Phantis Forums

NEW COACH

Tsoglani

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, or Rehagel :P xexe.. I would like on of the coaches you mentioned and perhaps a german style of game might suit us better.

However I'd like to see Munoz one more year, having trained the team for summer preparation and perhaps having requested a couple of players. But this is very hypothetical

yes, or Rehagel  xexe.. I would like on of the coaches you mentioned and perhaps a german style of game might suit us better.

However I'd like to see Munoz one more year, having trained the team for summer preparation and perhaps having requested a couple of players. But this is very hypothetical

I like Munioz as a coach too, and maybe under better circumstances he might have done more. I dont refer to the preparation and to the subject of he got some players he asked in January.I am refering to the psychological problems our players have. If you saw last games you must have noticed that our players somehow are afraid to get responsibility and shoot and give instead passes and destroy all the good playing till the enemie goalpost. e.g. Salpigidis could have shot at least 4 times one on one against Halkias but mostly prefered to give the ball to other players who then didnt know what to do with it either (looked like they where afraid of beeing bitten by the ball).But back to the point. If our players had more trust in theirselves maybe Munioz would lead us to many titles.

But they dont and Munioz we all must admit this didnt make any progress in this point. He hasnt managed to raise the mentaly. We definitely need a coach who will make our players believe in theirselves. Thats why i put in my choices Daum first. his guy makes a team sing We are the champions if it has to be. He did this with his curent team Koeln in sedond division in Germany this year.

Magat on the opposite is a manager/coach who has been trained in such conditions.

In the past every team that was in danger of falling second division got magat to save them and he managed. Of course we are not in danger of falling but he is one hard son of a bitch and will get the most out of the team.

It doesn't matter! I know you don't want to hear this, but that's what I think. It doesn't matter. A great coach will never come to PAO or any Greek team. Secondly, with all the crap within the club and in the league, any decent coach that may be brought will leave soon too.

Tzigger and Kokalis are incompetent, egoists, and use their clubs for their own gain--political, social and anything else.

may as well just end this whole crap and get bayevic bc no matter who else we end up with or we are associated with they will be no better or worse - at least bayevic knows the greek league

Well i was only speaking about foreign coaches. IF Bajevic would come i would have no problem with that. But the problem is that many fans of PAO dont wont him and as soon as the problems begin he will be leaving and loosing another coach in midseson isnt good.

another new coach.....

maybe he didnt do as expected, but hopefully well get a cup out of him, and to be fair he did not get to build this years team over the summer or make any transfers other than Ninis and that ended up being fantastic.

Im not that concerned with names or all that bullshit, lets be honest so many 'well reknowned' coaches and none of them do anything- its not that they suck, its that a good coach is not about 'tactics" or 'ability'--- thats a load of bullshit. Some things work in some places and fail completly some times....

we need somebody who will dedicate to the job, has some experience under pressure, and will push the players. Doesnt matter who or where they are from- or any "miracle tactics" - that s%$#! really doesnt exist, countless of example of good coaches moving teams and performing way before expected is proof.

I will be happy with the coach if preseason starts EARLY, and they go through a rigorous and tough pre training, weeding out the useles and playing a fair share of matches to develop a system and team comfort. Bakke ruined our season last summer by doing NOTHING. playing a village team or two, a handful of friendlies with miserable performances, no effort . And with no suprise it carried on into match results when the season began. Get somebody to make them work, and get ready as a team. As for major signings, dont want any. We want major stregthenings. Major signings tend to be names, overpaid brats who dont adjust or dont care. Im over them, one random freekick or dribble for crowd pleasers isnt enough and isnt valuable in the long run. Lets get players who are proven in this league or good fits for PAO, and heres an idea - lets get players who would be eager to play for us, not players who could use PAO as a step down in quality, but maintain their salary.

Munioz will NOT stay.

He would be crazy to...

Who wants to work under Tzigger unless they do not know him, or have NO other option. Neither is true for Munioz.

There isn't even the lure of the CL.

He was promised transfers mid season and they failed miserably.

Munioz will be gone to a mediocre Spanish club in an instant.

Watch him propose Ninis' transfer... ;)

I hope Ninis sends him a thank you card. :smartass:

Hasta luego.

Even general Sergio M. would not be able to make this a team.

We need players.

Salpi and Ninis are out greatest assets.

Ivan, Morris can play sometimes.

I LOVE ALL our young Greeks, but none of them are ready for the PAO first team yet. Someday maybe.

If Victor and Gonzo, can stay healthy, PAO can build on that.

WE need a lot of transfers. NOT big names, but big players with a work ethic.

No PAO-ARIS thread.... :whistle:

PEACE

Munioz will NOT stay.

He would be crazy to...

Who wants to work under Tzigger ....

No PAO-ARIS thread.... :whistle:

PEACE

Agreed.

