Phantis Forums

Aegaleo – Panathinaikos

HOLLYWOOD

Bad news is all the tickets were sold out :(

good news is glad to see I was proven wrong by these guys B)

Salpiggidis will definitly be a good player for us...but to be fair he didnt exactly score "beauties" in the last 2 but goals are goals and he deserves the credit.

First 30 minutes were the same as with Anderlecht......crap crap crap kicking longballs from defense to forward and wings, and almost completly univolving the midfield. That stopped after that and PAO put goot pressure as well as midfield movement, ball on the GROUND and Salpiggidis found the net alone and slotted it in the lower corner...good move....

Second goal was bad communication but Salpiggidis was fast enough and made a clever tackle and the ball rolled in......

Third goal was off a corner, Antonsson headed striaght at goal where Salpiggidis was and changed the direction on it cleverly to take a 3rd...

4th goal also some credit to Salpi.....for a short guy had a clever header off the post, which went back to Tziolis who hit the post, then Papadopoulos took a sip of his frappe, put it down then kicked it in to celebrate.

Lots of green fans....sold out there section and you could hardly get in...also the stadium looks nice that its repainted looks much less ghetto...Only some stupid kids throwing bottles over nothing (if it was something really outrageous than i could understand, but for nothing than its just ridicilous) ruined it....not as bad as Kokkaliskaki but still idiots are idiots regardless of what colour they wear...what can you do.

Good win 4-1

Few thoughts now that the game is fresh for those who could not see it:

Good to see us score 4 away goals even though the team does not look ready yet.

The new players seem to make a difference, with Salpigidis scoring three times.

Galinovich saved a penalty and a couple of other difficult shots, while he could do nothing to prevent the goal.

Vintra is targeted by the opponents as the weak link. It looked as if they were going out of their way to isolate Agritis (or someone else) against him. He looked shaky, and against better teams it could cost us.

Antonson is a positive influence and very sure in his marking.

Biscan: if he keeps this game up he will be the joy of opposing coaches. He had a very difficult role as a RDM since he was pressing forward very often, but he lacked initiative, he could barely execute the basics (control the ball, give it to a player with the same color jersey, etc), and he is very discreet in his defensive duties. It could cost us against better teams.

Bovio looks like a positive influence. He can mark and he can move the ball forward fast. He also insisted on executing all the set pieces.

Ivanchitz was ok, but he's only been with the team few days and it looks like he can help.

Romero was marked by two and three players every time the ball came near him. I think Hatzaras thought that stopping him was the key for Egaleo.

Salpigidis had a dreamy debut. He scored three goals, had a header on the post, and his speed was felt by the opponents.

Papadopoulos played hard and helped the team down the left. He gave the assist on the first goal, and scored one goal.

In general the team looked disjointed, but the skill of few individual players made the difference (Salpigidis, and Papadopoulos), and for the first time in years we have players that can deliver set pieces with authority (Ivanchitz and Bovio did well with free kicks).

Lets hope for good season.

Edit:

I watched the game again and it looks like we played a formation like this:

--------------Galinovic-------------

Vintra---Goumas--Antonsson--Darlas

---------------Bovio----------------

----------Biscan--Ivanchitz-------

Romero-----Salpigidis---Papadopoulos

Two thoughts here: Bovio looked comfortable as the lone DMF, but Biscan did not do as well in his role.

I saw clips of the game, not impressed by the level of play, but we clearly outclassed Aegaleo. HOWEVER, we have to improve alot if we are to win the more difficult matches.

Biscan and Vyntra must be replaced. They were and often are our weakest links. Hopefully Bake will realize that they are NOT helping our team. I really don't understand how these two players have been starting on our team..... I had the same question with Zutautas (remember him?!!!)

I liked Bake's inclusion of Gekas in the 18 man roster. Gekas was a possible sub. I like to see a manager trying to use the best possible combination of players regardless... Gekas is not my favorite player, but the kid has tried to help my team and appreciate that. I believe players should be treated with respect and be put to use or ged rid of them. Sanmartean's case was UNACCEPTABLE.... to pay someone not to play....

Congrats to PAO for starting on a high note.

Athinaios:

If Bake insists to play with this midfield formation, Biscan will probably be replaced by Romero when Victor is finally ready.

something like:

---------------Galinovic-------------

Vintra--Goumas--Antonsson--Darlas

----------------Bovio----------------

------Romero---------Ivanchitz------

Victor--------Salpigidis-----------Pap

As for Vintra, I like the kid but he has been a liability for the past year. I hope he improves, or we will be looking for a RFB in December.

Salpiggidis will definitly be a good player for us...but to be fair he didnt exactly score "beauties" in the last 2 but goals are goals and he deserves the credit.

First 30 minutes were the same as with Anderlecht......crap crap crap kicking longballs from defense to forward and wings, and almost completly univolving the midfield. That stopped after that and PAO put goot pressure as well as midfield movement, ball on the GROUND and Salpiggidis found the net alone and slotted it in the lower corner...good move....

Second goal was bad communication but Salpiggidis was fast enough and made a clever tackle and the ball rolled in......

Third goal was off a corner, Antonsson headed striaght at goal where Salpiggidis was and changed the direction on it cleverly to take a 3rd...

