Phantis Forums

Ethnikos signs Tsiartas

Ziaka

Ethnikos Piraeus has signed Vasili Tsiartas until the end of the season for 150,000 Euro.

George Glou who was shopping Tsiartas around for a while. He tried very hard to land him a job at PAOK, but nobody was biting. Realising that nobody wants Tsiartas, he apparently decided to let him play at team that he is involved with.

This is a good move for Tsiartas for 2 reasons

(A) Because he's not physically fit enough to play at top notch level

(B) Great for Greek Soccer in a way that fans might go out there and see more 2nd Div matches that involve Ethnikos... (Attendance going up)

The best news out of this, is he dfinitely will not come tou PAOK (Not that we can throw away 150,000 Euro right).

I believe if he came to PAOK Glou was goung to pay his salary. It just shows you how low Tsiartas's value has gone. Not even PAOK who does not have money would take him for free.

it sure will be interesting to see how he performs with Ethnikos and Giovanni.

Still is a good move for a B ehniki club to have Giovani and Tsiarta as parts of there team.If you thing about it is really cool.I hope more old great players would do that,so people would actually return and fill stadiums that now only 100 people go and watch(friends and family).

Still is a good move for a B ehniki club to have Giovani and Tsiarta as parts of there team.If you thing about it is really cool.I hope more old great players would do that,so people would actually return and fill stadiums that now only 100 people go and watch(friends and family).

i agree

i think the main reason Ethnikos got these players was to attract fans to their games. I mean watching Giovanni and Tsiartas back in 2000 would be more exciting, but these guys won't play for long so you might as well watch them play and enjoy them for the last time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived