Phantis Forums

Lorenzo Serra Ferrer

len

Serra Ferrer signs for AEK Athens

Madrid - Lorenzo Serra Ferrer became the first Spanish coach to join a Greek club when he signed with AEK Athens late on Wednesday night.

The Athens club announced that Serra Ferrer, 53, signed a two-year contract with them.

The Mallorca-born coach had also received offers from Turkish club Trabzonspor and from Spanish second division team Valladolid.

Serra Ferrer finished his contract at first division club Real Betis just one week ago.

He took Betis into the Champions League for the first time in the 2004-05 season, while at the same time guiding them to the Spanish King's Cup.

Serra Ferrer started his coaching career at Mallorca before moving onto Betis and Barcelona, where he was sacked in February 2001 after just seven months in charge.

http://sport.monstersandcritics.com/soccer..._for_AEK_Athens

He sounds really impressive!!! i cant belive you guys were able to get a coach like this no offence :huh:

Great work :tup:

I am a Spanish Betis fan and I have to say that Serra is a great coach. Last year we went to the Champions League for the first time thanks to him. It is a really good signing for AEK and I hope you can do good this year. Good luck!

Seems like a very positive move for AEK!!

I am really exciting.

Serra has shown with his teams that they can play an attractive style of football as well as defend well (as shown in the champions league).

The one question that will always be in my mind is this:

It doesnt matter what coach we have!! Will the board and the public pressure from supporters allow Serra to play the younger players and play the style he wants??

If this happens i am very confident of AEK becoming a compedative team in Europe!!

Bravo Demis for signing Serra.

Let him sign his own players (not 30+ ones), let him play his own style, let him select who he wants, but most importantly let him COACH, that is what his job is, not anyone elses!!

:tup: BRAVO AEK :tup:

Also, any word on any new signings or friendly games???

Cheers (",)

Bravo AEKARA!!!!!!! Really exciting aqcuisition! With Sollied making some promising signings, and with Demi making great moves like this we could see an all Greek Champions League final in Athens... :rolleyes: Well you never know! An gini tha ta kapsoume ola!!!

Come on Serrer Ferrer!

:gr: :gr: :gr: :gr: :gr:

pub team Besiktas?? well, to be honest, both Besiktas and AEK are the third greatest teams of their countries... Spanish coach, similarities..? I hope I'm proven wrong... ;)

remember Spanish players and coaches USUALLY do not make good of things when they're away from ANDALUCIA ;)

• 9 months later...

Archived