Phantis Forums

Biscan Leaving?

Tsoglani

STOP it, re! Don't play with our emotions.....

I wonder if we could have gotten someone better for the $3.5 million we spent on Biscan.... At least Vyntras is alot cheaper...

Perhaps someday PAO will field 11 players instead of 9 or less.... :whistle:

PS>to clarify: I count those who contribute AND those do NOT contribute to the starting 11, but I subtract the ones who actually do DAMAGE to our team :bangin:

zaec brought him here

yes he did dude regardless that he was working at portsmouth....zaec has always had ties with tzigger after he stopped playing........and advised tsigger about these croatian signings. I was in greece in 03 when zaec was boss.....and we were suppose to sign igor then,. Zaec is responisble for the rubbish signings MITU.biscan, adric

Releasing Bican would be a good move.

It would send a signal that this kind of apathy on the pitch is not tolerated. Buy his contract and send him on his way as soon as possible.

He came along with Conceicao to be the example for our young players and did more damage than anyone could have imagined.

Am I the only Pao fan to actually like Biscan ?

I understrand that he looks like he doesn't try to much, but I really think that he is quite useful as a player.

He does the dirty work, he wins headers in the air (both in offence and defece).

He can get you on the couner attack after asmart steal.

His only weakness is that he doesn;t have a strong shoot.

Honestly I believe that it is good for the team's profile to have players with expensive buget.

Players like Biscan and ex. Victor are good to have, even if our expectations are higher cause they are famous because of their past.

I strongly belive that expensive players with low offensive capabilities are not marketable for greece ex: Olympiaco's last Summer's defencive expencive transfers cause fans expect from them more than they should.

it makes me understand why kokalis all these years except this last season, why he only bought expencive forwards...

Am I the only Pao fan to actually like Biscan ?

I understrand that he looks like he doesn't try to much, but I really think that he is quite useful as a player.

He does the dirty work, he wins headers in the air (both in offence and defece). [and turns his back often]

He can get you on the couner attack after asmart steal. [REALLY?!!!!!!!!!!!! I've missed that]

His only weakness is that he doesn;t have a strong shoot. [not on target though!!!]

Honestly I believe that it is good for the team's profile to have players with expensive buget. [hmmmm, money to burn]

Players like Biscan and ex. Victor are good to have, even if our expectations are higher cause they are famous because of their past.

I strongly belive that expensive players with low offensive capabilities are not marketable for greece ex: Olympiaco's last Summer's defencive expencive transfers cause fans expect from them more than they should.

it makes me understand why kokalis all these years except this last season, why he only bought expencive forwards...

Usually you write good stuff... what happened today with ..Biscan??!!! :1eye:

I can't believe you say it's good to have expensive players!!!!!!!!! (even if they don't earn their high salary!!!) Tell me, please, where and when Biscan's fame & resume uplifted our team or any other player???!!!! NEVER! I think players like him {I know he played OK the other day, but this doesn't change his contributions so far} are NOT good for out team. Use the $ to give incentives to others AND promote Greek talent.

Enough of "big" names-primadonas and has-beens like Flavio. PAO is not a retirement home where you sit on the porch and tell old stories!.... You need players that earn their pay by being professionals and put a little something to advancing the team... they have to prove what they can do for us in the present, because THEIR past glory is NOT OUR glory!

PS>Biscan turns his back when an attacker takes a shot. It cost us a goal by Rivaldo. Was he the same guy who turned his back when Mlada had a shot to the post the other day?.... (Watch the video)

Please don't compare us with Kokalistan.

It's good to have high profile/high salary players who produce. If they don't produce on a consistent basis they become counterproductive and a problem for the team chemistry.

Imagine being that young player who plays DM and produces whenever he gets a chance, but you are relegated to the bench because the high salary player has to play. Would you feel good about the team? Would you feel that it is a little unfair?

As for Biscan, if I remember correctly, everyone on this board seemed to like last summer. I think only one person (can't remember who) had said "Biscan sucks" when he signed. Now this person is proven right. Biscan has not done much for the team since last year.

He has consistently underachieved and has caused me to pull fists full of my own hair when I watch opposing teams counterattacking while our overpaid DM trails the play by ten meters because he is too slow to catch up.

Biscan is not Panathinaikos caliber player. He is too slow to play DM, and too soft to play stopper. I'd rather see Leontiou or Tziolis get more chances, and it would be nice to distribute the money we save if he leaves among the youth (or buy a promising stopper.)

Archived