Phantis Forums

time to change coach now!

slick13

AEK should have won the league when they last had him, instead he rode the team in 6th all season and they ended up what 4th? also how about OSFP awful form last year second half? its all quickly forgotten since PAO couldnt finish chances and then OSFP got a gift title which was then "double" - and if the guy was truly that great why after a double his contract was terminated?

bajevic is a garbage coach. He ruined the only AEK generation to have a chance at a title in the last decade, and took them to 4th place when they should have been competting for 1st... He went to OSFP to a built team and won the cup....they had a good start but remember how they lost their 9 point lead on the title?? PAO couldnt put the ball in the net the last 3 games and OSFP got the prota8lhma after a horrible second half season performance...

He's also the coach that led Olympiakos to their best ever European crusade (a quarter final and last season where there was a 100% record and 10 points in the group stages.) Bajevic is good coach, esp when there are no big names in the team, just like at PAO. Having said this he wouldn't be my first choice.

Look Drakos13, ill just say this; in my opinion you as a fan should only judge Pao the organisation (which includes everything from management to the players to the cleaners!!) in terms of success which reflects on the calibre of the club… Now most fans would agree that Pao is a team that no matter what the situation is, it should be gunning for the title…. Now in the last decade Pao has only won one double….

Do u consider that a success?? If not then why do u defend management???

I mean it’s not like the Greek League is hard???? What teams do Pao have to really worry about compared to other leagues?? Oly, Aek, Paok and mayb jst mayb xanthi & Iraklis???

Judging by the calibre of the club Pao should have won a minimum of 3-4 titles in the last 10 years!!! To defend management and say its not there fault is a disgrace on ur behalf (dnt mean to offend u but that’s the only way I can put it)…. If this management was in any other sport in any other country weather its soccer, baseball, football ect… it would have been forced out long ago….

Pao = Disgrace in my opinion….

Look Drakos13, ill just say this; in my opinion you as a fan should only judge Pao the organisation (which includes everything from management to the players to the cleaners!!) in terms of success which reflects on the calibre of the club… Now most fans would agree that Pao is a team that no matter what the situation is, it should be gunning for the title…. Now in the last decade Pao has only won one double….

Do u consider that a success?? If not then why do u defend management???

I mean it’s not like the Greek League is hard???? What teams do Pao have to really worry about compared to other leagues?? Oly, Aek, Paok and mayb jst mayb xanthi & Iraklis???

Judging by the calibre of the club Pao should have won a minimum of 3-4 titles in the last 10 years!!! To defend management and say its not there fault is a disgrace on ur behalf (dnt mean to offend u but that’s the only way I can put it)…. If this management was in any other sport in any other country weather its soccer, baseball, football ect… it would have been forced out long ago….

Pao = Disgrace in my opinion….

Im "defending" the management because you only look at ONE side of things. I never said we were being successful. But people think that we arent winning only because of him and thats a load of bullshit. Theres a whole other side you can consider- that maybe this team just doesnt get s%$#! done! Maybe our signings just blow! Why is it every foreigner we touch turns to crap?

"Now most fans would agree that Pao is a team that no matter what the situation is, it should be gunning for the title…."

I agree 100%. But this is the first year PAO really couldnt get into the title race that i can remember in a long time. We have won only once but weve still been in the CL a ton of times... that says were competing. Last season we lost be a goalpost. That was it. Another season we lost because of Efthimiadis screwing us over, remember? Fans came down and beat the s%$#! out of him! That game decided the title! One game the team just gave up before the start of the deciding match! We have been competing for the title over the years and been unsuccessful. But what can you do...

I feel most of those years PAO was definitly the better team and we both know it! The team/club just isnt that consistent over the years vs the small teams and we end up dropping points. Its not that were getting blown out by 12 points every year. I mean seriously in the last 5 years we should have had and were good enough to have 4 Prota8lhmata. Because one results or inconsistency that blows it for us isnt the managements fault its the players. The foundations for the team to succeed are established, and the guys in the jerseys just too inconsisent or just awful luck....maybe its that this OSFP generation is more consistent, and doesnt drop points on the little teams....

as for calling me a disgrace because i take in consideration a different side (that things really arent that easy and often things just dont go your way).....all that says to me Hollywood is that you blinly hate management. Which makes arguing with you really pointless. It doesn matter what I say you wont change because youre not open to the fact that theres no other side other than your own. and lets be honest, me, you, bar7 dont have s%$#! for a clue what goes in the offices. And we both well know there are different sides to everything. But We only see what we see from the team and the news. And you say you see no titles, were all dissapointed. But to say the management hasnt tried, to hold it completly responsible is pretty rediculous, especially when we know that most of these last 10 years PAO has CLEARLY been a better team than Thrinos...performances in europe are proof. The team just cant be consistent domestically...and what do you expect management to do about it? build a new stadium? spend money on players? set up a new squad that will be consistent? Its all being invested in.

