Phantis Forums

ERGOTELIS-AEK

AEKPROTATHLIMA

what the hell is wrong with aek away from oaka .A little rundown of past scores o-o with skoda,1-1 with ira, 0-1 loss with paok.o-o with ergotelis. and we bearly beat ionokos on penalties?!

Is this a cause of concern my fellow aeksters? And i do take in to consideration that we have been hit hard with injuries.

If you wanna be crowned king of the super league it is essential that you take maximum points away,it just tells me that aek still need alot more mental toughness before we can win tites ,to figure out ways to break down teams that always play back.

Oly always finds ways to get the best results posible and pull games and win them at the death, and thats why they ruled greek soccer for so long.

What do thinks guys right or wrong???????????

File the difference is simple = creativity! The only way AEK know how to attack is through crosses. That can be the most dangerous way to attack BUT AEK doesnt do it well. Look at the game against Oly, they go down to 10 men and AEK controlled the game for large periods. The ball was played out to the wings and a cross would come in, sometimes with 3-4 players already in the box yet the ball was constantly cleared. And bear in mind Oly's main weakness is dealing with crosses. There was no one making a late run into the box, no movement in the box, no one attacking the front post, no variety in the crossing, etc. The team lacks the direct-creativity (i.e. dribbling skill, through-ball ability, and pace) to break through the middle consistently and the crossing strategy isnt good enough thats why AEK drop points. Whereas, Olympiakos can score from anywhere (in Greece at least). Djole, Rivaldo, Konstantinou, Castillo, Okkas, etc can all get goals. At AEK there's no real goal threat because of the limitations of the execution of the style of the teams play.

Archived