Phantis Forums

MadBoy13

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

prepei na xaroume tora?? 3-3.... we played a great game after 60'... giati omos ksypnisan toso arga????? pantos ta 5 euro pou plirosa aksizan. :)

tha to ksana po.... o Leontiou epekse poli kala... kai anarotieme giati auto to paidi den einai vasiko.... exei foveri pasa kai texniki poly ipsili....

O Andonson vgike giati evrise ton Giangiain..... epeidi tou edose mia odigia.... em ti perimeneis... o Bakke ton efere... kai o Bakke tora einai sxoliastis stin souidiki tileorasi....

by the way... awsome goal from Salpi!!!

o Velits.... voithise arketa tin omada me tis allages tou..... poooo ti apisteuti eukairia pou xasame sto 93.... re malakes... pano stin grammi akrivos dioksane...

saw first 2 goals......

Morris directly responsible for both of them. What an idiot.

Why on earth if your in trouble on the sidelines would you hit the ball low in the center???? if youre in trouble you hit it upfield to a wing or out even. NEVER pass the ball through the box- especially if youre not looking!

2nd goal.....morris has no idea to clear or shiedl and lets Oforique sneak it past.

Wow, what a game!

Once again we waisted a whole half playing like [you know what], and conceding three very silly goals.

The first two goals were the result of really bad defense. No conditioning, no scapegoats, no bad pre-season. The first two goals were plain stupid for a team like PAO.

The third goal was the result of OFI passing the ball around out goal from left to right with countless passes until they scored. Again, unacceptable team play by everyone on our team.

I did not see the bad conditioning that everyone is talking about. The team run like hell the entire second half. Coming back from 3-0 to tie is not an easy feat, and it does not happen very often. We even had some excellent chances to win this one, an so did OFI.

Once again, we are left with this bitter-sweet taste after this game. It could have been better, and it could have been worst. Overall, we'll take the one point, and the heart the team showed in the second half.

For those who did not see the game, here are my thoughts for what they are worth:

Ivanschitz had a monster of a game in the second half. He scored twice, and missed another one.

Here is a leadership lesson: score twice to put your team back in the game when you are three goals behind.

Leontiou replaced Vintra in the 40th minute and I thought had a great game, plugging holes in midfield, and most importantly he sent many vertical balls to the fast Salpigidis and Papadopoulos.

I have to admit that I was sceptical that he could help in a game where we were behind in the score, but I am very glad to see that he proved me wrong. He played on the right on midfield and I can't say enough good things about how he quickly finds free space to sent forward excellent passes.

Salpigidis showed his worth in the second half when he became the striker with Papadopoulos next to him. The first goal came as a result of his hustle to win a loose ball, and he scored an excellent third goal.

Morris once again had a couple of major "brain farts". He is directly responsible for the second goal, and many of the good chances OFI had came from his spot.

Ebede is not responsible for any of the goals, and he even saved some great shots to keep us in the game. He conceded the penalty, but Bovio should have cleared the ball way before Ebede got there.

The substitutes worked, even though they smelled of desperation. Suffice to say that we have no pure forward on the bench. Taking out Vintra and putting in Leontiou was a great move. Nilsson moved to RFB and Leontiou played on the right side of the midfield.

Romero for Mantzios was also a good move. It made the team more nimble and gave the opportunity to Salpigidis to play closer to goal. He had done nothing up to then as he was always marked by two and three players near the corner every time he had the ball. Romero could have been the hero when his header was cleared over on the goal line in the 93d minute (It looked like the ball was way in from my vantage point, but I am not sure).

Mantzios, is a good player, but today he was very slow in the penalty area.

Nilsson had a good game on the right, and I would not be surprised to see him start in place of Vintra.

Antonson was substituted because he swore at Jianjianin when he tried to tell him something from the bench. At least that's what the TV guy said. He did not play badly, but I think Goumas clears the ball with much more urgency from our defense.

Bovio had some good and some bad moments. Overall I think he did well. At one point he became the ball mover up front with Leontiou playing defensive half. When they switched again (Bovio moved to DM), Leontiou's ability to free himself quickly and to always look forward with some nice balls made all the difference in the second half.