Now who decides where that money is spent in terms of players and coaches has made some serious mistakes and needs to be replaced IMO. But thats not Vardinogiannis' role to my knowledge.

We are going to be back on top again dont worry. Possibly next year, and DEFINITLY IN 2008!!! :gr: :nw:

PAO=trella in my opinion

Look im gonna tackle down your arguments by paragraph by paragraph...

Im "defending" the management because you only look at ONE side of things. I never said we were being successful. But people think that we arent winning only because of him and thats a load of bullshit. Theres a whole other side you can consider- that maybe this team just doesnt get s%$#! done! Maybe our signings just blow! Why is it every foreigner we touch turns to crap?

Listen lets look at Pao as a business for a second because mayb jst mayb youll understand what im saying... Now King V is the Ceo of Pao & he is in charge of hiring other management such as Z who represents him to some degree, also Puppet Z hires other management beneth him who r then incharge of hiring players, coaches, scouts, physios (dnt know there names but in a club this size there are people like this) ect....Now ur saying that eveything that has gone wrong in the last 10 years doeasnt mean its King V's fault??? i disgree with you and know why? because this problem of failing to live up to our expectations as a club (or business) in the last 10 years all ties in with King V!! he is the ceo and if he cared then he would have sorted out the problems him self ages ago, instead he lets other management underneath him do it (who funny enough are the main problems, because there the idiots who hire idiots who then hire more idiots who then hire s%$#! players or s%$#! coaches ect...)... the fact that he doesnt bother/refuses changing his management makes him responsible for there mistakes and belive me Z and others have made alot of mistakes in the last 10 years which shows 1 titles in the last 10 years..... thats why in my opinon V and his empire of managers are the sole reasons to why Pao = Failures

I agree 100%. But this is the first year PAO really couldnt get into the title race that i can remember in a long time. We have won only once but weve still been in the CL a ton of times... that says were competing. Last season we lost be a goalpost. That was it. Another season we lost because of Efthimiadis screwing us over, remember? Fans came down and beat the s%$#! out of him! That game decided the title! One game the team just gave up before the start of the deciding match! We have been competing for the title over the years and been unsuccessful. But what can you do...

These are all excuses my friend, if Pao was a real Team of Greece then they would have got the job done atleast 3-4 times in the last decade no matter what!!! So dnt use excuses like if Goumas had scored in the last game we would have been champs or if Morris didnt make that vital mistake to let in a goal, because mate jst incases u havent notice all these Scenarios u mention can b applied to every team in the world includeing oly so dnt make it look like Pao r jst having bad luck because like i said a real team would have overcome thoes Scenarios and would have won it no matter what... the fact that pao have only won it once in the last 10 years proves that its not little Scenario's here n there that leads to Paos failures (thats just making excuse after excuse), its something else, something within this organisition and its not the players because weve seen alot of players come and go in the last 10 years and the results are always the same = Failing....

Makes you kinda wonder who has been with Pao for the last 10 years, has alot of influence on the way it is run yet the results are always the same... not hard to figure it out Drakos....

I feel most of those years PAO was definitly the better team and we both know it! The team/club just isnt that consistent over the years vs the small teams and we end up dropping points. Its not that were getting blown out by 12 points every year. I mean seriously in the last 5 years we should have had and were good enough to have 4 Prota8lhmata. Because one results or inconsistency that blows it for us isnt the managements fault its the players. The foundations for the team to succeed are established, and the guys in the jerseys just too inconsisent or just awful luck....maybe its that this OSFP generation is more consistent, and doesnt drop points on the little teams....

Should could would are jst excuses my friend!!! if u honestly think that Pao has established great foundations in the last 10 years then you must be the only Pao fan who is really happy about the team :huh:

Question who do u think is incharge of signing players to come to Pao??? lower/front line management?? then who do u think is incharge of hiring lower management??? medium management right?? then who do u think is incharge of hiring them?? the answer to all that is KING V!!! do you see how all the failures of Pao weather its the players or coaches or lower management all related to the CEO (King V) or the Boss of the company who has had these problems now for the last 10 years and hasnt really resolved them??? COMMON OF COURSE ITS MANAGEMENTS FAULT!!! CANT U SEE THIS??

