Phantis Forums

Third qualifying round draw

dark_horse

Drawing is held on Friday July 28th, let us hope AEK draws with a decent club like a Legia Warszaw, FK Austria Wien or Dinamo Zagreb.

The breakdown of the clubs in tommorrow's draw

Seeded

AC Milan (ITA) :tdown:

Liverpool FC (ENG)

Arsenal FC (ENG)

Valencia (ESP)

AFC Ajax (NED)

LOSC Liile Metropole (FRA)

SL Benfica (POR)

NK Gorica (SLO) / FC Steaua Bucuresti (ROM)

PFC CSKA Moskva (RUS)

AEK Athens (GRE)

FHK Liepajas Metalurga (LAT) / FC Dynamo Kyiv (UKR)

PFC Levski Sofia (BUL) / Sioni Bolnisi (GEO)

FC Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

Galatasary SK (TUR)

Hamburger SV (GER)

FC Slovan Liberec (CZE)

Unseeded

Fenerbahce SK (TUR) / B36 Torshavn (FAR)

FK Austria Wien (AUT)

CA Osasuna (ESP)

AC Chievo Verona (ITA)

FC Sheriff (MDA) / FC Spartak Moskva (RUS)

FK Ekranas (LTU) / NK Dinamo Zagreb (CRO)

Cork City FC (IRL) / FK Crvena Zvezda (SER)

Heart of Midlothian FC (SCO) / NK Siroki Brijeg (BIH)

Maccabi Haifa FC (ISR)

R. Standard de Liege (BEL)

FC Kobenhavn (DEN) / Myllykosken Pallo-47 (FIN)

FH Hafnarfjordur (ISL) / Legia Warszawa (POL)

Debreceni VSC (HUN) / FK Rabotnicki (MKD)

FK Mlada Boleslav (CZE) / Valerenga IF (NOR)

FC Zurich (SUI) / FC Salzburg (AUT)

Djurgardens IF (SWE) / MFK Ruzomberok (SVK)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is good that we have been seeded, although there are some tough teams that we might have to come up against including Fenerbahce SK, Osasuna, Chievo and Hearts.

Hopefully lady luck will be smiling on us and we will draw one of the smaller teams, although if we cant beat all those teams, i guess we dont deserve to be there!!

I will have everything crossed that we draw someone like Debreceni VSC (HUN) / FK Rabotnicki (MKD) or FK Mlada Boleslav (CZE) / Valerenga IF (NOR).

We shall see tomorrow morning!!

:tup: LONG LIVE AEK :tup:

AC Milan (ITA) :tdown:

:tdown:

FORZA ROSSONERI

they are consitetntly a top club in europe so dont act like they dont deserve to be there.

the "scandal" and the point deduction was lessened so therefore they go to down to 4th.

anyways good luck on the draw, the league needs the points....

rabondiznski or watever skopian club would be a nice draw, especially since if they make it they can lose to AEK and get sent to go play Iraklis and see them get totally harassed and beaten down by the people whose ethnic name they took.

best case: the skops, Debrecen, Maccabi (away match will be in Cyprus likely), Hearts, Djurgarden, and i think AEK will beat Spartak if they get the chance...

the rest are all tricky

worst case:

Osasuna, Chievo, Standard Liege

my hope----

AEK - Fenerbahce

AEK-Fenerbahce would be a great game and the intensity of the match would be good for them...AEK vs these mid sized teams lately just underperforms. AEK in the spotlight might do better..... i would even consider going to this match

:gr:

AC Milan (ITA)  :tdown:

FORZA ROSSONERI

they are consitetntly a top club in europe so dont act like they dont deserve to be there.

the "scandal" and the point deduction was lessened so therefore they go to down to 4th.

Heres a Random question; Why do u kiss Italians asses so much?? do you wanna be like them or something?? :P

i mean if it wasnt Ac Millian and it was an English club (arsenal coz i know how much u love them) i bet you would be singing a different tune... :whistle:

Reguardless of your love for Italians; they broke the rules and they should be punished and not get away with it based on there reputation...

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

AC Milan (ITA)  :tdown:

FORZA ROSSONERI

Heres a Random question; Why do u kiss Italians asses so much?? do you wanna be like them or something?? :P

i mean if it wasnt Ac Millian and it was an English club (arsenal coz i know how much u love them) i bet you would be singing a different tune... :whistle:

Reguardless of your love for Italians; they broke the rules and they should be punished and not get away with it based on there reputation...

:tdown: :tdown: :tdown:

why do you kiss australian and english asses so much? do you wanna be like them or something??

all i am really doing is objecting to other peoples :tdown:

i live about an hour from Milan, many friends are Milan, and its got nothing to do with Italians but rather MILAN. after PAO, i support Milan. is this so bad?

