Phantis Forums

DEMIS VS PUNKS

Crazy

What these louts did was cowardly, no question about that. But I can't help but feel that some of the AEK fans are sick of their show pony president pretending that he is the Greek version of Posh and Becks.

I know that it annoyed many within in Greece (and no doubt AEK supporters) how Vandi and Nikolaidis openly discussed their lives to the foreign Discovery channel but reject all offers from Greek media outlets for interviews.

Just my opinion. Good luck to him forging a life in such a materialistic world.

BRAVO STON NTEMH FOR WHAT HE IS DOING!!!!! :tup: :tup: Next he needs to build the stadium ANY WHERE and he will win more fans. I think for right now he is good for AEK because he was the only one that steped in when AEK was in BIG trouble. So again BRAVO to Ntemh for what he is doing...

What these louts did was cowardly, no question about that. But I can't help but feel that some of the AEK fans are sick of their show pony president pretending that he is the Greek version of Posh and Becks.

I know that it annoyed many within in Greece (and no doubt AEK supporters) how Vandi and Nikolaidis openly discussed their lives to the foreign Discovery channel but reject all offers from Greek media outlets for interviews.

Just my opinion. Good luck to him forging a life in such a materialistic world.

No AEK fans are not tired of Demi, they are tired of waiting 12 years for a protathlima. They are tired of being screwed by the refs. And they are tired of being jerked around about the stadium. No one cares about Demis personal life or who he'll give an interview to.

Just hope Ntemi shows some resiliency and sticks it out.

For every 1 m#$%! fan who causes trouble there are 100 who are normal.

Organisations in turmoil need stability of managment and patience.

I genuinely believe we've turned the corner and are well on track for good times in the not to distant future. Overthrowing Ntemi in favour of a new regime will only set us back 2 more years, until they become opposed and overthrown.... and so on.

(note vicious cycle of non-progress.)

I am not an AEK supporter but what demis is doing is 100% right for me.Any way you look at the Greek soccer system nobody protects or prevents idiot fans from doing whatever they want and the clubs and there loyal but normal fans are the one that get punished.The soccer federation,the police,the goverment are all just for show and is up to each clubs president to deal with this kind of bullshit.What i don t get is why everyone is not doing the same like nikolaidis.Do you really want crazy mofos burning stadiums,breaking cars and causing fights everywhere in the name of your team????.In england it took a bunch of people deaths to make them realize the problem and FIX IT.Do we have to wait until then to act??????????????????????? :(

• 2 weeks later...

Greek football has a lot of troubles.

One of those is Organized fans. Normally, Organised fans are a good thing. Organizing travelling to follow the team, acting like a social club and the works...

However, past Presidents in AEK and current and past presidents* in other teams needed organised fans to support the team when people slowly begun to distance themselves due to the unreliability and cheating and later on due to the escalating violence.

The later, escalating violence, also served another purpose. Helping teams achieve more based on terror.

This is why what the President of Erasitechniki AEK did is part of the "Old" practive and hurts the new AEK severely!

I dont beleieve in making gods out of People. I dont even know id Demis is really heading this move or he is the frontman of a team ....

What they try to do with the club is towards the right direction.

And although noone is beyond critique... Demis must be allowed to show his intentions. Complete his work and take the team a step forward. If not for anything else, he and his team stepped in when NOONE would touch AEK, and they took a risk. Some others ** who said that only a MAD person would take AEK and now DEMAND to be put as leaders are at least ... funny....

Demis must go on. And also must learn form his mistakes.

Noone expected him not to make some. But he must learn faster...

----------------

* Mr. Vardinoyiannis must be excluded as he will stay in history as the first President to close down PAOs Organizations two or a bit less decades ago, and as much as I despise the man, this will always be an indicator of his initial plan which was a "cleaner" championship surroundings.

** The example of Mr Melissanidis comes directly to mind.

Archived