as for calling me a disgrace because i take in consideration a different side (that things really arent that easy and often things just dont go your way).....all that says to me Hollywood is that you blinly hate management. Which makes arguing with you really pointless. It doesn matter what I say you wont change because youre not open to the fact that theres no other side other than your own. and lets be honest, me, you, bar7 dont have s%$#! for a clue what goes in the offices. And we both well know there are different sides to everything. But We only see what we see from the team and the news. And you say you see no titles, were all dissapointed. But to say the management hasnt tried, to hold it completly responsible is pretty rediculous, especially when we know that most of these last 10 years PAO has CLEARLY been a better team than Thrinos...performances in europe are proof. The team just cant be consistent domestically...and what do you expect management to do about it? build a new stadium? spend money on players? set up a new squad that will be consistent? Its all being invested in.

Now who decides where that money is spent in terms of players and coaches has made some serious mistakes and needs to be replaced IMO. But thats not Vardinogiannis' role to my knowledge.

We are going to be back on top again dont worry. Possibly next year, and DEFINITLY IN 2008!!! 

PAO=trella in my opinion

Look like i said i didnt mean to offend u but that was the only way i could put it, i even recognise it and put it in brackets (sorry ect..) so plz dnt try n turn my words against me like im taking a swipe at u personaly when u know im not (i know for a fact u hate it when pplz do it to u so plz dnt try it on me).... as for me lookin at it biasly because some how i hate King V personaly even though i dnt know him ;) is jst bullshit!!! im only evaluatin Paos performence based on results of the last 10 years and to me Pao = Failure.... Mayb u should look at it with ur Green glasses off and look at it in a business point of view instead of a fans points of view.... :not:

and jst to set the record straight i havent really said anything bad about management or m#$%!zanin all year because i waited till the end of the year b4 i evaluate em...

if you could tell me how to divide quote by quote id respond....

but heres the main point: looking at PAO as a business.....

I am only looking at PAO as an organization. You are right to an extent that he is part responsible. To say hes 100% responsible is beyond ridiculous though.

You are basing on the results. Which I also agree on, but there are some discrepancies. What you call "excuses" I call fact. I play this game, watch this game all my life. There is one thing that is for certain, there is NO 100% wins, and results very often dont represent the way the match went. There is only so much you can do. Sometimes a team will dominate or be the best and not win...Thats the sport. No need for examples theres too many.

There is a LIMIT to how much a club president can do. That is a fact. Dont bullshit me, dont bullshit yourself and say a club president or excecutive can make a championship happen every year or at all. God, the ball, and the 22 players on the pitch have the final say in that.

There is a LIMIT to how much a manager can do as well beleive it or not!

its true. The most an excec can do is making sure the club is doing well financially and the right people are in place and working to get the team to high quality.....the rest is up to the playing staff! Weve been so close to winning so many times.....I gave you the examples...the foundations provided by management were way qualified enough to acheive our goals title year after year....ironically enough when we seemed the least qualified we went on and won the double! the squad was at fault for not holding together.

Basically we can agree to disagree to some extent because we are both right. Management is to blame for shitty people being in positions to make misjudge these signings. I am with you 100% on that. But you cant argue that they havent provided for the team financially, are reinvesting and made serious attempts to try and redo this team, because there is plenty of evidence against it......

i mean some of the staff is doing great work too...the trainers exchanging techniques with Milan trainers (some of the very best), that program with AB Copenhagen or whatever for our youth....The youth program is also simply unmatched in Greece. Anyways lets be patient and hope for the best, I know PAO will be on top again for our centennial which will be so worth the this season....

Look lets jst agree to dis-agree, i still belive that King V and his empire that he build are 100% to blame for the failures of the last 10 years... i belive he and his puppets have had enough time (10 years), actually more then enough time to rectify the problems and hasnt...

dont get me wrong, his tried fixing the problem here and there but just hasnt had success which to me highlights that he isnt up to the job...

there for i belive he and his puppets should be removed (which wont happen) and be classified as failures :tdown:

i got one Question though to you drakos ... Since your so confident in Pao becoming champs of Greece in 2008 and doing well in europe, what happens if that doesnt happen? (given paos track record, theres a high possiblity it wont), What happens if this 5 years plan doesnt work??? what r u gonna think then?? its still the fault of the individuals which are the 11 players on the field or management?? coz like i said b4, players come and go but management stay and the failing results also stay.... common trend :tdown:

my patience has completely busted with panathinaikos. Arnt we suppose to be fighting for title every yr?????Teams like anderlecht, brugge, benfica, porto, ajax,feyenoord expect results every yr,,,,,we are a top notch club with history and expectations,,,,,,2nd spot is not good enuf. Some of my friends @ gwfs in abelokipoi have embargoed the football team and are following basket,,,,,do u blame them???????? i couldnt be f..cked no more following a team with management so incompetent and tightassy as they are.

