Phantis Forums

i am off to Greece tomorow!

slick13

One question if i may,how in gods name you guys went from (i am off to Greece) to (who made pizza first)??????Only in this forum.... :nw:

:LOL:

I was thinking the same thing. It was nice to see the thread titled "I am off to Greece tomorrow". I thought to myself I'll check it out and wish slick13 a nice trip. What do I see, guys debating the creation of pizza and who has the biggest organs! :LOL:

I'm sure slick will be surprised when he checks to see how far off the topic his thread has gone. :LOL:

:D  :P  :P

I am slowly getting hungry thinking about eating brizola(pork)-kembap and souvlaki!

get your psola in some Hellenic gomenitses! Some of the hottest and superficial women on earth down Hellas way.

I was in the patrida in Feb/Mar and I loved it. I will probably never get to experience a Greek summer as I hate heat and when the temperature is 18 degrees in Athens it's not exactly freezing. I was round down town Athina with a T-shirt in the sun and I was passing the dopioi wearing trench coats, gloves and scarves! These clowns probably thought I was a weirdo!

They would be half right - I am weird because I am better than them and I am not a sheep.

Ohh another thing, I will never wear white pants (so favoured in pervious years by many Greek men) unless I am going for a black belt in karate or somfing.....

anyway chaps....as you were....im home from work as I have ear and sinus infection...h mama mou tha ftiaksei fide

The Greek anthem, but what i dont undertsnad he had 40 Mexicans behind the counter working :LOL:

It's the US of A. They have the right to cut costs by exploiting desperate 3rd world employees. I hope you gave them a tip as the owner probably pays them a few dollars an hour with not benefits.

I've been to USA 2 times in the last 3 years and I have been shocked at how bad some people live. On avarage people in Greece live better than a bulk of the American population.

well will i dont like to be a professor either,

but greeks were the first to make pizza as i did a study on it for hospitality at school a few years back.

why is pizza known to be italian?? greeks made it and italians stole it and served it as a breakfast food to their queen in napoli. centuries later they started selling it in shops and cafes. but bottom line pizza is greek.

so excuse me for borrowing a few italian statues to put it in front of the shop.

:gr:

You're probably right my friend.

My brother owns a pizza shop and he constantly gets questioned in a half joking way from many of his customers why a Greek owns a Pizzeria.

It is semi offensive that the Italians who not ownly buy Greek olive oil and rebrand it as an Italian product can get away with claiming it as Italian, are so ignorant and obviously arrogant when it comes to the idea of pizza as being at least inspired by the Greeks.

My understanding is that Greeks were making flat breads with various basic toppings and serving them way before there was ever an Italian people or nation. The Messinians brought the idea with them when they migrated to what was then the Greek colonies in Italy.

It's the US of A. They have the right to cut costs by exploiting desperate 3rd world employees. I hope you gave them a tip as the owner probably pays them a few dollars an hour with not benefits.

I've been to USA 2 times in the last 3 years and I have been shocked at how bad some people live. On avarage people in Greece live better than a bulk of the American population.

Megale if you haven't lived in the USA you really can't compare it to anywhere else. It is impossible to really see how people live on whole while on holiday.

what!? i think its fair to say you havent seen enough of the USA. As a tourist I would think its not really possible to understand the society anywhere, but even moreso in the US.

Live worse than in Greece? What part of Greece? What part of USA? Overall the bulk of the population has the highest maybe second to norway/sweden standard of living in the world. That is a fact, plain and simple.

Everybody has a different idea of what is good living...in europe many people think a high standard is having government provide for its citizens benefits and social services etc, in the USA the idea is that that is limited and the citizen spends his own money the way he chooses. Its just a different way of life, some people prefer it others dont....But if you dont like it nobody makes you stay. Thats fair.

As for the Mexican guys--- have you ever spoken with any? Do you know there position?

I live/ worked in a town that is now is practically 50% hispanics now. And im talking about the East Coast, not California/Texas. They love being in America, they work harder than any people anywhere and are proud of it.

Yes the illegal ones do not receive benefits. Thats because they are illegal, and know and are willing to work without benefits! The life in the USA is so much better than what they left, they are like every other immigrant group in the USA, they start at the bottom and are working themselves up. Germans, Irish, Italians, Greeks did the exact same thing. Its not the "cruel" owners fault he can cut costs because people are willing to work for less...its just free market forces at work.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

fact is that you get used to where you live and it's difficult to change...

if you guys come and spend 2 years of your life @ the homelands you will never want to leave...and if I went to usa for 2 years I would probably not want to leave either!

It becomes a habit

I can tell you many reasons why people have a good life around here but I'm sure you can tell me yours......

endaksi paides. I didn't expect so many replies on this topic.

When I was in the US and in Canada I spent the bulk of my time with relatives and did not live as a tourist. I went shopping with them, to martial arts training with a cousin etc.

good luck with this PAO thing you guys have going. :)

bravo akritis

it seems like you and me are the only ones fighting for whats ours.

here in australia - italians claim hercules to be roman believe it or not.

kleftes :ph34r:

and heres this italian will guy complaining how some greek shop in america put italian statues at the front.

thats the only reason why im raising this issue.

bravo akritis

it seems like you and me are the only ones fighting for whats ours.

here in australia - italians claim hercules to be roman believe it or not.

kleftes :ph34r:

well it figures....most italian omogenia outside of europe is pretty clueless about italy and its culture/language/history.

I went to Madrid for tourism 3 yrs ago and got into the tourist bus for a tour of the city. I don't know how many of you have been there but there are few squares with statues of greek olympian gods like poseidon and zeus..

Well, in the tape they were called as roman gods!

And we're talking about professionals here not some guys that don't have to know history!

i have been to the city a couple times its maybe the most beautiful "big city" there is...

the statues are Roman. Iberia was Roman and thats how they speak latin languages (except basques)

Poseidon and Zeus are known as Neptune and Jupiter in Latin, and yes they are from Greek mythology but also considered Roman because the Romans adopted them..

i have been to the city a couple times its maybe the most beautiful "big city" there is...

the statues are Roman. Iberia was Roman and thats how they speak latin languages (except basques)

Poseidon and Zeus are known as Neptune and Jupiter in Latin, and yes they are from Greek mythology but also considered Roman because the Romans adopted them..

Yes dude, but they were named by their Greek names. I was in Madrid last year and the tour said, "this is Athena, the Roman goddess..."

so the tour guide is dumb...most people know athena was a greek godess and minvera was the latin one...

who knows maybe in iberia they kept the greek names for the roman equivalent gods...it doesnt really matter, we have been to olympus and no Gods are living there :LOL:

I love it.You guys now moved from pizza to USA vs Greece style of living,some mexicans in Nevada,ancient mythology gods and some dumb tour guide.You guys are my boys,totally insane and is f...g great to be GREEK. :nw: :nw: :nw: :nw:

No Drakos, as you can notice from my signature, I'm a ultras of Sambenedettese, Serie C1-B team (3rd italian league)!

But I live here, and all friends of mine are fiorentina fans, but I only love fiorentina as steak not as team :LOL:

:ph34r: ULTRAS*LIBERI :ph34r:

Archived