Phantis Forums

PAOK and UEFA Cup: 2006-2007

Ziaka

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nightsurfer, it's a threat from FIFA to EPO because the Greek government is meddling in soccer affairs. It's not accident that EPO and Orfanos are at each others throat. PAOK not getting the license to play in the UEFA Cup is the result of this EPO-Orfanos fight.

F*cking nightmare for PAOK. Now let's see what happens with Savidis....

yes but why where they so hard on u!

i mean aek owe/owed close to 100mil. euro and epo has not notified either fifa or anyone else???

btw no club with debts are allowed to be in the cl according to uefa rules

That s the reason:

Nightsurfer said:Somewhere I read ...this is only the beginning ... they are intending to ban all Greek Teams including the NT from 2007 / 2008

Ziaka these are the laws of the greek goverment that FIFA is furius.The law is

Pantos thelo na po oti einai poly adiko ayto pou ginete giati stin Juventus pou einai emlegmeni se trelo kai hontro scandalo edosan prothesmia mehri tis 15 aytou tou mina.

Looks like Thursday we will find out for sure if we are going to take part in the UEFA Cup. PAOK lawyers have presented a guarantee to EPO that PAOK has found a source for 6 million Euro that was needed to take care of the immidiate financial issues. Since PAOK as a team has presented those guarantees, it is almost ceratin that PAOk will get the ok to play in UEFA Cup.

Not to worry guys. PAOK and all the other Greek teams will get to play in Europe and Greece. It's always like that and then a day before the dead line mirracles happen!!!!!

They found the money and PAOK is getting the OK to playin the UEFA.. Didn't i tell you all not to worry? The mirracle happened again!!!!!!!! ;)

Somewhere I read ...this is only the beginning ... they are intending to ban all Greek Teams including the NT from 2007 / 2008

wait why are they going to ban the NT? Thats Bullshit we are the European Champions.

It appears that we will play in UEFA Cup after all. On Thursday EPO will apparently give their final ok for PAOK to play in the European competition.

As for banning the Greek teams and NT from all the competitions, this has to do with FIFA, which does not want EPO to have any dealings with the government. It is known that EPO is financed by funds from the government, and FIFA does not allow that.

EPO has heard the appeal by PAOK today. Also present at the hearings were representatives of Atromitos as well as the mayor of Peristeri. Outside the EPO offices approximately 30 PAOK fans gathered after travelling to Athens from Thessaloniki.

The hearings are now over, and according to metrosport.gr, the decision will be announced tommorrow.

Something tells me that they are waiting for the results of the AS PAOK elections in order to make their decision.

Yes, EPO decided to give PAOK the UEFA Cup berth after the appeal. They only thing remaining is for UEFA to confirm this, which they will. On the other hand Atromitos is crying and promises to take the matter to UEFA.

I'd say PAOK is 99.9% back in the UEFA Cup.

As for Atromitos, they should stop bitching and try to get to the competition through the Intertoto Cup. There they can prove that they deserve to be in the UEFA Cup, something they did not prove through regular season in the Greek league.

Archived