Phantis Forums

NGTV (NY) sold

I saw this in this month's "Hellenic News of America". It looks like NGTV of NY was sold to a group of Greek-American investors, and is changing its official name from "National Greek Television" to "New Greek Television". The press release mentions that they plan to develop more original programing.

New website under construction: http://www.newgreektv.com/

Posted Image

I also found this article disclosing a sales price.

National Greek Television Sold to Group of Greek-Americans

By Stella Tsolakidou on August 3, 2012 in New York, News

National Greek Television (NGTV), the first private Greek-owned TV channel in the US, has been sold to a group of Greek-Americans, including lawyers Latos and Latos, an American director, a Greek-American constructor/contractor and Yanna Darilis, each part owning 20 percent of the channel.

The former owner of NGTV Dimitris Kastanas as well as the new owners refused to comment or give details on the sale before jointly announcing it.

According to information, the sale contract has already been signed by both sides. The TV channel was sold for $600,000.

The preliminary contract is reportedly signed several weeks ago and the so-called closing was completed on Thursday, after a two weeks long delay unexpectedly caused by Time Warner Cable responsible for transmitting the NGTV programs in NY and NJ.

The new executive director of NGTV is Yanna Darilis, who was born and raised in NY to Greek parents and has year-long experience with TV productions.

http://usa.greekreporter.com/2012/08/03/na...reek-americans/

Interesting news,

I wonder if this new channel will air any content from Greece and if so from what network?! I think ERT World might be a possible programming partner as they air the types of programming that the article mentioned this new channel will air.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived