Phantis Forums

Antenna's Double Standards

Ziaka

The assholes at Antenna decided to show the PAOK - Kalamaria game on a 2-hour tape delay instead of showing it live.

Instead of showing the game live on Antenna Satellite they first showed 10-year old sitcom (Cheek to Cheek) and then news. After the news they showed the game. Not sure what they showed on Antenna Pacific, but I believe they did not show the game live either.

I don't realy see any reason why they did this. Also in the last 8 years that Antenna showed soccer games I don't remember them ever showing the Olympiakos or AEK games on tape delay, unless those games conflicted with each other.

I find this totally unacceptable. I have allready sent them an e-mail complaining about this. I urge all the PAOKtzides (and non) in North America and Australia that rely on Antenna to see the PAOK games to complain about this. Don't let them do this again. Don't forget they have the rights for the next 3 seasons. Tell them you want to see the games live.

Here are the e-mail addressess:

Antenna Satellite (USA & Canada): [email protected]

Antenna Pacific (Australia): [email protected]

Ziaka, I also find this disturbing and I already knew the result of the game because I knew what time the game should have been on and when I didn't see the game on live, I was checking the score online. I was so disgusted with the tie that I didn't even watch the game. This goes back to the fact that we are not one of the big three in Greece (Oly, PAO, AEK).

I got mad as well. Unfortunately I found out the result too while watching the Aigaleo - Atromitos game on ERT-Sat. I decidced to watch the game, but I guees I shouldn't have considering how we played.

Anyway, I hope we take the time and complain to Antenna so it does not happen again. Don't forghet they have the PAOK rights for the next 3 seasons.

Here is the reply I got from Antenna Satellite:

Thank you very much for taking the time to contact us. The game of PAOK on Antenna Satellite was not broadcast live due to last-minute schedule changes which could not be avoided. Antenna Satellite's tactic is to show all soccer games live. Unfortunately, this is not always possible due to unscheduled changes. We apologise for the inconvenience. Please do not hesitate to contact us for further information. Kind regards, ANT1 Satellite

Archived