Its just plain reckless to see paiktes typou kotsio, vyntra, xaralabides wooter andric,gourmas ,,,,and the other foreign garbage they have brought here. Whoever advised to bring these players should be sacked.

and one last thing.................otan den exis PAIKTES!!!!! DEN EXIS AMINA,,,,

den exis stoxous malake.s

u cant compare the current crop of so called talented players to the group pao had in 98,99 basina,lympe,karagounis not one bit,,,,,,,

Look lets jst agree to dis-agree, i still belive that King V and his empire that he build are 100% to blame for the failures of the last 10 years... i belive he and his puppets have had enough time (10 years), actually more then enough time to rectify the problems and hasnt...

dont get me wrong, his tried fixing the problem here and there but just hasnt had success which to me highlights that he isnt up to the job...

there for i belive he and his puppets should be removed (which wont happen) and be classified as failures :tdown:

i got one Question though to you drakos ... Since your so confident in Pao becoming champs of Greece in 2008 and doing well in europe, what happens if that doesnt happen? (given paos track record, theres a high possiblity it wont), What happens if this 5 years plan doesnt work??? what r u gonna think then?? its still the fault of the individuals which are the 11 players on the field or management?? coz like i said b4, players come and go but management stay and the failing results also stay.... common trend :tdown:

hollywood.....there is only so much outside influence you can put on the football pitch its a simple fact. The managements responsibility is to get the teams quality up to standard to win the championship every year through investments etc Thats all they can do. It seems every time a player makes a drastic mistkae on the pitch and costs us a huge result its not their fault? not even the player who F***ed up would agree with that.

There is a limit. Its impossible for it to be solely managements fault....Ill quote him on this because hes got a point......"this isnt playstation"

and im really sure well win in 2008. Im sure there will be PAO fever all over again with the new stadium, some big signings and a good CL run......I have faith. We might not be doing good now but the experience will count and well be ready. Most good generations start out in seasons like these. If we dont win in 2008 than Ill be pretty pissed, curse me out all you want.

now can i ask u a question.......when we were beating Barcelona, Arsenal, Porto, and raped Fenerbahce do you think management is responsible for those results? What about when we beat 3-1 in the cup final OSFP for the double? for the good results we have had do u hold them responsible? or only for the bad ones?

my patience has completely busted with panathinaikos. Arnt we suppose to be fighting for title every yr?????Teams like anderlecht, brugge, benfica, porto, ajax,feyenoord expect results every yr,,,,,we are a top notch club with history and expectations,,,,,,2nd spot is not good enuf. Some of my friends @ gwfs in abelokipoi have embargoed the football team and are following basket,,,,,do u blame them???????? i couldnt be f..cked no more following a team with management so incompetent and tightassy as they are.

Its just plain reckless to see paiktes typou kotsio, vyntra, xaralabides wooter andric,gourmas ,,,,and the other foreign garbage they have brought here. Whoever advised to bring these players should be sacked.

and one last thing.................otan den exis PAIKTES!!!!! DEN EXIS AMINA,,,,

den exis stoxous malake.s

u cant compare the current crop of so called talented players to the group pao had in 98,99 basina,lympe,karagounis not one bit,,,,,,,

na eimaste ligo prosextikoi otan milame gia ton Gouma...... exei prosferei stin omada oso kanenas allos.........

now can i ask u a question.......when we were beating Barcelona, Arsenal, Porto, and raped Fenerbahce do you think management is responsible for those results? What about when we beat 3-1 in the cup final OSFP for the double? for the good results we have had do u hold them responsible? or only for the bad ones?

of course management are responsible for thoes good results but there just a few in the long list of failures....

dnt tell me ur contempt with just a few good results, is that why ur so hell bent in defending management??? Bottom line speaks for its self 1/10 titles for a team whos supposed to b gunning for the title each and every year.... :tdown: :tdown:

If we dont win in 2008 than Ill be pretty pissed, curse me out all you want.

i just might do that :P

dnt tell me ur contempt with just a few good results, is that why ur so hell bent in defending management??? Bottom line speaks for its self 1/10 titles for a team whos supposed to b gunning for the title each and every year.... :tdown: :tdown:

Again, not what i said.

as for being hell bent to defend management----at this point im just defeding all management in general.

its a simple fact, they cant guarantee anything. They can only provide the foundations and setup, and they have for the majority of the years.