4th goal also some credit to Salpi.....for a short guy had a clever header off the post, which went back to Tziolis who hit the post, then Papadopoulos took a sip of his frappe, put it down then kicked it in to celebrate.

Lots of green fans....sold out there section and you could hardly get in...also the stadium looks nice that its repainted looks much less ghetto...Only some stupid kids throwing bottles over nothing (if it was something really outrageous than i could understand, but for nothing than its just ridicilous) ruined it....not as bad as Kokkaliskaki but still idiots are idiots regardless of what colour they wear...what can you do.

Your trying to find a negative spin on the salpi goals......the bottom line is.... your favourite player gkekas wouldnt have scored ANY of the goals salpi scored today.... NOT 1!!!

there is the difference drakos....

If u consider they played the game in almost 40 degree heat.... it was a good win. The level of play was nothing special... but we will get better.... for some reason i have faith in Bakke as a coach.

Bakke eventually wants to tune the team into a 4-4-2 system.... to which he may even include Gkekas..(if he doesnt find another team). He has a calmness about him... i like it... :tup:

Drakos... gkekas may still play this season for pao..... do u still prefer him over salpi??? :blink:

Hi guys,

I saw Salpi got a hat-rick on debut for you guys. Good luck to him I personally wish all the best except against PAOK. As for Gekkas v Salpi, there is a great gulf in class between the two. Salpi is by far the more accomplished player, and I think that was shown tonight. All the best guys, now I just want Salpi to do the same against Gaybros.....

First 30 minutes were the same as with Anderlecht......crap crap crap kicking longballs from defense to forward and wings, and  almost completly univolving the midfield. That stopped after that and PAO put goot pressure as well as midfield movement, ball on the GROUND and Salpiggidis found the net alone and slotted it in the lower corner...good move....

Lots of green fans....sold out there section and you could hardly get in...also the stadium looks nice that its repainted looks much less ghetto...Only some stupid kids throwing bottles over nothing (if it was something really outrageous than i could understand, but for nothing than its just ridicilous)  ruined it....not as bad as Kokkaliskaki but still idiots are idiots regardless of what colour they wear...what can you do.

Your trying to find a negative spin on the salpi goals......the bottom line is.... your favourite player gkekas wouldnt have scored ANY of the goals salpi scored today.... NOT 1!!!

there is the difference drakos....

If u consider they played the game in almost 40 degree heat.... it was a good win. The level of play was nothing special... but we will get better.... for some reason i have faith in Bakke as a coach.

Bakke eventually wants to tune the team into a 4-4-2 system.... to which he may even include Gkekas..(if he doesnt find another team). He has a calmness about him... i like it... :tup:

Drakos... gkekas may still play this season for pao..... do u still prefer him over salpi??? :blink:

what negative spin man. I am a REALIST.

I never put a negative spin on Salpiggidis goals. Goals are goals and he deserves the credit. What am I wrong? They werent pretty but theyre goals. Did you even see them?

Im not turning a game thread into a Gkekas/Salpi contest or arguement. There are aspects of both players I like and dislike. My problem with your criticsm is that your arguement between them was very...lame.

And now you contradict yourself. Heres Your justification for Gkekas is a s%$#! player is in previous threads:

he scores against the little teams

and trash goals

now according to YOUR own lame arguement applied to Salpiggidis,

His Salpiggidis goals arent really anything, because it was only Aigeleo, and 2 of them were from 1/2 a meter away. Thats your reasoning. Not mine.

and Gkekas would not score one goal..today...my ass. im sure Gkekas, who scores by the tons, could have not score any tet a tets, or shots from less than a meter away Since he never does that..

Come on man, if you prefer Salpiggidis for techical reasons fine, I have no problems but now youre just sounding like an idiot. :tdown:

and if you want to know who I prefer - I dont think its fair to judge just yet its been only one game. I think it should be a matter of form. Whoever is more in form should get the place. Salpiggidis is more useful in a different type of game. For majority of games I think Id prefer Salpiggidis, his acceleration is just too much. Other situations Mantzios is good. But Gkekas can still be a useful player to us, and Backe did mention something about maybe going to the 4-4-2 and if Pap continues to struggle in passes and on the ball and make smart runs own the flanks. Who knows maybe Gkekas and Salpiggidis are great together, one speed and dangerous outside the area the other is great at making breakings runs in the area/in the air...

Also Id add that the players comments of PAO were also not overexcited with their performance...Id agree the result is great but we have to keep getting better and working hard.

Good win, not really great football but when you see so many players playing together for the first time (and scoring 4!) you can only be optimistic about the future!

Good start for Salpi as well,,,,(@Vardari) There is no way this kid will let us down!!!

First 30 minutes were the same as with Anderlecht......crap crap crap kicking longballs from defense to forward and wings, and

a good win vs a team that has given us fits in the past.... offensivly it was like lighting in a bottle with Salpi up front... I still wasnt impressed with the mids...

Bovio had a good 1st half, then disappeared in the 2nd, which he was smartly replaced by Bakke for Tziolis who played well the rest of the game...

Ivanstich played well & there seems to be alot of potential there...The Defence seemed solid except for Vyndra who will be picked on all year...

if we get some crisp passing with some creativity there a lot to hope for this year :tup:

Archived