Phantis Forums

SL-R4 (2006-07): PAOK - Ergotelis

Ziaka

On Saturday PAOK hosts Ergotelis at Toumba. Following the loss to Olympiakos, the team needs to rebound and get the 3 points from this match.

Hopefully Dumitrescu will make some changes on the team. For one he will be missing Zagorakis due to injuries. I would also like to see Iliadis and Balafas starting. Also Giasemakis should not be starting. I think it's time Torghelle starts.

Hopefully the PAOK fans turn out and support the team.

The game will be televised live on Supersport in Greece, Antenna Satellite in USA/Canada, and Antenna pacific in Australia. It should also be available on the web through the Supersport web site.

Ziaka, I agree with you. I also want to see as many young players in there as possible; Illiadis, Balafas, Arabatsis, etc. I think Torghelle should definitely play. I don't want to see Gonzales as he has shown me absolutely nothing so far.

Let's not fool ourselves, we are aiming for a top five finish and not a top three finish this year; therfore, get the youngsters in there to gain valuable experience. It can only help us in the years to come. I just wish we had Christothoulopoulos; we lost a good one boys.

I think we will come out victorious (2-0) in this one, but we have a tendentcy to tie these type of games in the last couple years.

Paok needs to win this but more important they need to show an improved face, as the first three games we have been very ordinary.

However, given what just happened with the riots at vazelakia I am more looking forward to next week, and getting a result over in Athens against the vazeles.

It seems that Dumi is thinking of using the following line-up using a 4-3-3 formation:

GK: Fernandes

D: Arabatzis, Barcauan, Melissis, Konstantinidis

M: Balafas, Iliadis, Zegarra

O: Charalambidis, Torghelle, Mieciel

Possible deviation might be Vaggelis instead of Zegarra.

Personally I was waiting PAOK to have a better showing in their 1-0 win. Regardsless a win is a win. I absolutely loved the way Illiadis played in this game and Torghelle is starting to play better as he gets used to Dimitrescu's and PAOK's style. Also, I was happy with the way our young players performed. Like I said before, we need to keep our core of young players together and I think we will have a good team in the years to come. Finally, I don't normally complain about the refs, and I expect us not to get calls in away games against the BIG 3 (Olymiakos, PAO, & AEK) from Athens, but the refs were just disgusting today. Give me a break, we were getting calls against us at home against Ergotelis.

Time to get ready for the big game against PAO next week.

PAME PAOKARA, VALTE TA DINATA SAS.

well done to PAOK. Next week we have vazelakia, and if the refs are not against us we should be able to get a result in Athens given their halia. ( however, fat chance since PAO won away to panionios with an 86 min penatly while Panionio had a clear Penalty turned down in extra time).

You can see our goal here. Also Iliadis looks like he might not be ready for next game given his injury.

http://www.goal4replay.net/GoalWatch.asp?ID=434

What counts are the 3 points. I think with time the play of the team will improve.

Yes, the ref made some questionable calls, including the point where he ended the game with Charalambidis having a good chance to go on a break away.

The most dissapointing fact for me was the low attendance for the game. Only 3,778.

Here is the line up with player ratings according to Sportime.gr

Archived