Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK SOLD - NOT

Serraios

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, we are asking Zagorakis to help. I don't think he will jump in and become the president of the PAE right now. Right now I think he will help to bring more money into the team with his contacts.

We were going to play in the Super League whether PAOK likes it or not, considering the fact that over 80% of the A' Division teams are behind the Super League. If we want to be part of the greek soccer, we can't be absent from the top division. This is not to say that this new Super League will do anything for the Greek soccer. All it means is that the teams of the Super league will get a bigger piece of the "cash" pie, since they won't have to share the revenue with B and C Division teams.

The only succesful way for PAOK to fight against the Super League would have been if all the teams from Thessaloniki and some of the teams from eparxia would have formed a coalition together.

The problem is that Goumenos F***ed the team by going into a battle against the Super league. If he played it smart, he would have demanded something from the teams trying to form the Super League in order to join. Instead he decided to wage a war against it, because his buddy Viktoras Mitropoulos told him to. Because of this PAOK was fought behind the scenes. Had PAOK signed with Super League from the beggining, the team would not be in this situation it is now, and we would probably still be in the UEFA Cup.

Latest news has Zagorakis in talks wil Angelopoulos family for them to purchase shareholding in PEA PAOK and for Zagorakis to run the club. Apparently he is very close with Mrs Angelopoulos. Either way looks like Zagorakis will be the driving force behind the campaign to save PAOK.

Who the hell knows what is bullshit and what is truth anymore. I guess time will tell.

That would be the best solution.

However I heard a rumor on radio few minutes ago that Zagorakis is meeting with Papadopoulos of the Savidis fame in a Thessaloniki restaurant. Like you said, don't know who to believe anymore.

What is the point in the Superleague, nobody can get relegated and nobody can get promoted from the league below. The same teams each year will be soooooooooooo boring.

And we all know who will win the league dont we. Either Olympiakos or Panathinaikos...

I feel sorry for the leagues below, what a stupid idea. What is the point in it?

I feel sorry for the leagues below, what a stupid idea. What is the point in it?

I believe to make richer the top teams and more poor the other ones :blink:

paok4, you got it wrong. There will be relegations and promotions in the Super League like in the past. The only difference is that Super league will not share revenue with the other leagues like they did in the past. That's what they wanted all along.

Zagorakis apparently contacted pavlos Psomiadis of Aspis bank to see if he would get involved in PAOK affairs, but Psomiadis told him that cuirrently he does not want to be involved.

As long as the Orfanos law is not passed in the parliament, I don't see anybody coming forward to offer any help. The law should become law sometimes next week.

Apparently Zagorakis was not able to round up the investors at this present time. That's why he decided to continue playing soccer.

The latest rumor is that AS PAOK will try to contact Kambanis to find out if he is still interested in PAOK.

Yes, there have been developments. It appears that we will find out this week if PAOk will get the OK to play in the new Duper League Heallas 2007. All indications are that we will get that OK. It appears that the only casualty was the loss of the UEFA Cup spot.

It also appears that there is movement to remove the current owners from being the majority shareholders of PAE PAOK. This can be accomplished on July 29th, when a General Assembly of PAE PAOK is to take place.

It also appears that there is movement to remove the current owners from being the majority shareholders of PAE PAOK. This can be accomplished on July 29th, when a General Assembly of PAE PAOK is to take place.

a move that will hopefully rescue the club..

It turns out that the Kambanis interest was nothing but an orchestrated event by Goumenos and Co. to somehow get their hands on building the new Toumba.

It appears that Giannis Kambanis who was supposedly after PAOK is nothing more than a cousin of another Giannis Kambanis, who owes 6 transport ships. Giannis Kambanis (of PAOK fame) was nothing more than a captain on one of the ships owed by his cousin. Finally it came to light that the yacht, where all the meetings between Kambanis (of PAOK fame) and Goumenos, Katsaris, Salpiggidis, etc., was rented and did not belong to him.

Archived