Phantis Forums

Eki out for the Season

pao123

Eki seems to be out of this season and will miss the summer camp too! Which means that he won't be back well into the first half of the next season.

If there's no question of money, I'd say keep him, but if we could use his $1.5 (more?) a year to get someone else (especially defenders) we should.

Personally I think Eki was a good player, but last season he didn't play well, and then his injury has prevented him from contributing for up to 1.5 yrs. That's too long, isn't?

Article about Eki

geez people forget what eki has done for pao,,,,kaka ta psemmata eki is the tsabouka of our team,,,he carried us to whatever success we had in our cleague campains,,,,,,,,hes yng enough to get over this injury,,,,,and we should not sell him,,,,if he manages to get back to full fitness and get through this setback i wouldnt swap him for anyone else,,in our midfield.go look at his goals hes scored for pao in last 3 yrs then come back and tell me any1 else who can do the things he does!!!! go look at those goals against rosenburg, and arsenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!kai sis lete na ton poume aite geia :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

geez people forget what eki has done for pao,,,,kaka ta psemmata eki is the tsabouka of our team,,,he carried us to whatever success we had in our cleague campains,,,,,,,,hes yng enough to get over this injury,,,,,and we should not sell him,,,,if he manages to get back to full fitness and get through this setback i wouldnt swap him for anyone else,,in our midfield.go look at his goals hes scored for pao in last 3 yrs then come back and tell me any1 else who can do the things he does!!!! go look at those goals against rosenburg, and arsenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!kai sis lete na ton poume aite geia :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I totally agree! First off, he wasnt great last season but no one was! Plus, he played a deeper role instead of the usual dekari! Second, with such a long injury his value was plummeted so selling him isnt worth it! The only thing PAO would gain from this is the wage bill, and let's face it guys, Vardinoyianni can afford it! He doesnt need to save this money to pay the wages of another defender. There is nothing to gain by letting Eki go. He's not only technically gifted but he's also passionate which is rare for a player of his style! His typically Argentinian in that sense and PAO and the Greek league need a player like him. Unfortuantely the reality is that he won't be back to his best until at least the end of next season because he'll spend the latter part of next season getting match fit. But when he is back he'll be like a new signing for PAO!

GOOD LUCK EKI!!! :nw:

HOLY CRAP.. I THINK I AGREE EITH ETHNIKISTIS FOR LIKE THE FIRST TIME EVER.

WOW..

:LOL: :LOL:

I'm telling you man, a couple joints and you see another world!

Perhaps, they should try this at some game: distribute joints to all fans as they enter the stadium..... :LOL:

apparently his doctor in argentina says in 4 months he will be able to train fully and in 5 he will be match fit...

i say we keep him...we are going to need another creative player and he i believe is the person that can help us...we shud be looking for defenders so keeping equi is ideal..i believe he can get back to his best...manyplayers have had long tern injuries and returned even better...i like eki and i think he will be an asset to us when he comes back...he shows heart and soul for pao and is a leader on the pitch..if he returns well i see no reason why we should keep him...

and btw, everyone always talks about our management not having faith in our players and not showing them respect...and now everyone is saying "oh hes been injured for a while, lets trash him" what kind of faith would that be?? the club should stick by eki in the hard times and judge him when he retunrs to full fitness...letting him go would show much disrespect on our part...remember guys, he did help us win a double..we should show alittle more faith in him, who knows what he will be like when he gets back

I've been critical of his play this past year, but I wish him all the best. He has shown love for the team and has given his heart on the pitch even if it was not enough to pull miracles.

He is a very skilled player, and I hope that he will be a great asset in the right role in a team that everyone contributes.

Also, dumping a player after a major injury might be the worst thing a team can do. The guy is having a second major surgery to replace his knee ligaments. It must be very difficult even for those who don't play football, so I am sure the team and the fans will give him all the support he needs. I hope to see him pull some magic on the field next season.

Edit: I just saw pao123's edit. We are saying the same thing.

Archived