Phantis Forums

UEFA Article About Tziolis

GS1905

I think players like Tziolis can really shine if they go to a team that has a good structure, stable environment, and leaders. Young players like him, should not have to carry the weight of the team as yet. The pressure is too much and they're not mature yet. That's why we needed a ready-made star to lead the team, and I'm afraid Eki is not that player.

I think players like Tziolis can really shine if they go to a team that has a good structure, stable environment, and leaders. Young players like him, should not have to carry the weight of the team as yet. The pressure is too much and they're not mature yet. That's why we needed a ready-made star to lead the team, and I'm afraid Eki is not that player.

i dont think a star will help tziolis develop..i think it helps but what players like tziolis need are older, expereinced players to guide him in the right direction...players who have expereince in this position who have the experience of playing and decision making can help him find his path as a player...we dont really have highly experienced players..id say our most expierenced player is victor sanchez but we need a player like basinas(mb not him, but someone like him) who have expierence with the NT, playing in Europe and in Greece/outside leagues...our team is fairly young which hurts tziolis..i think we need one or two more older players who have had more extensive experience...i mean, we have the youth and mid 20 aged players, but our balance is alittle off

...just a thought though

where did I say we need a star? I think we agree that our team needs experienced players that can shoulder the load until younger players like Tziolis mature without having the pressure of carrying the team as yet.

Sure our balance is a little off, and because of getting too many players unworthy to wear the green jersey... they come, they go...

"thats why we needed a ready made star to lead the team" i believe was the line..im not sure if u were refering to developing younger players or in the team in general, but regardless, i was not attacking your post...i was in some way agreeing with u...i agree with u that the shuffling of players is verybad for our team..but with the excpetiong of mb three or four players, the names we have on our current roster i believe are worthy of wearing the jersey...i would just like to see acouple more experienced players on the rster and soe players like vyntra and nilson go...

Tziolis seems like a very mature kid and I think he will develop to a top midfielder. He has skill and physical presence. I agree that having a respectful, experienced player on the team to mentor young players would be awsome, This was the plan when we bought Conceicao and Biscan but they turned out to be bad influence.

I just wanted to add to this discussion that the coach and other training personnel could be active in mentoring. The coach can play a big role by challenging and protecting them when necessary.

Archived