-
Posts
2,441 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
15
Everything posted by Akritis_1944
-
Sokratis Papastathopoulos ‒ (Retired)
Akritis_1944 replied to plato-ny's topic in Greek Players Abroad
I read that. If the right offer came they will consider it. Everyone has a price. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Karelis' wife has only recently given birth so he won't be travelling to Australia. Also Siovas will be best man at Manolas' wedding so Skibbe and EPO have given him a pass to organize the strippers etcetera and etcetera. -
He missed a penalty against Karelis' Genk last night. He could have opened the scoring. F**k him! He's Albanian! Only kidding.
-
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Ohh OK Belmore Sports Ground. Actually the pitch at Belmore is probably in better condition than Telstra will be. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Ti eine auto to "BSG"? Lol -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
I can't see why he'd bother coming if he's not to play. I'll be happy to see him play 90 minutes in Sydney. He can then sit out the Melbourne match. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Announced about an hour ago on Twitter that Sokratis will now be coming to Australia. It will be awesome to see such a wirld class player running around on the cow paddock formerly known as the Sydney Olympic Stadium. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Oxi re! I went to Duli High! Eides re file! ???? -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
I was never far Marrickville, Earlwood and Dulwich Hill. Those areas still feel like home. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Cool man. Good luck with it. Yeah 2204 is burnt in to my memory. -
He has a very sweet left foot.
-
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Lol. I'm from Sydney. Marrickville to be exact but since moving to Canberra I don't miss Sydney all that much. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Yeah Canberra. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Actually Tziolis won't be playing so I can't really complain. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Mantalos and Bakaseta not playing is disappointing. I've got to drive 3 hours to watch Tziolis? ???? -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
OriginalSyd there aren't any PAO players in the squad so that won't be a factor. Disappointed that Fortounis and Pelkas also not coming. I would have loved to watch both of them run rings around Mooy. Also agree with Amorgos that Ninis should have been in the touring party. You can't go forward with Tziolis and Moras. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
No surprises the players like Sokratis and Mitroglou were cut. They've had long seasons so can do without the hassle I'm guessing. I said this scenario was going to happen weeks ago and I'm pretty sure OlympicHellas said the same. Expect an announcement from EPO claiming that these players have "injuries". -
Dimitrios Konstantopoulos ‒ (Retired)
Akritis_1944 replied to Athens4's topic in Greek Players Abroad
Karnezis wasn't great at the world cup but he's a very good goalkeeper. Udinese fans voted him player of the year which is a very big accolade. Nothing against Dimi but he's not a realistic option. Give Barkas, Vellidis and Kapino a shot. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
That's 31 players as I mentioned previously. I think that's the extended squad and I doubt that they are all coming. Some good call ups and I would be annoyed if Vydra and Tziolis make the trip ahead of Vellios, Bakasetas, Gianniotas, Mantalos. -
Dimitrios Konstantopoulos ‒ (Retired)
Akritis_1944 replied to Athens4's topic in Greek Players Abroad
I remember his time at AEK and he didn't look that comfortable. It was at a bad time for AEK but he didn't perform strongly in many of the matches i saw. He can possibly act as a mentor to the younger keepers by including him in squads. -
Dimitrios Konstantopoulos ‒ (Retired)
Akritis_1944 replied to Athens4's topic in Greek Players Abroad
Mark Schwartzer hasn't played a minute in 2 seasons so he's a bad example to use. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Agreed. They came as tourists then, although it was Australia's Golden generation. Just hope that the Greece team takes it seriously with an eye to the World Cup qualifiers. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Spot on Amorgos. We all know Greece has been horrible and disjointed for some time. I personally don't care who plays as long as they put in an effort. Obviously I don't want to see Vyntra or Moras play as this is short sighted but a hungry Vellios, Bakasetas and Tachtsidis is better than a Mitroglou who looks disinterested. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
Manolas had asked to be excluded so that's fine. The concern is that Sokratis and the better regulars miss the tour based on "injury". Australian Federation has stipulated that Greece send their best players so EPO will have to play the koroido and say theres's a spate of injuries to Samaris, Mitroglou, Sokratis etc. We will likely see Moras partner Oikonomou with Vydra on the right and Tzavellas on the left. Tziolis walking in the middle with Papazoglou up top. Even then I still see this being close. -
Hellas Vs Socceroos In June. Two Matches Hopefully.
Akritis_1944 replied to ausgreek's topic in Greek National Teams
31 players called up. Is this the travelling squad or will it be culled further? Knowing EPO They'll probably leave Bakasetas and Vellios at home while taking Siovas, Vydra and Moras along for the holiday.