Phantis Forums

How Many teams go to B Ethniki?

kalamata21

• 2 weeks later...

It would help if I knew which forum I am in:

From C' Division 5 teams go to B' Division but only 3 go down the other way.

The 5 teams that go up are the two top ones of each league (North and South) + the winner of the playoff between the two 3rd place teams.

• 1 month later...

And the teams promoted to B' Ethniki are:

Asteras Tripolis, Ethnikos Piraeus from the "South" group.

Agrotikos Asteras, PAS Giannina from the "North" group.

Messiniakos and Panthrakikos will play a play-off game to decide the 5th team.

Yes it's nice for Ethnikos to be moving up again, although it took a lot of time and a merger with other teams. The other question is if thei will use Karaiskaki now that they are back in B' Ethniki. i believe that as part of the deal that Olympiakos made with the state and the Greek Olympic committee was that if Ethnikos plays in a competion from b' Ethniki and above they will have the right to use that stadium as well.

As for the number of teams being promoted, I think next season B' Ethniki (or whatever it is called with this new Super League situation) will have 18 teams. I remember that at the start of the just finished season, there was a decision made to increase the teams to 18, but as far as I know that was never ratified.

Messiniakos defeated Panthrakikos in the play-off game in larisa and is the 5th team to get promoted to B' Division along with Asteras Tripolis, Ethnikos Piraeus, PAS Giannina and Agrotikos Asteras.

Archived