Phantis Forums

LOSC Lille - AEK FC / OAKA

nightsurfer

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A fantastic result for AEK!!!

I am soo happy!!

Lets not get ahead of ourselves though, unless we beat AC on match day 5, a loss at Anderlect will mean we finish on the bottom of the group.A draw would see us 3rd and through to the Uefa Cup, which would be a good result too!!! At the same time, we still have a very good chance to finish 2nd. Lille should beat Anderlect at home though, meaning we will have to beat AC and Anderlect to finish 2nd.

About time is all i can say, but the way i see it we are 50% chance of finishing 4th, 45% chance of 3rd and 5% chance of 2nd. If we had beaten Anderlect at home or got a point away to Lille we would be in a much better possition.

Oh well, savour it while it lasts, hopefully we can give AC a big shock in 3 weeks time!!!

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

I was in OAKA...

Very bad performance by AEK ....

Extremely nice goal ... SUPER Result

And the Stands... Magic!

Pushed the team all the way! Fantastic night ....!

.....lucky you...for attending this atmosphere... B)

What was the crowd ? 35K to 40K ?

+ +

I think we are not good enough for the 2nd round of the CL...and also it would be not good for us... on the long term..

I prefer the 3rd spot and UEFA qualification... that would be better for us for the future....

I mean if we can qualify for the 3rd spot..., as it s still difficult

Next year then, we can attack the 2nd round of the CL ;)

In my opinion psychologically this was a very important victory.... Lille was the better team... lucky us, we took the win...and can now internalize "a winner conscience" especially for the young players.., who are our future.

+ +

We played also bad due psycholligical blockades.... this first victory can solve many things on "head & mind matters"

We can play better than that.

+

Keita is a super player.... he was bought from a team in Katar..

Greeks usually snob "no name" players...and want always the big name.....

Alla afth ine h mangia..... na agorasis paixthdes pou then tou xeri kanenas...kai na sou vgainoune diamantia...

Alla prepi na exeis "to mati" gia afto.....

I heard it was around 50K...

and I agree with Nightsurfer... this helps us psychologically...

I truely believe that Greek teams are almost afraid to win. There were times in the last 10 minutes of that game, that I thought AEK was "waiting" for Lille to score... :blink:

LYBE! :nw: LYBE! :nw: LYBE! :nw:

Bravo paihtara mou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fantastic goal! If that was Rooney or Ronaldinho everyone would be raving about it. It was a world class strike! In fairness though AEK were poor last night. They were the better side but that wasn't saying much. What shocked me was the lack of urgency in the play! I'm shocked Emerson was subbed, he was playing very well. I also was very impressed with Cirillo and Hemetaj and Zikos but the overall display was lethargic. Georgeas is quite possibly the worst full back I've ever seen, he has no pace, no positional sense, and gives the ball away in dangerous positions. AEK will have to up their game by 300% to get a result against Milan. Bravo though for the win, and bravo to the AEKTSIDES for the wondersul atmosphere created last night. PAME YIA 16!! :tup:

P.S. the official attendance was 32,000 but the English commentators were saying that the stadium was half full so thats a rough estimate I suppose. Does anyone know the capacity of OAKA?

Liberopoulos savours the moment

Thursday, 2 November 2006

AEK Athens FC forward Nikolaos Liberopoulos was on cloud nine after his powerful strike gave the Greek team victory against LOSC Lille Metropole last night, reigniting their hopes of progress in the UEFA Champions League as well as making a little bit of history.

Wait ends

The 31-year-old Greek international scored from long range with 16 minutes left at the Athens Olympic Spyros Louis Stadium as Lorenzo Serra Ferrer's side broke the spirit of a determined Lille who had been playing for nearly an hour with 10 men following the first-half dismissal of defender Efstathios Tavlaridis for two bookable offences. Liberopoulos's goal gave AEK their first-ever win in the group stageat the 22nd attempt and put them on four points in Group H - one behind second-placed Lille - with two games remaining.

'Wonderful feeling'

"This was definitely one of the most important goals of my carrer as it has given AEK their first victory in the Champions League after such a long wait," Liberopoulos told uefa.com. "I saw I had some space and I made up my mind to try and beat the defender and have a shot. It was a wonderful feeling when I saw the ball go in the net and saw the reaction of the fans."

Milan hope

Liberopoulos now believes AEK can get a result against group leaders AC Milan in Athens on Matchday 5. "Milan are a very big team and of course it's going to be a lot tougher for us," he said. "But it's only 90 minutes and anything can happen. If we play to the best of our ability then we can compete with them. We are feeling very excited about that match."

Posted Image

:nw: :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw: :gr: :nw:

I watched the game streaming on Uefa.com

The english commentator said "50k or so people here"

Like I posted, thats what I heard.  I was not there.

live or recorded ?

It's only with realplayer possible, correct ?

Nightsurfer,

Uefa.com no longer works with Real Player.

It switched to Windows Media Player this season and the service is greatly improved.

20.000 - 30.000 - 40.000

Who cares!

You should be in when the Stands went of fire 10 minutes into the second half pushing the team to go a level up ...

Everybody was on their feet!

The sooner we build a new Ground the sooner this amazing crowd will push AEK to another level...

20.000 - 30.000 - 40.000

Who cares!

You should be in when the Stands went of fire 10 minutes into the second half pushing the team to go a level up ...

Everybody was on their feet!

The sooner we build a new Ground the sooner this amazing crowd will push AEK to another level...

Glad you had a good time. With Nikolaidis as president AEK are def heading in the right direction. The new stadium will be the icing on the cake.

I look at Olympiakos and I see a side that was potentially great, Olympiakos have had a handful of top players to build around (Rivaldo, Djole, Zahovic, Ze Elias, Kapsis, Giovanni, etc), ok they were at the club at different times but Olympiakos have always had a handful of top players at any given time, Kokkali could have made the club a top side without spending too many millions, i.e. like Lyon. He didn't put his hand in his pocket though and now Djole, Ribo, Stoltidi, etc, are on their way out. Once they go its over.

I look at PAO and I see a side that had a passionate collection of talented Greek players that were the heart and soul of the club (Basinas, Kyriakos, Goumas, Nikopolidis, Lyperopulos, Konstantinou, etc), even the foreigners loved the club and country with everything they had (Henriksen, Epalle, etc). They had a solidarity and with the atmosphere at Leoforo they were always dangerous in Europe. But Vardinoyianni is a crazy bastard and has killed the side.

Whereas when I look at AEK I see a chairman that genuinely loves the club. He's building a club that will be the future of Greek football. It's so refreshing to see in times like this, and I'm so happy for you, the fans, but the No. 1 fan that deserves every success is Nikolaidi. Bravo re manga!

:gr: :gr: :gr:

I watched the game streaming on Uefa.com

The english commentator said "50k or so people here"

Like I posted, thats what I heard.  I was not there.

live or recorded ?

It's only with realplayer possible, correct ?

Live file... Best thing that ever happened for me and AEK. It cost me about $10 to watch the game live and then only about $2 to watch it on tape.

The quality is very good and it rarely has to buffer. The best part is I can leave work early and go home and watch it instead of staying at work and listening to Era sport (and not being able to handle it when then cut to a commercial right before a scoring opportunity).

Archived