Phantis Forums

A' Div: PAOK - AEK

Ziaka

Both PAOK and AEK have disappointed for yet another season as admittedly the quality of their football is rather poor. Without touching on factors that go beyond the pitch, i think that it would be a fresh breeze for Greek soccer to see AEK making it through to the champions league!

Although i hope PAOK wins today, i wish AEK all the best at their difficult task of making the breakthrough!

Can PAOK follow next season?

Bravo PAOK! Nice to see 15,000 at Toumba too, with no fan trouble. :tup:

Good to hear that Shikabala played well! His really got a future that guy, I just hope that PAOK don't sell him to anyone. But if we do I want him to go to a major European club not some other Greek team.

So what was the end score? And was there any fan troubles?

Good to hear that Shikabala played well! His really got a future that guy, I just hope that PAOK don't sell him to anyone. But if we do I want him to go to a major European club not some other Greek team.

So what was the end score? And was there any fan troubles?

no fan trouble.. some of the fans were getting a little anxious after the penalty...they were probably looking for their lighters, but thankfully for Touba the game ended...

both teams did not impress much though.. other than paok's 2nd goal which i think is a keeper

aloi htane ola xara pou eixe xasi o gavros me ton irakli

kserete jiati???

jiati totes o gavros apo 9 pontous diafora sta 6 pontous katevikane kai mia omada nomite oti mporei na pari to protahlima kai CL

kai tora???

tora paei mono UEFA....

10 lepta mono ftasane....

Good win for PAOK. We won a game in which our opponent played better soccer. In the first half PAOK played very poorly. We could not copmplete any passes. Not that AEK played a briliant game, but they defenitively were the better team. There were two questionable calls in the game, which I am sure the Athenian press will use as the front page headlines. One was an offside call, when Cesar scored, and the other a holding by Hasiotis on Lyberopoulos. As for the offside call, it was too close to call in my opinion. It could have gone either way. As for the holding, AEK deseved a peanly kick on that one.

In the 2nd half PAOK's play improved dramatically thanks to Shikabala, who also created the first goal. Even if Alexopoulos did not put the ball in his own net, it looked like Giasemakis would have done so. The Salpiggidis goal was the icing on the cake. Finally at the end the ref tried to correct his mistake from the first half by giving AEK penalty gift.

Unfortunately Zagorakis got injured in the first half, and will most likely miss the rest of the season.

As for the fans, there were 15,000 at the game. Around 10,000 paying customers and the rest season ticket holders. It appeared that the Gate 4 organized fans stayed away.

Also, it was announced by PAOK players that if they receive the 100,000 Euro from Mamidakis for beating AEK and LEvadiakos, they will donate the money to various charities.

For the record we played with:

I must say, i always enjoy reading your informed analysis of games, Ziaka. I only watched the 2nd half where AEK still seemed to maintain ball possession, i was impressed however by PAOK attaching force as it was expressed in the first real chance for a goal in the second half. EXCELLENT game development and passing, poor finish unfortunately by Iliadis?

Both goals of PAOK were nice to watch,

sikabala stands out, the rest still a competent team. I'm i wrong in saying that our defending line was a bit weak with some poor clearances?

In the second half, the one i watched, AEK created hardly any chances to score and if it wasn't for Emerson, i'm sure they would have run out of pace

I hope AEK goes to next year's CL as it’s boring to watch the same teams competing in europe every year.

There were two questionable calls in the game,

The goal from Cesar was not questionable... he was clear onside

The gras cut traces on the pitch prove it that he is covered on pass giving around 30 cm... and even if he would be in the same line with the PAOK defender he's still onside.

It's not me to say... why he did not give it the linesman, who knows ?

As for Penalty, the first one... he can give it without any problem... but I saw games... in same situations nothing was given too....

The last one that I saw, was Villareal - Inter some days ago .... in the 92 minutes Martin from Inter was pulled the same like Lyberopoulos.... but not as long as Lyberopoulos....

Vassaras did not give it...either...

For us AEK fans is bitter that the most referee decisions (not all) go against us in important games...... and a lot of people make their own theories.....

It was also ridicilous that he has given us the Penalty in the 92 minutes....

Would the score be 1 : 0.... he would never grant that penalty there....

Katsouranis should have kicked the ball to the heavens of Olymp...

But the above referee decisions are not the matter, why AEK lost this game....although AEK did control the game for about 75 minutes...

The reason is in my opinion.... AEK in the adverse penalty box are lacks of decisiveness... and this now the whole season... nevethe less Santos... kept his system.. with the same offensive players... and in my eyes... Santos has to take that to his responsabilites.. he failed in that sense...

For me Venlinsky is our best forward.. nevertheless he played about 6-7 matches full ...if any... this says all

I think Santos lost the game when he took out his two most effective players in the game: Ivic and Soares. Those two were the ones creating the most problems for PAOK. Lakis and Kapetanos (big palto in my opinion) failed misserably once they entered the pitch.

Archived