As for no thread for PAO-Aris, I thought about it but what's the point? :angry: Even hard-core fans are turning away. Soon, the only ones directly involved with this sport will be those with ego problems, showmen, and hooligans...

I've said it before, Greek football is having a slow death. Some people just don't know it yet.

i agree with trifilli..i dont think munoz will stay even if we win the cup..i would like him to bc i think he could do alot for this club, but i dont see it happening..as for a new coach..we will hear a million names, but i dont see us getting any big names and once again being dissapointed with our coach..same patterns...over and over again ;)

Krystof has openly said his dream is to be the PAO coach someday.

He has been attending coaching seminars, and would be an asset for the team, no matter who the head coach is.

If Duscan comes in, we are talking about two of the best foreigners to ever have long successful careers in the Greek league, Djole will be the third one.

Although Bajevic may not be my first choice, he definitely knows the Greek reality very well.

Both he, and Krystoff, want to be here. Unlike the many foreign coaches who are using PAO as a step, and European exposure.

They will have their work cut out for them however, too bad they can't play themselves, no doubt they would do better than some of our current talent.

Any Panathinaikos player would be lucky to be stepping on the same grass with the GREEN GIANT, Krystof Warzycha! :nw: :tup:

PEACE

I wish I could share your enthousiasm about Bajevic. Though I still think it doesn't matter who the coach is as long as the internal culture (and management) remains the same. B. won't go against Tzigger; B. will have some domestic success (especially with gavroi going through a drastic change) get punished in euro play and be sacked like others.

Warzycha (and other greats) can be an asset and he/they should be involved with the team. But, this will take us only a couple steps further (an improvement but not a solution). See what the last 10-11 years have been for us....

I mean, com'on, even by chance we would have done better than we did. Now, new hopes, same system. New coach, same owner. New players, same results (more or less). Unless, of course, our aim is to grab a domestic title once every few (10?) years.... because I really don't see anything different today. Same sh*t. Hoping for our opponents stumble so we can catch a break.... Is that nice?....

I wish I could share your enthousiasm about Bajevic. Though I still think it doesn't matter who the coach is as long as the internal culture (and management) remains the same. B. won't go against Tzigger; B. will have some domestic success (especially with gavroi going through a drastic change) get punished in euro play and be sacked like others.

Warzycha (and other greats) can be an asset and he/they should be involved with the team. But, this will take us only a couple steps further (an improvement but not a solution). See what the last 10-11 years have been for us....

I mean, com'on, even by chance we would have done better than we did. Now, new hopes, same system. New coach, same owner. New players, same results (more or less). Unless, of course, our aim is to grab a domestic title once every few (10?) years.... because I really don't see anything different today. Same sh*t. Hoping for our opponents stumble so we can catch a break.... Is that nice?....

Well i have for the start nothing against some titles in our team. I dont expect that our team will get greek titles and become great in europe just in one season.

But if Bajevic manages to get th e championship next year this will be a start.

Our youngsters will get some selfconfedence and with hard work the next 10 years coud be ours. As for the european part . It was never Bajevic fault in my eyes that olympiakos didnt manage much in international football. IMO some of the best european runs of Oly where while bajevic was coach there.

As for the Tsiger issue we all know this wont change, so better stop whinning all the time about it. Sure he has made many mistakes but common we cant blame him not having put money in this team. The only thing we can blame him is having the wrong people in the wrong positions.

We had so many dissapointments in the past years. Give Bajevic a chance. I mean the man knows what expects him from the majority of the PAO fans and still has the balls to want to come which he definitely doesnt need imo. So give him at least the chance to prove himself.

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

Don't know too much about Dusko but the new coach - in my view - should instill discipline and fitness to the team. I watched Chelsea-Liv last night and saw the fitness of the players; simply amazing. I do not see the same from Greek players/teams. They do just enough to rule the Greek league but have nothing left for any good play in Europe.

I am concerned that we keep hashing aorund the same old names, with the same checkered pasts. If PAO wants to make a quantum leap forward, it needs to make a splash, not just in a good big-name coach but also in players. No good coach will come here for the talent collection presently in PAO.

Don't know too much about Dusko but the new coach - in my view - should instill discipline and fitness to the team. I watched Chelsea-Liv last night and saw the fitness of the players; simply amazing. I do not see the same from Greek players/teams. They do just enough to rule the Greek league but have nothing left for any good play in Europe.

I am concerned that we keep hashing aorund the same old names, with the same checkered pasts. If PAO wants to make a quantum leap forward, it needs to make a splash, not just in a good big-name coach but also in players. No good coach will come here for the talent collection presently in PAO.

Yea i agree with you in the issues discipline and fitness. But he should give our players aswell new selfconfedence. It cant be that our players are afraid to shoot when the have the possibility too and instead pass the ball and loose good chances of scoring.

