Phantis Forums

New coach: Momcilo Vukotic

Ziaka

PAE PAOK has announced the new coach for the team. He is the 54-year old Serbian Momcilo Vukotic.

Here is is his coaching career:

Partizan Beograd

Panionios (1989-1992)

Apollon Lemessos (1992-1994)

Nea Salamina (1994-1996)

Ethnikos Achnas (1996-1999)

Serbia NT (together with Savicevic and Filipovic) (2001-2004)

Cyprus NT (2004-2005)

Farul (Romania) (2006)

He is the coach that drove Panionios to relegation into B' Division while he was coaching the team. Also as a coach of the NT of Cyprus the only "positive" result he managed was a tie against Faroe Islands.

It appears that Goumenos found himself a sucker that would take the coaching job under current circumstances. He is coming to Thessqaloniki to sign until the end of the season.

God help us!!!

We are allready almost down the hill. The next step is D' Division.

The problem at PAOK is not who will be the coach. The problem is the management. As long as we have Goumenos running the team, PAOK will suffer.

I wish they just let Sarafis coach the team instead of bringing in this clown for 8 months and pay him 125K (not that he will see any of that money) on top of that.

We are allready almost down the hill. The next step is D' Division.

Ziaka, why the D Division? Is that what the punishment is if Goumenos does not pay his outstanding debts.

I also think we should have stuck with Sarafis.

If Dimitrescu quit hoping to get the PAO job, and since that position is filled now, I wonder where he will end up.

Well according to the law if PAOK goes bankcrupt it is D' Division. That's assuming that the laws of the country are followed. However since they were not applied in the past (AEK, Aris, Olympiakos, etc.) I don't think they will apply in this case as well.

As for Dumi, I don't think he quit in order to get the PAO job. I think he saw the writing on the wall telling him that he is on a sinking ship. He realised that the longer he stayed on, he would be blamed for all the team problems eventually.

Like you said, we should have stuck with Sarafis until this whole Goumenos saga gets resolved.

• 1 month later...

Archived