Phantis Forums

UEFA punishes Greek NT

Ziaka

• 2 weeks later...

I can understand the surprise of our turkish friends here...but I think that UEFA recognised that themselves had made the mistake to assign a match beetween Greece and Turkey

on March 24,March 25 eve...

I dont know if in Turkey the people know the meaning of this date,but for us the Neo-Greeks is important.On March 25 1821 the Greeks of Peloponisos declared the revolution against the Turks..

Now even if the years have passed and noone gives a F***(excuse me for my language)

about Turkey and what happens there,you must admit that in this particular date even the most calm and indifferent Greek feels a deep hatred(hate?) against your nation.

If this game was assigned on July for example non of this ridiculus and uncivilized things would happen.It would be a game just like the other 2 years ago...

If you can remember in the past, for Greece and Turkey,the possibility to play against in a tournament or in playoff or playout was 1 in I dont know how millions...

The first step of our "civilized" countries was made first in Basketball and I beleive that the "others "of Europe saw that we were ready for the next step...Soccer.And things were going right,or not?

But we(Greeks and Turks) are not ready yet,to face each other in a game on a date like this,revolution s eve..Greeks and Turks are not ready to leave their  past behind...

Just like I said UEFA made a mistake and they realised it after..

this has nothing to do with the history of greece and turkey this does not concern me i am not political or religious, i was just a little dissapointed in gs and turkcell for implying that turkey would have been dealt with more severely, this is just not true as my previous post (turkey v macedonia) states also aekrossoponti makes some excellent points.
but at the end do you agree or not?Do you understand?

(i am not talkin about the history,but about the date)

(About the history its my comment..)

who cares about history or a particular date i love greece as much as the rest of you, but to me dates history politics are not important. i know turkey mocked us in some news clips i saw and celebrated as though they won the world cup but its not good to be so nationalistic, to me if greece qualify, losing to turkey won't matter at all the only important thing here is qualifying nothing else really matters

Archived