Phantis Forums

OSFP- Yiannena

Olympiakosthyra7

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday's game showed to everyone what everybody should know already.

Olympiakos is a paper champ exposed and ridiculed in Europe year after year

and served to his fans as "Gods" and "superheroes"

Let the superleage have only 12 teams with funs,tradition and history

Olympiako,Pao,Aek,Panionio,Paok,Aris,Iraklis,Larisa,Giannena,Ofi or Ergoteli,

Volo,Panahaiki.

It is different when you play say at larisa and Giannena than at ionikos,Aigaleo,

Atromito where most of those clubs belong to Olympiako and Pao.

Do a favor to Greek soccer and let it flourish and maybe one day we will have

a Greek soccer where Greek basketball is today in europe and the world.

monkey sounds.

If Oly's black players turn a blind eye to it out of interest (money), then they full deserve it because honour has no price.

That is so disgusting, half of Greek fans (not only Oly fans) do this s***. They should take action immediatly, fine there sorry a** for this disgraceful behavior! :ph34r:

Thank god I don't support this club and what it stands for.

I'm not going to discuss whether your report is entirely accurate (for me, the event where the injury of the black player is enough to call some fans behaviour completely disgraceful).

But I would like to see your rhetoric pointed also against other club fans (including your own) when they create similar problems. Don't let your partizanship to blind you, the official club and the majority of the fans are neither racists nor criminals.

Thanks god, I'm still trying to be more impartial than you.

I'm not going to discuss whether your report is entirely accurate (for me, the event where the injury of the black player is enough to call some fans behaviour completely disgraceful).

But I would like to see your rhetoric pointed also against other club fans (including your own) when they create similar problems. Don't let your partizanship to blind you, the official club and the majority of the fans are neither racists nor criminals.

Thanks god, I'm still trying to be more impartial than you.

this coming from a guy who called me a racist on another topic....Lets call a spade a spade or the kettle black...when your team does something wrong, dont generalise, call it like it is....Karaiskase turned into a pool of RACISTS....

But I would like to see your rhetoric pointed also against other club fans (including your own) when they create similar problems.

Dipapa,

At least at the Panathinaikos forums many fans have screamed foul when our few boneheaded fans attack opponents or friends.

It's time that everyone who loves football speaks up and lets these misguided beings understand that they are isolated, and that their behavior is not "cool".

Greek football is a reflection on Greece.

This whole mess has been happening for years.

Corrupt, ignorant degenerates abusing their power and taking the money of others while promising the world to a gullible (and conversley apathetic) public. The majority of fans that do attend matches are football illiterates who are relcing their cave man days by baying for blood of the others team/fans who wear different colours to themselves.

I hate the degeneration of Greek society. Where the F### is the church in condemning such behaviour?

They stick their unwelcome noses into just about every other aspect of life.

<Expletive deleted>! PALIO APATEONES!

I quit...I'm not supporting Olympiakos anymore.

The goal of PAS could have been prevented easily. It wasn't necessary to go so quickly to the ball because Kontogoulidis was alone.

Greek football is a reflection on Greece.

This whole mess has been happening for years.

Corrupt, ignorant degenerates abusing their power and taking the money of others while promising the world to a gullible (and conversley apathetic) public. The majority of fans that do attend matches are football illiterates who are relcing their cave man days by baying for blood of the others team/fans who wear different colours to themselves.

I hate the degeneration of Greek society. Where the F### is the church in condemning such behaviour?

They stick their unwelcome noses into just about every other aspect of life.

<Expletive deleted>! PALIO APATEONES!

I quit...I'm not supporting Olympiakos anymore.

:LOL: Pure poetry! Akriti you are in rare form :tup:

But I would like to see your rhetoric pointed also against other club fans (including your own) when they create similar problems.

Dipapa,

At least at the Panathinaikos forums many fans have screamed foul when our few boneheaded fans attack opponents or friends.

It's time that everyone who loves football speaks up and lets these misguided beings understand that they are isolated, and that their behavior is not "cool".

And I am with you, as I have pointed out so many times (see my open letter to Kokkali, 2 years ago). My point was that, official club and the majority of the fans don't support the idiots who attack opponent's players. Of course, I couldn't easily deny that our management didn't make a lot to prevent this from happening or to isolate the offenders afterwards.

