Phantis Forums

4E & Rik Sat In Canada?

• 1 month later...

The Decision will be coming down this week, both channels should be approved IMO, not sure why it took so long to announce a decision?!  The real question is whether anyone will add these channels to their lineup.

I'll bet Fibe TV will. I think they where just waiting to se if they got approved or not. I have a feeling if they got approved, they probably have a deal with Soundview all ready in place to add all 3 4E,RIK SAT & Star International.

In any case we'll see on Thursday May 15/14 as thats the day Belll Fibe adds new channels. The 3rd Thursday of each month as the past has any indication. It'll be interesting to see if addded where they'll place them on their IPG. Their line up is starting to get filled up and some of the etrhnic channels are miss place IE Greek channels?

If they add them and ERT world comes back Fibe will have 10 Greek Channels!!! 

Yes I know. And I'm the person  where the commission said there was an intervention of support for both 4E & RIK Sat, that was me.

Since Soundview has all 3 now approved Star International,4E & RIK Sat, I have a felling come this Thursday May 15/14 you will probably see them show up on Bell Fibe. I think both Soundview & Bell where waiting to see if they got approved or not so they could add them at the same time I suspect they probably all read have a contract signed to add all 3 to Bell Fibe.

Edited by MCIBUS

• 4 months later...

4E,RIK & Star International will be launching shortly (no date but channels are up with screen saying coming soon)on Bell Fibe Shortly(not sure about Bell Sat, but I doubt it)

2760 4E

2761 RIK

2762 STAR

I'm guessing at some point Bell will re-aline their ethnic services into the 2000's from their present location as all new ethnics added appear to be going into the 2000's range.

So it's possible the line up might look like this in the future.

2760 4E

2761 RIK

2762 Star

2763 SKAI

2764 Alpha

2765 MEGA

2766 OTN(ATN 1)

2767 NERIT(if comes back)

2768 Greek Cinema

2769 Mad World

2770 CHTO

Now we only need that New Sports Channel along with those 2 or 3 radio stations on Dish and we'll all be set.

I still find it funny even though these are available in the US, there not all on one provider(not via the net)but via either sat or cable or IPTV(via phone company viewing on tv) when you consider how many Greks are libving in the US compared to Canada?

Merged your post into this existing thread MCIBUS, no need to start another one.

WOW,

I can't believe they are actually going to add these channels, they are too niche IMO- how many subscribers are they going to have?!  Bell Fibe has gone crazy adding niche ethnic channels, I wonder if they are making any money off of these especially when you consider that most of the niche channels are sold as add-ons and are not part of a package?!  Dish in the USA has added a lot of these types of channels as well but they sell them together in big packages.

On another note, MCIBUS do you know if Bell Fibe carries MAD World (international service) or MAD TV (domestic channel aired in Greece)?!  Bell Fibe lists MAD World on their website but Ethnic Channels Group has MAD TV listed on their site so I am confused as to which channel is actually available in Canada?!  I don't know why they launched a music channel, 2 music channels launched in the USA (Blue & gmTV) and both failed.  The Greek channels are mainly watched by the older generations (parents, grandparents), I don't see them sitting down and watching a music video channel?!  The younger generation can find this stuff on Youtube so they aren't going to be bothered with MAD either.  I think ECG should dump MAD World and add Sport Plus in its place, it will be more successful IMO then the music channel.

Well I don't sub to Mad World anymore, but when I had it was all music video's. As to which one, I'm not sure but I think(don't quote me on this)but I think its Mad World.

Your right. Most of those channels  the older generation watches. But what I think is going on with Bell is, there trying to compete with Rogers in Toronto & Ottawa and Videotron in Montreal which have large ethnic pop especially in Montreal & Toronto with certain ethnic groups Greek,Italian,Spanish(Portuguese,Spain,Mexico,Central America),Caribbean, Asian & South Easy Asian ethnic groups. I know Videotron carries some ethnic channels but not as much as Bell Fibe. Same with Rogers. Even though Rogers carries hell of a lot between 120-160 ethnic channels Bell Fibe now  has over 250 ethnic channels. What I pressuming is, that  Bell Fibe is going after the ethnic market. They've tapped out the English & French markets, so now there going after the ethnic market.

