8 replies to this topic

#1 Kolossos

Kolossos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:21 PM

Ant1 Pacific now ON AIR on Channel 5 along with Ant1 FM on Channel 14 Radio

http://www.ubiworldt...ages/greek.html Price will now be $69.95 for full Greek Package.

And Al a Carte Options are Ant1 Pacific for $29,95 or Mega Cosmos for $24.95 both these comes with ERT World, 4E and Al Jazeera English plus the Greek Radio channels http://www.ubiworldt...k/alacarte.html

#2 gang3171

gang3171

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:43 PM

Ant1 Pacific now ON AIR on Channel 5 along with Ant1 FM on Channel 14 Radio

http://www.ubiworldt...ages/greek.html Price will now be $69.95 for full Greek Package.

And Al a Carte Options are Ant1 Pacific for $29,95 or Mega Cosmos for $24.95 both these comes with ERT World, 4E and Al Jazeera English plus the Greek Radio channels http://www.ubiworldt...k/alacarte.html

It's nice to get everything on 1 platform there in Australia. I wish we were so lucky here in the states.

#3 Grk101

Grk101

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:50 AM

That is great news for everyone in Australia! After years of Ant1 doing their own thing in the Australian market, it joins the same platform as the rest of the channels. Any specific reason for their sudden change in heart? ;) The prices seem high though.

#4 gang3171

gang3171

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:57 AM

As of today's exchange rate (Jun 10), 1 US dollar = approx. 95 Australian cents.

The prices in US dollars would be the following:

Complete package: $73.81
ANT1 Pacific: $31.61
MEGA Cosmos: $26.33

Those prices are pretty steep. If I lived there, complete package would be the only option to go. The prices on the a-la-carte channels are ridiculous. At least they get radio channels we don't get and they get MAD World something we were promised over 4 years ago on their website and still nothing.

#5 HellasHab

HellasHab

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:58 AM

Wow, it looks like Greek channel changes have spread to Australia now. :D I wonder what prompted the move to UBI World TV for ANT1?! I guess they finally realized that they would make more money if they joined the rest of the channels at UBI instead of going it alone?! With this move to UBI World TV, I wonder if ANT1 Prime will show up in Australia at some point?! Also, I noticed that they don't carry Rythmos FM & NovaSPORT FM, I guess those stations are not available down under?!

#6 HellasHab

HellasHab

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 823 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

The prices on the a-la-carte channels are ridiculous.

I would agree and also add that the complete package price is also ridiculously expensive. There is no way I would pay 73 bucks for that package, especially with the crappy programming that most of these channels air these days.

The a la carte prices are just plain crazy IMO?! :blink: For me $15 a month is too much for one channel but $31 is simply mind blowing.

Kolossos, any idea why the heck this service is so expensive in Australia?! I would wager that the UBI is to blame- either they are greedy and are charging way too much for their service OR they overpaid to get the rights to these channels and are now trying to recoup the costs by charging exorbitant sums?!

#7 Kolossos

Kolossos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

I would agree and also add that the complete package price is also ridiculously expensive.  There is no way I would pay 73 bucks for that package, especially with the crappy programming that most of these channels air these days. 

The a la carte prices are just plain crazy IMO?! :blink:   For me $15 a month is too much for one channel but $31 is simply mind blowing.

Kolossos, any idea why the heck this service is so expensive in Australia?!  I would wager that the UBI is to blame- either they are greedy and are charging way too much for their service OR they overpaid to get the rights to these channels and are now trying to recoup the costs by charging exorbitant sums?!

I would guess bringing the channels down here would cost more then the USA and renting satellite space over Australia as there is not much competition in that area so that is another thing to consider with these high costs. Also would be less subscribers here then the USA so higher costs per subscriber to cover costs. And they do have the exclusive rights to all there channels with the exception of Ant1 and ERT so that would be higher costs again and Ant1 is an expensive channel to gain the rights to, to what I've been told....

And the reason why I think UBI have Ant1 now is cause UBI bought/took over Selectv last December and Ant1 was part of the deal, thats why they moved all us Greek Subscribers from Optus D2 satellite to Intelsat 8 satellite last month as thats where all Greek selectv subscribers were.

I can't remember a time when the USA had all channels on one platform so not sure what the price difference would be if there were all on one platform it might be abit cheaper there by a few dollars but not much.

Home2US full package is : $46.99
Dish Network : $24.99

So I think it would be very similar if you have the same situation there. I think the low dish network price also is because you need to subscribe to there base package first before getting greek IMO

Edited by Kolossos, 10 June 2011 - 03:13 PM.

#8 Kolossos

Kolossos

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:15 PM

Wow, it looks like Greek channel changes have spread to Australia now.  :D

I wonder what prompted the move to UBI World TV for ANT1?!  I guess they finally realized that they would make more money if they joined the rest of the channels at UBI instead of going it alone?!

With this move to UBI World TV, I wonder if ANT1 Prime will show up in Australia at some point?!  Also, I noticed that they don't carry Rythmos FM & NovaSPORT FM, I guess those stations are not available down under?!

We don't get Rythmos or Novasport Radios but have 14 other radio channels so I think there not really needed :)

Edited by Kolossos, 10 June 2011 - 03:15 PM.

#9 gang3171

gang3171

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 09:31 PM

I can't remember a time when the USA had all channels on one platform so not sure what the price difference would be if there were all on one platform it might be abit cheaper there by a few dollars but not much.

Home2US full package is : $46.99
Dish Network : $24.99

So I think it would be very similar if you have the same situation there.

It would be approx. $72.00-so you're right Kolossos it would be about the same price also if everything here was on 1 platform.

Before December 1st 2006 everything was on Dish Network but there was no Alpha or Star over here at that time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users