Coaching: There is a reason that teams stick to four difenders the entire season. Changing defensive players often leads to goals like the first two we conceded, even when the players are equally good. The substitutes put us back in the game.

sport.gr posted the videos: http://www.sport.gr/football/hellas07/0610...001/ofhpao3.asp

God forbid we come back with a mistake from the ofi goalie & win 2-3... we'll hear from all the people who are celebrating right now :gr:

yeah, you're so close! and we could've done so since we had 2 good chances to score very late....

nevertheless, eimaste gia klamata!

on the bright side, we're fading fast very early in the season so I won't have to stay glued to the game and skip my drives to the countryside to see the leaves change colors!!! :whistle:

for me... MVP: Ivanchitz :tup:

paidia..... sto deutero imixrono o pao epekse poly kali mpala... sto proto eimastan mpourdelo alla sto deutero apodosame foveri mpala... toulaxiston meta to 3-0

i agree 100% with cyberfish, excellent post megale. If panathinaikos want to win this title they must be able to beat teams like OFI easily 3-0. The season has just began and we are slipping. We MUST defeat oly at the OAKA and Karaiskaki or u can forget the superleague title for PAO

No, I don't think we played "foveri balla"... And, even if agree with you, this is not a performance worthy of PAO. Any other stronger team would not be as forgiving as OFI and would be up by 5. We did NOT control the game. 20 minutes of OK ball playing are NOT enough.

Leontiou should be a starter. Vyntra out for good. Morris has lost 80% of his game in the last 1.5yrs. We had a bad defense last year, we still do this year.

on the line almost 3-4

yes and to end a overall very bad performance by both linesmen!

they where close to give us that goal(it appaers he cleared it on the line but the ball was in the air)!

and with the shiity cameras from greece situations like this u can never tell when one is offside or when the has passed the line!

and about the game a couple of players is within our team but should not!

nillson(has played above ability before joining us)

our team has some people working there who should not be even at our training ground!

and theese are not players they how higher positions(help coaches-fitness coaches- and finally maybe even apostollakis)

apostolakis was hired to be the link bettween the managment and players and in general make sure their confidence are high(palyers) well he is not doing a good job!

during the offseason we made moves which most of favored & i believe we still favor... But we didnt care about our defence which has been a strong point for us & had helped us in the CL in the past... We didnt sign a big defender & this is hurting us

during the offseason we made moves which most of favored & i believe we still favor... But we didnt care about our defence which has been a strong point for us & had helped us in the CL in the past... We didnt sign a big defender & this is hurting us

ego pisteuo oti i amyna mas kopike... apo tin stigmi pou efyge o Kyrgiakos!

ti na poume gia ton mauropoulo???? thimaste me ton Gkeka perisi... pou akirose ena kanonikotato goal??? i pou ton kopsane sto mundial???

kai autos o kyrios sfyraei stin super league..... elladara sto megaleio sou.

Ok, Montreal, I'll bite.

Slick13 is right.

The penalty was signaled by the assistant, not the referee. It was not a penalty. Ebede did not even touch the guy. Nice dive though.

The same assistant stopped Papadopoulos who was running alone towards the goal. No way this was an offside.

The same assistant did not see that the ball was well beyond the goal line before it was kicked by the Wellington.

The same assistant is the one who disalowed a goal by Gekas last year

The same assistant is the one who did not pass the physical so Vasaras was disqualified from refereeing in the World Cup.

I usually, don't make excuses for our failures, but this is weird.

:LOL:

Den einai gia gelia! Mporei o Panathinakios na ekane akomi mia aparadekti emfanisi me tous amyntikous tou na ka8ontai san agalmata mesa sthn perioxh, alla h diaithsia tous esfa3e se dyo toulaxiston faseis pou h mia htan gkol pou dexthkan kai h alli diko tous gkol pou eprepe na metrhsei.

Na paradexomaste toulaxiston ta of8almofani an 8eloume na paei mprosta to podosfairo...

Archived