What steps could change hollywood to "force results" the only way a result happens is when the ball crosses the line. Now to make that happen a management can provide trainers, players, coaches, youth programs, facilities, dental care :LOL: and etc for the team to be at the quality of acheiving our goals every year. When it comes down to that one actual game it comes down to God, the ball and the 22 players. All factors cant be controlled only influenced, in this sport more than any other. And from the managements input theyve done all that can be done. The rest has to come from the team. They are good enough to win, they prove they are a top team, but they cant keep composed in the league....What do you want to do-----make changes----thats what is happening now. Changes...The team has a new core because of that very reason.

Do you beleive the management in EPO is at fault for the shitty performances of the Ethniki latley?

just a few facts here ,,,a few spanners in the works,,,,,and im not taking anybodys sides

paulo sousa is the highest paid foreign player ever to play in greece 3 million euros a yr.

Nikos lyberopoulos was the highest paid greek ever

and to to top that off mixalis konstantinou was on a 12 million euro contract at pao,,,,,,,,

then u have the large contracts of biscan, and concerisao

so to say management have been tightasses is wrong....ithink its more of a case of pao spending too much money on the wrong players

den fteei o Goumas, ego se osa paixnidia epekse fetos ton eida poly kalo, o kalyteros stin amina apo olous..... o Moris einai xalia fetos....

:tdown: I want to point out that the quality of a team, as far as I'm concerned, isn't good results spread all over, here and there, but CONSISTENCY and, finally, something to show for! (titles or maybe frequent appearances in the .."final 4"!!)

I can speak only for myself, but I'm NOT happy with the performance of my team in the last 10 years. I don't know about you, but I consider it a failure. There are many reasons for this downfall, but I've had enough of excuses!

Since this topic is about changing a coach, I have to say that I was a supporter of Melitzanas one year ago, but I see that any coach, ANY, could not have done worse. PAO was severely spanked in Europe, and out of ALL contention since last ...DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What tactics and team spirit are they talking about????!!!!!!! [haven't they been working on these for a year now?] :whistle:

I saw how our team played (?) against Iraklis---an important game under the circumstances. Crappy tactics/play and no PASSION, like, "sh*t, don't feel like playing today, just give me my paycheck...don't worry next year we'll rock!"..... :LOL:

Getting back to the topic at hand..

I think Cuper would be a steal. If PAO could afford him that is. As some of you have already mentioned, he's used to dealing with large amounts of money when it comes to transfer fees, wages, etc...

For that reason, I don't think he will come.

Bajevic...too much baggage with that guy. If he came to PAO now I think it would be the same as when he had his second coming with AEK. Basically, it has disaster written all over it.

Bakke (sp?) - Don't know squat about that guy. Can't comment but really, could he actually do worse then Malesani?

Speaking of which, I'm really suprised he hasn't resigned yet. After all, he must know that he's going to be getting the shaft soon enough. Too bad really. I thought the guy had a lot of potential and that he would have done well with PAO for a few years. Unfortunately, his time in Greece has been nothing but frustrations.

It'll be interesting to read what he has to say about PAO, the management, and the state of Greek football after he's pink slipped. A lot of it will be sour grapes no doubt...CAZZO! But at the same time you know this guy will speak his mind and it'll be brutal honesty. I can't wait.

Success comes from consistency.

Changing coches and players every year does not help.

Your coach is buikding a great young team. If anybody thought PAO should win the protathlima this year, they did not look at the squad carefully.

Pao will be gretly improved next year.

And this is what hurts me to say, I think PAO in the 2008-2009 season will begin a string of dominance in Greek soccer like Olympiakos has done the past 10 years.

Patience

:tdown: I want to point out that the quality of a team, as far as I'm concerned, isn't good results spread all over, here and there, but CONSISTENCY and, finally, something to show for! (titles or maybe frequent appearances in the .."final 4"!!)

I can speak only for myself, but I'm NOT happy with the performance of my team in the last 10 years. I don't know about you, but I consider it a failure. There are many reasons for this downfall, but I've had enough of excuses!

Since this topic is about changing a coach, I have to say that I was a supporter of Melitzanas one year ago, but I see that any coach, ANY, could not have done worse. PAO was severely spanked in Europe, and out of ALL contention since last ...DECEMBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What tactics and team spirit are they talking about????!!!!!!! [haven't they been working on these for a year now?] :whistle:

I saw how our team played (?) against Iraklis---an important game under the circumstances. Crappy tactics/play and no PASSION, like, "sh*t, don't feel like playing today, just give me my paycheck...don't worry next year we'll rock!"..... :LOL:

:nw: :nw: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :nw: :nw:

Archived