Phantis Forums

Foiros takes over

Vaggar

Foiros is the new coach. Last year he worked at Aris and managed to lead them in the UEFA, while this year worked at Olympiakos Lefkosias and he was fired two weeks ego due to the bad performance of the team.

For me Foiros is a coach that knows the Greek League well, but is not the name that will make me think that he have a coach for the years to come. I'll wait to see how it will fit with the team.

I also think Firos is there to end the season. Unless the team really perform under him, I don't see him staying for next season. I know some of the OFI fans will not agree with me, but your team lost a very good coach in Scazny.

I also think Firos is there to end the season. Unless the team really perform under him, I don't see him staying for next season. I know some of the OFI fans will not agree with me, but your team lost a very good coach in Scazny.

:tdown: it seems that you don't know what kind of man(coach) he was!

I followed the team every year when they come for training to northern europe and the things I saw this year in Holland were unbelievable. No sense of tactical rules, no line-up for the team, not interested in players who were injuried, not straight to his players, only the players he liked were selected, not the best players.

If I could tell you the stories I heard from several players how he treats them, you will not believe what I am telling you. From the beginning it didn't works out between the coach and the players. Some players could make one mistake after an onther one and he never, never say one word to them, other players he blamed from the moment they turned their head away!

So I think many people from OFI will be happy now he's gone and I hope that the team shows now what they really can do in right line-up with the right system.

See some statements from him, put on the forum by my friend vaggar and than you will understand how this man acts. Today he says its black and tomorrow he will be telling you that it's white! :tdown:

Scazny might be a good coach. After all he won championships in Czechia, so he has to be good. But he failed at OFI for two reasons. He didn't connect with the players mainly because he showed favor to certain players and he wasn't putting in the starting lineup the more fit. The second reason was that he was trying to fit the players to his plans and not his tactic to the players available. Last year he changed from the 3-5-2 to 4-4-2 in the middle of the season and OFI had the run we had in the second round. There were players that played in league games in new positions, positions that they didn't play not even in a single friendly game (example is the use of Roumpakis in the right side of the defense).

As for Gerald I agree with Clover22. He has offered a lot to the team, is one (maybe THE one) of the reasons that OFI became what is today, but now I don't think that he can coach. He is too old man.

:tdown: it seems that you don't know what kind of man(coach) he was!

I know very well what kind of coach he is, and I consider him very good. Perhaps he did not fit into the Greek mentality of the game, but that poses another question. Shouldn't players take some of the blame as well? Every indication is that players formed a clique and were against their coach. Who's to say that the same players will not do the same thing to Firos or any other coach that might come along?

Archived