I was insulted by Evergreen's post because he essentially said that the main ideology in my club is racism and violence. This is not only unfair to the club's history as a whole but it also implies that I and the rest of the reds here support racism and violence as well. That is deeply insulting and, btw, it clearly doesn't happen. I'm not the one who laughs at a whole city because of some poor immigrants living in it.

Ofcourse not!!!!! Kokkalis son can't punish his own dad!!!!!!! :gr: :gr: :gr:

This is true but you may ask yourselves why Tzigger nominated Petraki as president and why the rest of the Superleague members voted him. So it's not a simple "one bad guy is responsible for all" case. This stinking situation fits many of them. Just think of it.

And, as usual in Greece, something may change when a foul situation escalates to the final stage. That is, when one or more people die, maybe in another Gate 7 or Hazel incident. But it will be too late then...

I really beliece everyone that EPO wants this crap to happen during the matches....

We've all been watching these sort of things happen over and over from all levels in Greek soccer and no-one does anything about it other than to "talk and have some banners" go up....

What needs to happen is for FIFA to get into it and suspend our asses from int' competions just like they did in the UK

Ela re paidia, you can't force and punish people into not being racist. Maybe some of us who live outside of Greece, particularly in multi-ethnic countries are exposed to other races, religions, and colors and thus are more tolerant of others. I am not generalizing all Greeks, but the truth of the matter is Greece is not like other countries and the people are not like others.

The same problem occurred in Spain when the Zaragoza fans were making monkey sounds at Eto. It is not something that people should be punished for, they should be educated and made to realize on their own that racism is wrong.

Another thing to consider is the mob mentality that occurs in the stadium. The atmosphere is charged, the people around you are chanting and so you join in. Let not kid ourselves, when Turkey comes to play us in March no one in this forum is going to be upset over the racist remarks that will undoubtedly come out during the game. People expect the atmosphere to be hostile, "12th man on the team".

Curtailing someones speech because we think it is wrong is not the solution. Education is the way to approach this issue. Make them feel embarassed for their actions by showing them how ignorant they are.

Again, I am not condoning the actions of the fans or justifying them, I am merely saying that the approach to rectifying the problem is wrong.

Ela re paidia, you can't force and punish people into not being racist. Maybe some of us who live outside of Greece, particularly in multi-ethnic countries are exposed to other races, religions, and colors and thus are more tolerant of others. I am not generalizing all Greeks, but the truth of the matter is Greece is not like other countries and the people are not like others.

The same problem occurred in Spain when the Zaragoza fans were making monkey sounds at Eto. It is not something that people should be punished for, they should be educated and made to realize on their own that racism is wrong.

Another thing to consider is the mob mentality that occurs in the stadium. The atmosphere is charged, the people around you are chanting and so you join in. Let not kid ourselves, when Turkey comes to play us in March no one in this forum is going to be upset over the racist remarks that will undoubtedly come out during the game. People expect the atmosphere to be hostile, "12th man on the team".

Curtailing someones speech because we think it is wrong is not the solution. Education is the way to approach this issue. Make them feel embarassed for their actions by showing them how ignorant they are.

Again, I am not condoning the actions of the fans or justifying them, I am merely saying that the approach to rectifying the problem is wrong.

File I am quite openly a nationalist, or a strict patriot may be a more accurate term but although I put my country above all racism is unacceptable. I am all for freedom of speech, it is a fundamental human freedom and without it humanity is immediately placed in chains but incitement to racial hatred is a touch much. Using Turkey as an example isn't quite the same either, the racially motivated chants there are aimed at a collective nation, PLUS there is history there! Whereas monkey chants are personal (not collective abuse which can fall into the 'hostile atmosphere' bracket). If this did occur EPO has to action! It's unacceptable. I must add however that I have been to many games involving Greek teams, PAO, PAOK, Olympiakos, many Cypriot teams, etc and I have never heard any monkey chants or anything like that and I always sit with what one may class as the hardcore fans. So IF this did really happen it isnt common and it should be clamped down early!

I 'm very annoyed from racist chanting but this isn't the main reason we are all so upset here. There was violence against a player (who you all don't seem to notice was partially responsible for the incident). Mob essentialy tried to lynch him (fortunately security guys did their job).

Archived