Pasok on all of the channels.The greek variety shows are all the same

From all of the greek people I know,one person has added DIRECTV for Mega.She is a huge of the Wedding Ring program

What bugs me with all these channels, no matter the platform, is how they charge the same amount regardless. I mean, let's say we accept that ANT1 and MEGA and ERT are worth $14.95, each for different reasons. Is Alter worth the same? Alpha? Star? Since I read on satleo today that STAR will be coming to Directv by the end of 2007 (it was written from that Betoglou guy), I will be laughing my ass off if they, too, charge $14.95 for the 5 hours of original programming they will be showing in a loop all day long, especially since said "original programming" will be all talk and gossip.

Archived