And one more issue why i like Bajevic becoming our coach is he knows how to keep the lockers locked for the press which would bring some peace in our troop.

Take my word for it, if this happens, and PAO fans give them the same support that they've given Munoz, you'll see an immediate improvement!

oh right....

remember his last season in Greece was a total exageration - Olympiakos relied on PAO to screw up 3 times before they could get a championship, OSFP were plain TERRIBLE the 2nd half......Bajevic succeeds sometimes and fails miserably many others...

Bajevic is not only a bad coach to have for PAO as a coach, also consider one important thing for the club which all these people endlessly praising him DONT EVEN CONSIDER

this is DUSAN BAJEVIC --- meaning pressure on him is intense from day 1.

majority of PAO fans HATE him enough. A few bad results and theyll be calling for a new coach, and Bajevic will eventually lose his job. He has to succeed right away and keep it up all year or hell be crucified by fans and media and lose his job (sending us into another coach hunt midyear) - is that a risk we want to take over a coach thats just been around the block a few times??? Id prefer not to...

and the possibility of him screwing up a few games is not at all unlikley to happen...

Nikopolidis, Cesar,Torosidis,Stoltidis,Castillo,Rivaldo,Djordjevic,Taralidis,Konstantinou.

These players are at least as good as their Panathinaikos counterparts.

Salpigidis, Ninis, Ivan, healthy Gonzo, Victor at their top form, may be our most competitive.

PAO has several young Greek players, from which, much is expected, but little has been delivered, so far. We have nothing close to the talent of Castillo, Djole, or Rivaldo. The first one may be a punk, while the latter two, grandpas. They do, however, deliver some of the time, which is enough for what osfp is good at, winning in Greece.

My point is, that the coach can only do so much. Without adequate talent, nor support from management, they are very limited. Malesani, Munoz, Bajevic, cannot make the impact that Nikopolidis, Karagounis, Basinas, Seitaridis, Henriksen, Kyrgiakos, Lyberopoulos, Olisadebe, Konstantinou made.

They (transferred, retired or injured) were all replaced, mostly by much inferior options.

Who's fault is that?

PEACE

oh right....

remember his last season in Greece was a total exageration - Olympiakos relied on PAO to screw up 3 times before they could get a championship, OSFP were plain TERRIBLE the 2nd half

I'm sorry but I really dont understand this mentality. PAO gave them the league??? How? By losing? Isnt that the point of a league? Both Oly and PAO play the same teams twice over the course of a year. If PAO are 2 points ahead with one game to go and PAO lose that game to a team they should have beaten that doesnt mean you gave them the league. You lost, they won, simple. PAO, AEK and Oly SHOULD be winning every game in the league, if you dont manage it tough s%$#!, thats the point of a league. You say they "relied" on you to lose, well go and win the ###### games then! You weren't good enough to get as many points, that makes them champs. Bajevic is the most successful club manager in Greek history simple as that! He is a disciplinarian and for the vendettes at your club he'd be perfect. Also, Bajevic has a stipulation in his contract that says no one else can get involved in team affairs so Vardino will be powerless in some respects too. Trust me, he'd be perfect for you.

Nikopolidis, Cesar,Torosidis,Stoltidis,Castillo,Rivaldo,Djordjevic,Taralidis,Konstantinou.

These players are at least as good as their Panathinaikos counterparts.

Salpigidis, Ninis, Ivan, healthy Gonzo, Victor at their top form, may be our most competitive.

PAO has several young Greek players, from which, much is expected, but little has been delivered, so far. We have nothing close to the talent of Castillo, Djole, or Rivaldo. The first one may be a punk, while the latter two, grandpas. They do, however, deliver some of the time, which is enough for what osfp is good at, winning in Greece.

My point is, that the coach can only do so much. Without adequate talent, nor support from management, they are very limited. Malesani, Munoz, Bajevic, cannot make the impact that Nikopolidis, Karagounis, Basinas, Seitaridis, Henriksen, Kyrgiakos, Lyberopoulos, Olisadebe, Konstantinou made.

They (transferred, retired or injured) were all replaced, mostly by much inferior options.

Who's fault is that?

PEACE

I agree trifilli, PAO managment has treated their talented players like s%$#!. Lymbe, Basinas, Kyriakos, Gekas.

Lets look at the Gekas situation. Salpi is undoubtedly more talented and Pap is a more physical player but you get rid of Gekas who was performing well last season and you're left with Mantzios who couldnt score a goal if his life depended on it. Instead of keeping him on the bench they wanted to send him to PAOK...and because of tzigger the manga PAO gets screwed offensively.

Bottom line is that Tzigger thinks everyone is replaceable...he decides to change half of the team two weeks before the start of the season...hires an idiot coach (Bakke) and then says that everyone is to blame.

he is definitely smoking crack

Archived