Phantis Forums

Pao vs Xanthi

HOLLYWOOD

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good game so far. Every time we have the ball on offense Xanthi is on the verge of panic. We should had been up by a couple already, but the bounces did not fall our way. Xanthi had some chances towards the end and I think it's because both Leontiou and Tziolis are having a bad day winning and maintaining possession in midfield. I would put Bovio in for Tziolis to see if we can put Xanthi on their hills, and maybe Mantzios in for Leontiou.

i suppose u find pap is effective as well? pap has had the ball 4 times and fell down 3 times. pap 4 mantzios in the 2nd half

i agree 100% ;)

0-0 FT

it seemed like our players had this weekend on their minds which isnt good..we have a chance at the cup and not the championship but it seems the players really want the win against oly..

a goal would have been nice but i think we will still advance

I was wondering why only so few spectators for a semifinal game. Now I know. Horrible showing in the second half. Leontiou had another horrible game. He really can't play DM. He was constantly out of position, behind the ball, and he was too weak to challenge opponents in midfield when he found himself in position. Tziolis, the same. He looked heavy, slow, and was competing with Leontiou for unforced errors. This way Xanthi was left to exchange little passes in midfield that threw us out of synch.

Nilsson and Ivanschitz were the only ones I could say that had a descent game, in a day where Salpigidis, Papadopoulos, looked our of sorts, and so did Mantzios when he came in.

I am not worried about Xanthi. I think we can go through to the final, but I am worried about this Sunday. Tziolis looked like he could barely walk the last ten minutes, and both Leontiou and Bovio looked bad today. Without decent play from our DM we don't have much luck in any game.

way too many missed chances against a team that doesnt surrender goals that easily. it looks like it will all play out at the pigadia.

Ebede didnt really have much to do but looked real confident when coming ut for balls.

morris was once again solid in the back.

goumas played a good game but was beaten twice by xanthi on one-two's.

nilsson is becoming the RB for pao. the more he plays the more i like him. he is great at pushing the ball forward

vyntra is pure crap on the offense. he is not much better defensively but on offence he makes the left side weaker. i never thought i would say this but i cant wait for seric to come back.

Romero had a good game until he was subbed which i thought was a mistake by munos.

ivanshitz was forced to play the far wing and u can see his frustration many times when his teamates would not get h im the ball despite being wide open

Tziolis looked lost out there. and i am a big tziolis fan because i see too much potential. but lately he seems to try to do too much. he should dumb his game down and attack when playin next to bovio.

Leontiou had a decent few minutes in the 2nd half but overall he did the same thing we have been used to. long balls without stoxo.

salpi was 100% effort. u cant blame him for not gettin the ball in the second half. he missed his share of chances but every striker has misses. the point is he keeps getting chances the team looks better. the 2nd half he had one ball towards him.

pap had a horrible game. he tried but the way i see it he spends way too much time tryin to win fouls then play the f*&%^ng ball. the more i see him the more frustrated i get.

Mantzios came on and tried but like salpi, the midfield didnt get him the ball enough. he dissappeared for a 15 minute stretch just like most of the two teams did but overall he didnt do much. not for lack of effort though.

ninis came on and looked like he felt the pressure of doing something magical. i would not of played him today. the more he plays the more pressure he will feel. he has done magnificently so far, but we cant make him feel like without him there is nothing.

bovio came on and looked Dominant. i am really starting to like him. i watched a game with him playing at malaga last year against Real Zaragossa and he played as the lone DM. he would win the balls and pass the ball forward with ease. he seems a bit confused when he plays with someone next to him. i suggest have him play as the only DM and have tziolis/leontiou/eki whomever, play further ahead. something like this.

xxxxxxxxxxGKxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RBxxxCBxxxxxxCBxxxxxxxLB

xxxxxxxxxBOVIOxxxxxxxxxxx

RMxxxxxxxxCMxxxxxxxxxxLM

xxxxSTxxxxxxxxxxSTxxxxxxx

overall i think the worst player were the fans. first off only around 11K show up. i may not be in greece but living here in canada i go to watch Montreal Canadiens games at least 8 or 9 times a year. and there are 45 or more home games. and tickets are anywhere from 40 to 130 $.

i think its a shame yes that we play at the big empty OAKA. i hope next year upon returning to leoforo, the fans will be more supportive and not boo a team that has played 8 games in 28 days.

i really thought today would of been a good time to try the young kid Boutziko at Lb. he cant ne much worse then vyntra and so far, playing youngsters has been nothing but positive for munoz.

later skaters

Fish that is cyber, i strongly and i mean STRONGLY disagree about Bovio. from the time he came in he held the ball and did what he could. suffice it to say that xanthi were not pushing forward but if u watch the last 10 minutes again. bovio played as the LONE DM. tziolis pushed forward and even had a missed chance. the ball went wide but football is a game of ifs and buts. sure it IS eaier to score on FIFA07 on xbox or ps2, but bovio still looked to me to be the best part of the three subs.

einai kairos merikoi paiktes pou fetos den travane na kathisoune ston pango. Yia paradeigma o "arxigos" Papadopoulos, kai i metrios Romero. Pistevo kalitera na paroun efkairies paiktes opos o mbides, o opoios persi etsi kairo itane o korifaios tis omadas me tis assist tou, idiaitera sto OAKA, eno kai o mantzios tha mporouse na prosferei parapano ean epaize se pio polla paixnidia basikos. Oson afora tin epithesi mas, kalos o salpi, alla den tha paroume pote protathlima ean den paroume ena dinato center for, opos itane o konstantinou prin ton afisoume na figei yia 30-40 xiliarika parapanopou zitouse.

einai kairos merikoi paiktes pou fetos den travane na kathisoune ston pango. Yia paradeigma o "arxigos" Papadopoulos, kai i metrios Romero. Pistevo kalitera na paroun efkairies paiktes opos o mbides, o opoios persi etsi kairo itane o korifaios tis omadas me tis assist tou, idiaitera sto OAKA, eno kai o mantzios tha mporouse na prosferei parapano ean epaize se pio polla paixnidia basikos. Oson afora tin epithesi mas, kalos o salpi, alla den tha paroume pote protathlima ean den paroume ena dinato center for, opos itane o konstantinou prin ton afisoume na figei yia 30-40 xiliarika parapanopou zitouse.

giati otan eixame ton kostantinou pername protathlimata??? pote epekse o mixalis kala ston pao??? stin teleutaia tou xronia prin fygei apo ton pao mono epekse kapia mpala... omos, symfono oti xreiazomaste enan epithetiko...

btw, to add to GMAK..

you can see that Munoz knows a bit of what he is talkin about. he was after Salva from malaga. the player chose levante and has scored 4 goals in 7 games.

give munoz soem tiem to fix HIS team. i dont doubt in hi scapabilities. not forgettin that from the time he has come here, he has made tziolis a pure starter. taken vyntra out of the RB permanent position. added Ninis and made Ivan a startin eleven constant. b4 that, ivan was starting once every 3 games.

Archived