I have seen games in greece, england, germany, turkey, spain and nothing I have seen has come close... Milan is what this game is all about.

if it was an english club-----it would make no difference.

Its Milan playing instead of Palermo due to points. An Italian team will play either way. and very likely either team will qualify.

and you dont know one thing other than the words "match-fixing scandal" even though its not really match fixing...

and would you beleive there was entire INVESTIGATION, trial and appeals process that was gone through-----but of course, youre in a different hemisphere know best.

Milan also has the least amount of evidence if any really and i think its a load of crap, because i never seen Milan get anything ridiculous from a ref, if they were fixing, maybe they could fix the inter derby so the ref wasnt screwing them over but just being fair???

and this is AEK's thread about the draw...

Apart from Fenerbahce I dont think it could have been worse. AEK will need a big performance.

Well, it could have been a lot better, but in my view, Osasuna and Chievo would have been a lot worse, even maybe Liege!!

Anyways, the equation is simple, beat Hearts and we make CL!!

Ironically AEK will come up against Juho Mäkelä who AEK tried to sign last year. Obviously Fyssas will be playing for Hearts aswell. It should be interesting, Hearts are unproven in Europe, and still have to get past NK Široki Brijeg (BIH) who they lead 3 - 0 after the home leg.

Does anyone know who has the rights to be covering this match and the other 3rd round CL matches??

Cheers (",)

AEK draw the "Prods" of Edinburgh...

We eliminated Hibs a few years back and I expect us to do the same here. :)

:LOL: good one. prods

expect away,its us that will be laughing after both legs

so u knocked out hibs,well done!!

dont think u can compare the two edinburgh teams :nono:

Good draw by UEFA, Hearts is a good team, but not quite as good as Rangers or Celtics. They lack European expirence, they don't have many world class palyers. This team however is very hungry for a Champions League berth and AEK must be aware of that. On paper AEK may have a slight edge over Hearts. I must not underestimate the Scottish side for how tough an "unknown" side can be.

I would hope AEK qualifies, if only they can get quality results in both legs. After all there is a 50/50 chance for both sides to go thru.

Aek can and should qualify since they have a better team.It is not going to be a walk in the park but if Aek plays serious in both games this could be an easy one.

I'm with Spears.

AEK as the 2nd ranked Greek team should beat Hearts and qualify and if they can't, they should give up and play tavli at a Nea Philadelfia kafeneio.

yes thats right. because a team finishes 2nd in the greek league,it is the favourite against the team who finished 2nd in the scottish.

some logic.

Spears...

noone will leave this forum because of speaking their oppinion (except issues we have disussed 1000 times... )

And ... again... all of you! Put away your "Hellenism Meters" for Gods sake!

People are just talking about sports here...

Unless you are the only one who is entitled to have bad things to say about Greece or Greeks (and dont tell me you never did... in all natons all people DO ! In its good form its just a ameliorating process helping us to see things we dont like and push towards correcting them )

now, can we please deviate from this path leading us to the wrong way?

Cheers

It is frasturating to see how Greek clubs are falling down in the past 2 seasons. We saw Larissa beaten by Kayseruspor in the Intertoto Cup, it's time for AEK to drink plenty of frappe :P and get something going. Greece is in 8th place (by a hair), they can't afford to screw up this years UEFA competition.

Guys on the 6th Hearts play Celtic (Only 4 days before meeting AEK in the 1st leg), then on the 19th they play Rangers (only 4 days before the 2nd leg). Is this an advantage for them or disadvantage? Will it cause fatigue/niggling injuries and too much pressure, or will it prepare them physically for a big match as well as aiding them in their ability to handle pressure?

I'm with Spears.

AEK as the 2nd ranked Greek team should beat Hearts and qualify and if they can't, they should give up and play tavli at a Nea Philadelfia kafeneio.

yes thats right. because a team finishes 2nd in the greek league,it is the favourite against the team who finished 2nd in the scottish.

some logic.

Your sarcasm and shock at my statement might surprise you, but no matter how far Greek football has fallen in the last few years, an equivalent Greek team should account for a Scottish side.

It's just pure logic. Also based on UEFA rankings

History backs this up. AEK beat both Rangers and Hibernian. Panathinaikos beat Rangers.

I am suprised that anyone would find mine, Spears, crazy and others views so offensive. I would have thought that anyone making a claim that Hearts would be favourites would be brought back into line.

My comment about Aek being the best team against Hearts is based on my own personal opinion about this team,not because of Greece vs Scotland.If there was another team i might had a different opinion but i believe that in the match up in hand Aek is the better team and since we need the points to keep the 8th spot and Aek really could use the money they should play this game like a CL final and get the results both home and away.

Archived