I'm not sure of the exact number of ethnic services that being broadcast(that have launched or about to) or having been allowed into Canada, but I'm almost certain Bell carries them all perhaps with the excepyion of a few, which will probably show up at some point.

As for Sports Plus I'm guess either Sound View,ECG or that DUFFESS who owns OTN will probably try and get the rights for it and bring here to Canada.

I dought you'll see any of these new ones on Rogers. The only ones I can see Rogers adding is NERT if comes back probably charge $15 for it or that Sports Plus and charge probably $15-$20 for after all their MONEY GRUBBERS!!! I can't stand Rogers. At least I finally complete my mission I got one of sisters to switch to Fibe about a year ago, and now I finally got my other sister to switch to Fibe from that    :xxx:    :evil:   Rogers.

As for pricing I see two things happening.

1)Bell wil form two new Greek Packages?

or

2) Will just do the same and have them as add ons for $5?

I'm betting on the latter(#2)

Edited by MCIBUS

There in free preview right now, but I'm assuming they'll cost $5/channel.

You must take OTN before anything else regardless of your provider in Canada  due to CRTC rules.

With Bell Fibe

OTN/ANT 1, Greek Cinema, CHTO=$10

Add 

Mega+$7.50

Add all the others for $5/channel

Rogers

OTN/ANT 1=$15.02

Mega=$15.02

Alpha=$5

BUT!!

You'll have to take OTN(ANT 1)for !) with Bell Fibe for $10(which includes Greek Cinema)or $15.02(By itself) with Rogers before you can get them.

So with me if I decide to take all them it'll be an extra $15 on top the $10.

So If you  take all the Greek channels from Bell Fibe that hey offer for 10 channels(OTN/ATN 1, MEGA, Greek Cinema, Alpha, SKAI, Mad World, RIK Sat, Star International, 4E TV & CHTO[radio] )you'll pay about $45. With Rogers you only get 3 channels(OTN/ATN 1,Mega & Alpha)you'll pay about $35

Edited by MCIBUS
  • Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well 4E TV, RIK SAT & Star Channel, their free preview is over. My mother saw them and doesn't want them.No prices yet or packaging but I'm figuring $5/each/month

But CHIR Greek Radio was added today on Bell Fibe. Only Rogers carried this channel but now it appears Bell Fibe has added it to its line.

Its located on channel 2779.Not sure why the gap between 2762 & 2779?  :huh:  :unsure: 

If you look at Fibe's Ethnic line up its scatter from 652-899, and then skips to the 2000's.

At present the Greek channels are located at 652,653,888-892,2760-2762&2779.

I'm not sure why Fibe hasn't moved their entire ethnic services to the 2000's range as the Greek channels are not the only ones scattered. There a few other ethnic groups in the same boat.

I'm not sure why BFTV put CHIR at 2779, but I think eventually all the ethnics will be in the 200's range.

This only a guess and not saying this is how it will look like but I think at some point it may look like this:

2760 4E TV

2761 RIK SAT

2762 Star Channel

2763 SKAI

2764 ALPHA

2765 MEGA

2766 ANT 1(OTN)

2767 NERIT(if it comes back)

2769 Greek Cinema

2771 Sports Plus(If gets approved by the CRTC)

2772 Super Sports FM(Maybe?)

2774 Mad World

2776 ANTENNA Radio(Maybe?)

2777 RYTHMOS FM(Maybe?)

2778 CHTO

2779 CHIR

That's only a guess it what might look like iof the ones presently not available in Canada if they  come here.

Edited by MCIBUS