Phantis Forums

Ivanschitz to ride Austrian wave

His quote is a bit puzzling:

"To say now that the Netherlands, Germany or France will be the favourites would be a bit early"

Netherlands is on a rebuilding mode since Kluivert, Davids, Stam, Van Nistelrooji and others are long gone.

France is nowhere near the team that reached the World Cup finals.

Germany is a possiblity, they have a very strong squad.

I think in EURO 2008, a new team may be crown European Champions, and it might be a county who have never won before, it could be Portugal or Sweden or Serbia? :whistle:

His quote is a bit puzzling:

"To say now that the Netherlands, Germany or France will be the favourites would be a bit early"

Netherlands is on a rebuilding mode since Kluivert, Davids, Stam, Van Nistelrooji and others are long gone.

France is nowhere near the team that reached the World Cup finals.

Germany is a possiblity, they have a very strong squad.

I think in EURO 2008, a new team may be crown European Champions, and it might be a county who have never won before, it could be Portugal or Sweden or Serbia? :whistle:

The best teams will be France, Portugal and Germany you'll see. But despite that, Greece will win it! :gr: :nw:

Alright Dude, let's assume these 14 countries qualifying from where they are currently positioned.

Finland, Serbia, Scotland, France, Greece, Turkey, Germany, Czech Republic, Croatia, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Bulgaria

include Switzerland and Austria as hosts nation

If you have to pick one of 16 countries that have the best chance to win the title (and be realistic), who would it be?

Alright Dude, let's assume these 14 countries qualifying from where they are currently positioned.

Finland, Serbia, Scotland, France, Greece, Turkey, Germany, Czech Republic, Croatia, Russia, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Bulgaria

include Switzerland and Austria as hosts nation

If you have to pick one of 16 countries that have the best chance to win the title (and be realistic), who would it be?

France or Germany for me. I think France are stronger man for man but Germany have an incredible resilience and self belief. What do you think re file? Do you still think Sweden, Portugal or Serbia? (I think Portugal are darkhorses (no pun intended! :P )

Portugal would be my choice if only they could give a better showing in Group A of the Euro 2008 qualifyer. They are in 4th place, 3 points behind Serbia for second place (final qualifying spot). Both Serbia and Portugal play on March 28th, this is one match we should watch.

Others are Germany, Italy, and yes Sweden (if Larsson plays :rolleyes: )

I could throw Finland into the mix, seriously I don't know if you follow them lately, they look awfully good out there. There my biggest dark horse in the qualifyer, just like Greece in Euro 2004. :D

Archived